Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭elguapo

Kerry were awesome on Saturday. Given the Dubs shooting accuracy and general excellence over the 70 minutes, for Kerry to stick with them for as long as they did was remarkable.

Lot of people dissatisfied with the second half performance. The shooting and decision making was definitely off, but that was a result of fatigue. Dublin are simply the best conditioned team in the history of the game. Kerry are extremely fit by any reasonable measure but Dublin are simply at a different level, for now. Kerry will get there in the next few years, I'm sure of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭acequion

The new Mayo? are you f*ckin mental?
    These guys have just lost one final against an excellent Dublin team.

You worry that Sean o shea and Clifford will never win an AI? They are both barely into their 20s.

You’re either at the wind up or a complete walloper.

The new mayo? Jesus Christ what absolute tosh- wait until these lads are on their late 20s/early 30s and have lost 4 or so finals before coming out with such ridiculous nonsense.

Honestly I’m considering having you sectioned

Ah come off it will you!!! I understand that you're disappointed and most likely upset but insulting me and calling me a "wind up" or "walloper" for pointing out what may well be reality, depressing as it is, isn't helpful at all.

Dublin are the only team in history to achieve a five in a row, they are unbeaten in how many championship games? they have plenty players on the conveyor belt to step in with a third of the population up there, plus the financing they receive and constant home advantage. So the facts are staring you in the face whether you like it or not and all counties could become perennial losers like Mayo. I hope to god they wane as all great teams have before them but so far there's no sign of that happening. So sorry to burst your bubble but I am worried, but delighted that you're more optimistic.

And I was very worried before the replay and felt that many were suffering from collective wishful thinking as all the evidence pointed to Dublin being better than us as was proved to be the case.

I really, really want Kerry to get back to big winning ways, really want Sam Maguire back here as he has been 37 times before and I hope to god it happens soon, but there is a chance we might have a long wait yet and attacking me for saying it isn't going to change it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

acequion wrote: »
    Ah come off it will you!!! I understand that you're disappointed and most likely upset but insulting me and calling me a "wind up" or "walloper" for pointing out what may well be reality, depressing as it is, isn't helpful at all.

Dublin are the only team in history to achieve a five in a row, they are unbeaten in how many championship games? they have plenty players on the conveyor belt to step in with a third of the population up there, plus the financing they receive and constant home advantage. So the facts are staring you in the face whether you like it or not and all counties could become perennial losers like Mayo. I hope to god they wane as all great teams have before them but so far there's no sign of that happening. So sorry to burst your bubble but I am worried, but delighted that you're more optimistic.

And I was very worried before the replay and felt that many were suffering from collective wishful thinking as all the evidence pointed to Dublin being better than us as was proved to be the case.

I really, really want Kerry to get back to big winning ways, really want Sam Maguire back here as he has been 37 times before and I hope to god it happens soon, but there is a chance we might have a long wait yet and attacking me for saying it isn't going to change it!

Honestly you’re hysterical.

You are saying that we are next Mayo are losing one final- 15 of our squad were competing in their first and have been tearing it up at underage level.

We have a conveyor belt better than Dublin and are a team on the way up.

If you’re writing this Kerry team off already then as I said- you are either on the wind up

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭poppy37

have to say lads while the players gave there absolute all to the cause... i was very disappointed with some aspects of Kerrys play over 2 games... still cant get my head around the final 12mins of drawn game and the fact we were turned over 5 times in that period.... also disappointed with 2nd half performance on Sat... we had alot of possession but tried to walk the ball into the net.... should have taken points we werent down by that much....

i also dont buy this young and inexperienced talk.... if you include drawn game and replay... paul geaney was playing in his 4th all ireland final... stephen o brien 3rd.... tommy walsh 4th... david moran 4th i think.. paul murphy 4th.... most of the others have played there in numerous minor finals....

i genuinely am worried that we wont get anything like the return at senior level that we got at minor level.... the minors that got the ball rolling in 2014.... where are most of em now.... they will b 24 next year.....

the biggest concern i have tho is the lack of a ruthless streak in the team.... killer instinct... stubborness and out and out ingorance that say Declan o' sullivan had dara se had and paul galvin had.... them lads physically and mentally imposed themselves on the opposition... name one of the present team that is doing that....

i hope im wrong with above.. time will tell

I don’t often get riled up enough to post online but there are so many inaccuracies in your post it’s laughable.

