Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭dobman88

Hopefully the Dubs might stop all their whinging (highly doubtful) about this incident now it's been dealt with and Crowley given a well deserved suspension. Some of the things said about him on this website and other places were OTT. Thankfully he just accepted his punishment.

https://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/kerrys-peter-crowley-accepts-eightweek-ban-after-squirting-water-at-dublin-player-in-allireland-final-38495057.html

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

dobman88 wrote: »
    Hopefully the Dubs might stop all their whinging (highly doubtful) about this incident now it's been dealt with and Crowley given a well deserved suspension. Some of the things said about him on this website and other places were OTT. Thankfully he just accepted his punishment.

https://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/kerrys-peter-crowley-accepts-eightweek-ban-after-squirting-water-at-dublin-player-in-allireland-final-38495057.html

youll never stop them fellas whinging, still giving out about lee keegan a few years later,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

Just wondering is it possible to swap tickets to sit with child with different seat ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 18,552 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

djmc wrote: »
    Just wondering is it possible to swap tickets to sit with child with different seat ticket

Usually a lad will swop for a better ticket

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Same As

Same 15 that started the drawn game named to start tomorrow.

• Advertisement

djmc wrote: »

If you find some kind soul willing to swap with you, yes. Able to swap through the gaa/croke park, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Not much of a surprise - Tommy Walsh unlikely to make the same impact if he started, though might be best to bring him on at HT. Killian Spillane a little unlucky not to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

Not much of a surprise - Tommy Walsh unlikely to make the same impact if he started, though might be best to bring him on at HT. Killian Spillane a little unlucky not to start.

You are assuming this is the starting 15.
    It 100% will not be.

Forge83 wrote: »
    You are assuming this is the starting 15.
    It 100% will not be.

While I agree with you about the starting 15. I'd also be 100% confident Tommy wont start

dobman88 wrote: »
    While I agree with you about the starting 15. I'd also be 100% confident Tommy wont start

I’d agree but think Killian Spillane may be a possibility to start as he would have the legs for 60mins with James O Donoghue available for last 10/15mins if needed. If James is not available Killian may be held in reserve. No point in having both of them in reserve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭munster87

Great performance again from the young lads. Up against greatest a great team. Future is bright! Heads up

Still in croke park. Just want to say. We will have some craic following this Kerry team. Fair play to dublin. I doubt we will ever witness this again. Just glad they had to work for it. Up the kingdom.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

munster87 wrote: »
    Great performance again from the young lads. Up against greatest a great team. Future is bright! Heads up

Unfortunately I believe you are right.:-)

I think this Kerry team will be the next dominant force in gaelic football.

Also Sean O Shea, class for both games, some man for his age.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Not a kerry man but think you guys need to change how you choose your captain. Seeing your captain cut from the team can't do anything for your confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Proud of the lads.

Better team won. Missed too many chances.

Good experience for some of the younger lads to play 2 All Ireland Finals

Not much else to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,552 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Not a kerry man but think you guys need to change how you choose your captain. Seeing your captain cut from the team can't do anything for your confidence.

It's makes no difference, we expect the leaders to stand up. I think most players would consider Moran the defacto captain. However we really missed Peter Crowley in defence all year long. For the last few years he has organised the defence

However having said that Dublin were too strong for us today. Worthy champion's and entitled to there 5 in a row. The persistence with older players for the last two years has stymied our development. Having said that it was a tremendous performance both days by young lads. We could have suffered a hiding today but steadied the ship before half time. The goal and point after half time stymied us. Next year's another year. 1-2 years will make a big difference to this team. We need another midfielder to come through the system in the next year

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

27 percent shooting in the second half. Says it all really. Lots of chances missed.

Very very proud of the team. Hopefully a good turn out for them tomorrow. Our day will come

27 percent shooting in the second half. Says it all really. Lots of chances missed.

Very very proud of the team. Hopefully a good turn out for them tomorrow. Our day will come

1st half of first game must have been similar percentage

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

munster87 wrote: »
    1st half of first game must have been similar percentage

78 percent in the first half. I dont know what game you were watching

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Good performance but goal at start of second half was a killer and never fully recovered. Lot of bad option taking in second half, poor shot choices by a number of players, but Dublin deserved it on day. Nice to see some real emotion from Dublin players at end of game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Captain thing is a farce and has been for years but that’s for another day.

We just have too many players who can’t kick a point from 25 yards out.

I’ve said it before and will say again- we need Barry John Keane to come off the bench there- bench offered little. Tommy did well with the ball in but we’d no one off him, killian was well swallowed up, JOD didn’t get a touch.

Starting diarmuid was a massive surprise and really didn’t work but he’ll have better days as he’s a top talent.

We needed to be clinical to have a chance and some of our wides in the second half were criminal.

Sean o shea and Clifford- they’re some boyos, Christ almighty they are superstars with balls of steel.
    Geaney kept plugging away and did well I thought.

Simple thing is we were beaten by a better team

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

As a dub Fair play to this Kerry team for putting on two excellence performances.
    Hold your heads up high it’s was fanstastic to watch and both sets of fans were very well behaved too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭PressRun

Geaney had a terrific game, I thought. That catch in the second half deserved a better end product.

Clifford is some talent. Absolutely the real deal. Has it all.

78 percent in the first half. I dont know what game you were watching

Really? First half of the first game was that high? My apologies then. Felt lower!

Maybe you missed that I was talking about the first game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

munster87 wrote:
    Maybe you missed that I was talking about the first game.

78% first half 27% second half.

Not good enough to beat the best team of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I would liked to have seen Spillane on earlier ?

Well done to a great Kerry team who will win us many titles in the coming years.
    Well done to a great Dublin team winning 5 in a row.

Felt our team set up was very negative with both Adrian Spillane and Diarmuid O Connor playing mainly defensively. Would have preferred to start with Walsh and K Spillane and in hindsight might have been a better option.
    David Moran was very poor today turning over the ball for the goal when an easy catch was on and kicking 3 wides.Unfortunately we need David at 100% ability to challenge this Dublin team. Just not to be today.

Book the work holidays for All Ireland final next year as Kerry will be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭conor05

David Moran very poor in the second half.

He hit some terrible wides when he should have worked the ball until we got our 3 shooters DC, P.G. or SOS on the ball.

Caught bad for Murchan goal too.

But listen it is easy to criticize from the stand, I am so proud of David and the whole panel.

We will be back, but it requires some cute work and a few hardier lads. We are still Too nice of a team

• Advertisement

DDC1990 wrote: »
    78% first half 27% second half.

Not good enough to beat the best team of all time.

In first game. But sure **** it if ye can’t read a few simple words. :(

Advertisement