Paul Murphy and Paul Geaney were playing in their third All Ireland Final not fourth. Tommy Walsh was playing in his second not fourth. Have you forgotten he left for Australia after the 2009 win.

Of the 2014 minor winning team we have Shane Ryan, Tom O’Sullivan, Brian O’Beaglaoich, Micheal Burns, Killian Spillane and Liam Kearney and Rob Wharton are in the extended panel. Jason Foley started the first game of that campaign in Ennis but lost his place after that. Mark O’Connor is obviously in Australia so that is half a team.

I understand people are disappointed as am I. I rarely miss a game league or championship but we are on the right track. Compare where we are now compared to the last few years of Fitzmaurices reign. There is just no comparison whatsoever. Get behind the team, if we are disappointed think how they are feeling. Look forward to the league where hopefully we will add the likes of Mark Breen Dan O’Brien John Mark Foley. A winter of s&c for the likes of Gavin O’Brien will bring him on a ton.

It’s not all doom and gloom.

poppy37 wrote: »
    I don’t often get riled up enough to post online but there are so many inaccuracies in your post it’s laughable.

Paul Murphy and Paul Geaney were playing in their third All Ireland Final not fourth. Tommy Walsh was playing in his second not fourth. Have you forgotten he left for Australia after the 2009 win.

Of the 2014 minor winning team we have Shane Ryan, Tom O’Sullivan, Brian O’Beaglaoich, Micheal Burns, Killian Spillane and Liam Kearney and Rob Wharton are in the extended panel. Jason Foley started the first game of that campaign in Ennis but lost his place after that. Mark O’Connor is obviously in Australia so that is half a team.

I understand people are disappointed as am I. I rarely miss a game league or championship but we are on the right track. Compare where we are now compared to the last few years of Fitzmaurices reign. There is just no comparison whatsoever. Get behind the team, if we are disappointed think how they are feeling. Look forward to the league where hopefully we will add the likes of Mark Breen Dan O’Brien John Mark Foley. A winter of s&c for the likes of Gavin O’Brien will bring him on a ton.

Going by some of the ill informed nonsense on here- you’d nearly think we were better off not fielding a team next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

A winter of s&c for the likes of Gavin O’Brien will bring him on a ton.

Well said. However we are behind most teams in relation to S&C. In both games we were struggling in the last 10/15 mins. Dublin,Mayo,Donegal and Tyrone are miles ahead in terms of modern S&C.

Gavin White for example suffered big time from his lengthy All Ireland club duty. He was a pale shadow of himself from 2018 championship. I think he has the ability to be one of the best attacking half backs in the country with a proper winters training.
    Jason Foley is still very light for a fella who has 3/4 years on the senior panel already. Also this guy ran 10.9 for 100 meters, why don’t Kerry utilize his speed?
    Paul Murphy,Tom O Sullivan, Brian O B, Killian Spillane etc all very light.
    David Clifford is naturally big but no way conditioned to where he can be.

Obviously a lot of young players but it can be done, look at the difference in Con O Callaghan this year. I’m just worried it won’t be done when you look at Foley and Murphy after years with the senior set up.

I mentioned it earlier in the thread, Kerry should seriously be looking to bring in Joe O Connor who was instrumental in helping Limerick win the hurling All Ireland in 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Honestly you’re hysterical.

You are saying that we are next Mayo are losing one final- 15 of our squad were competing in their first and have been tearing it up at underage level.

We have a conveyor belt better than Dublin and are a team on the way up.

If you’re writing this Kerry team off already then as I said- you are either on the wind up or a complete and utter loon ball

I'm not sure there is really that much of an advantage in terms of a conveyor belt, especially when you look at U21/U20 (which is arguably way more relevant to senior intercounty)

Dublin have made massive progress in terms of what they have achieved in terms of U21/U20 football in the last few years - 8 out 11 of the last Leinster titles at U21/U20 level compared to 7 titles in the previous 45 years.
    Dublin won their first U21 All-Ireland in 2002 and have won the All-Ireland in 2010, 2012, 2014, 2017 as well as losing the final this year.

As a comparison the last time Kerry got to an U21/U20 All-Ireland final was 2008 and the only Munster U21/U20 title won since then was 2017.

The five-in-a-row by the minors is eye-catching and memorable but I don't think Kerry have much of an advantage in terms of the conveyor belt below senior.

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    I'm not sure there is really that much of an advantage in terms of a conveyor belt, especially when you look at U21/U20 (which is arguably way more relevant to senior intercounty)

Dublin have made massive progress in terms of what they have achieved in terms of U21/U20 football in the last few years - 8 out 11 of the last Leinster titles at U21/U20 level compared to 7 titles in the previous 45 years.
    Dublin won their first U21 All-Ireland in 2002 and have won the All-Ireland in 2010, 2012, 2014, 2017 as well as losing the final this year.

As a comparison the last time Kerry got to an U21/U20 All-Ireland final was 2008 and the only Munster U21/U20 title won since then was 2017.

The five-in-a-row by the minors is eye-catching and memorable but I don't think Kerry have much of an advantage in terms of the conveyor belt below senior.

We are just after taking one of the best, if not the best, team of all time to a replay with a very young team and with 15 of the panel being involved in their first final.

We are in the strongest position we have ever been in- in terms of underage success and probably young players coming through.

I think we are ok - the future is bright folks, chin(s) up

Boom__Boom wrote: »

We won the 2018 u21 Munster as well and lost the semi to the eventual winners Kildare and this was without Clifford and Seanie but I do see where you are coming from. The new U21 managerial appointment is crucial. As regards Joe O’Connor I don’t think it’s a runner, he left the set up in Limerick because he had too much on the go with Fittest Family etc. Well that was the official reason but can’t see him joining another inter county set up. McGahern has a good reputation too.

It’s hard for people to accept but Dublin are just better than us at the moment. We have made great strides in year one of Peter Keane’s tutelage. Let’s see if we can drive on in year two.

We won the 2018 u21 Munster as well and lost the semi to the eventual winners Kildare and this was without Clifford and Seanie but I do see where you are coming from. The new U21 managerial appointment is crucial. As regards Joe O’Connor I don’t think it’s a runner, he left the set up in Limerick because he had too much on the go with Fittest Family etc. Well that was the official reason but can’t see him joining another inter county set up. McGahern has a good reputation too.

It’s hard for people to accept but Dublin are just better than us at the moment. We have made great strides in year one of Peter Keane’s tutelage. Let’s see if we can drive on in year two.
    Joe has a gym base in Tralee though and would have a lot less travel so a lot more feasible.

• Advertisement

Forge83 wrote: »
    Joe has a gym base in Tralee though and would have a lot less travel so a lot more feasible.

I know that but I really don’t think you leave a JP financed Limerick set up and go to another county especially when you are a Limerick native. It wouldn’t be appreciated in Limerick let’s just say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Forge83 wrote: »
    Well said. However we are behind most teams in relation to S&C. In both games we were struggling in the last 10/15 mins. Dublin,Mayo,Donegal and Tyrone are miles ahead in terms of modern S&C.

Gavin White for example suffered big time from his lengthy All Ireland club duty. He was a pale shadow of himself from 2018 championship. I think he has the ability to be one of the best attacking half backs in the country with a proper winters training.
    Jason Foley is still very light for a fella who has 3/4 years on the senior panel already. Also this guy ran 10.9 for 100 meters, why don’t Kerry utilize his speed?
    Paul Murphy,Tom O Sullivan, Brian O B, Killian Spillane etc all very light.
    David Clifford is naturally big but no way conditioned to where he can be.

Obviously a lot of young players but it can be done, look at the difference in Con O Callaghan this year. I’m just worried it won’t be done when you look at Foley and Murphy after years with the senior set up.

I mentioned it earlier in the thread, Kerry should seriously be looking to bring in Joe O Connor who was instrumental in helping Limerick win the hurling All Ireland in 2018.

I actually thought Kerry made big strides in this area in 2019. We went toe to toe with everyone we met bar Dublin. I didn’t think Mayo, Tyrone or Donegal had any noticeable advantage over us in terms of fitness.

Dublin are incredible but their stamina and conditioning had been built up over the years with the very best training and playing high level matches consistently while many of our panel are starting out. We only appointed a f/t head of athletic development this time last year. It takes years of consistent effort to peak as an athlete.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Tommy Walsh started 08' all ireland he was one of the twin towers with donaghy... he also played in 09 getting man of the match... he played the drawn game 2 wks ago thats number 3... the replay number 4...

paul geaney started 2014 all ireland got a goal after couple mins... started in 15... drawn game and replay... murphy the same...

david moran was there in 08... i remember him coming on against cork in semi final and scoring 1-1 we would have lost only for his contribution.... dont think he was there in 09... he was there in 2014 as i remember seeing a pic of himself and his father taken soon after game was over and his dad was crying as david had missed a couple years due to cruciate injuries....

didnt realise we had that many from 2014 minor team.... so i concede defeat there... its not all doom and gloom for sure.... but i honestly think we lack a bit of ruthlessness.... not dirt or sledging just when we are ahead that we drive on

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭dog_pig

The new Mayo?
    These guys have just lost one final against an excellent Dublin team.

You worry that Sean o shea and Clifford will never win an AI? They are both barely into their 20s.

You’re either at the wind up

The new mayo? Jesus Christ what absolute tosh- wait until these lads are on their late 20s/early 30s and have lost 4 or so finals before coming out with such ridiculous nonsense.

Is that not a bit disrespectful to Mayo Gillian?

dog_pig wrote: »

This guy /girl is a bit disrespectful to a lot of us. Sure I'm "hysterical", a "wind up" etc etc for pointing out the cold hard fact that Dublin are better than not only us, but everyone else in the country.

We haven't lost just one All Ireland final, we've lost the last two we've played in, when Kerry don't normally lose two consecutive finals and we've lost the last three to Dublin. As well as how many semi final defeats to them this decade??

But for all that it's not all doom and gloom and we are a team on the way up. I'm just worried that Dublin have created a glass ceiling. Listening to Terrace Talk tonight where they spoke about the huge discrepancy in funding as well as all the other advantages this Dublin team enjoy, how would you not be worried?? No other team has ever enjoyed such massive dominance. There were hopeful signs after the drawn game that the dominance was starting to wane, but then look at them on Saturday night!

We're Kerry with our proud tradition, still the most successful county and we look and hope to the future, but it ain't a level playing field we're all on right now.

This guy /girl is a bit disrespectful to a lot of us. Sure I'm "hysterical", a "wind up" etc etc for pointing out the cold hard fact that Dublin are better than not only us, but everyone else in the country.

We haven't lost just one All Ireland final, we've lost the last two we've played in, when Kerry don't normally lose two consecutive finals and we've lost the last three to Dublin. As well as how many semi final defeats to them this decade??

But for all that it's not all doom and gloom and we are a team on the way up. I'm just worried that Dublin have created a glass ceiling. Listening to Terrace Talk tonight where they spoke about the huge discrepancy in funding as well as all the other advantages this Dublin team enjoy, how would you not be worried?? No other team has ever enjoyed such massive dominance. There were hopeful signs after the drawn game that the dominance was starting to wane, but then look at them on Saturday night!

We're Kerry with our proud tradition, still the most successful county and we look and hope to the future, but it ain't a level playing field we're all on right now.

You’re going back on your statements now- you called us the new Mayo and said you thought that there was a good chance that Clifford and Sean o shea would never win an all Ireland.

I have said that is an absolutely ludicrous collection of statements, which it is.

You mentioned that we have lost our last 2 finals but are intentionally omitting the fact that they are more 2 very different starting teams as to include this wouldn’t suit your Mayo comment.

Those 2 statements were nothing but hysterical ramblings as they can’t be grounded in anything other than sheer pessimism

dog_pig wrote: »

How is it disrespectful to Mayo? I didn’t even bring them into it.

You’re going back on your statements now- you called us the new Mayo and said you thought that there was a good chance that Clifford and Sean o shea would never win an all Ireland.

I have said that is an absolutely ludicrous collection of statements, which it is.

You mentioned that we have lost our last 2 finals but are intentionally omitting the fact that they are more 2 very different starting teams as to include this wouldn’t suit your Mayo comment.

Those 2 statements were nothing but hysterical ramblings as they can’t be grounded in anything other than sheer pessimism

Jesus what is it with you that you're all out to attack anyone you disagree with? And offensively so!! I'm getting a bit tired of being called "hysterical" for pointing out reality. And if there's one thing worse than pessimism it's delusional cock eyed optimism!!

I've better things to be doing than arguing with the likes of you who's clearly looking for a fight and this is my last comment on the matter but for the last time here are the facts:

Kerry have lost the last two finals.
    Kerry have lost three finals this decade to Dublin.
    Kerry have lost many big games this decade to Dublin.
    Kerry have only won one AI this decade.
    Dublin are a juggernaut for all sorts of reasons.
    No other county can beat Dublin either.

Taking those those hard cold facts into consideration it's quite possible that Kerry's famine may continue for some time yet.

Taking those facts into consideration it is possible that Clifford or O Sullivan may never win an AI medal like many great footballers around Ireland.Being from Kerry doesn't provide an automatic insurance unfortunately.

Now I hope to God that won't be the case but I don't know and you don't know. So get over yourself now and stop being so aggressive and offensive!!

Jesus what is it with you that you're all out to attack anyone you disagree with? And offensively so!! I'm getting a bit tired of being called "hysterical" for pointing out reality. And if there's one thing worse than pessimism it's delusional cock eyed optimism!!

I've better things to be doing than arguing with the likes of you who's clearly looking for a fight and this is my last comment on the matter but for the last time here are the facts:

Kerry have lost the last two finals.
    Kerry have lost three finals this decade to Dublin.
    Kerry have lost many big games this decade to Dublin.
    Kerry have only won one AI this decade.
    Dublin are a juggernaut for all sorts of reasons.
    No other county can beat Dublin either.

Taking those those hard cold facts into consideration it's quite possible that Kerry's famine may continue for some time yet.

Taking those facts into consideration it is possible that Clifford or O Sullivan may never win an AI medal like many great footballers around Ireland.Being from Kerry doesn't provide an automatic insurance unfortunately.

Now I hope to God that won't be the case but I don't know and you don't know. So get over yourself now and stop being so aggressive and offensive!!

And my point is that your analysis is completely flawed as you cant base the future performance of a team on the past performance of a, more or less, completely different team.

The fact that you would even bring the final from 2011 into a discussion on the next decade backs up my point even more so - so by your reckoning Clifford will probably never win an All Ireland and one of the contributory factors to this is the 2011 final?

He was still in short pants back then and that whole Dublin team will be retired by the time he hits his prime yet you still have used this as a factor in your analysis? Can you not see why I deem your analysis to be ludicrous?

It's a pity we didnt get you to have a word with Cluxton and a few other Dubs after the quarter final in 2009 - as they would have packed it in using your robust set of assumptions.

And my point is that your analysis is completely flawed as you cant base the future performance of a team on the past performance of a, more or less, completely different team.

The fact that you would even bring the final from 2011 into a discussion on the next decade backs up my point even more so - so by your reckoning Clifford will probably never win an All Ireland and one of the contributory factors to this is the 2011 final?

He was still in short pants back then and that whole Dublin team will be retired by the time he hits his prime yet you still have used this as a factor in your analysis? Can you not see why I deem your analysis to be ludicrous?

It's a pity we didnt get you to have a word with Cluxton and a few other Dubs after the quarter final in 2009 - as they would have packed it in using your robust set of assumptions.

Oh for god's sake I'm not "analyzing" "reckoning" or having a "robust set of assumptions" about anything!! I was simply expressing my worries here as I'm perfectly entitled to do.

You're only interested in a major debate where you can point score off your opponent.

Wrong opponent mate, I ain't interested! I'm still licking my wounds from the defeat.

So go and find somebody else to point score with! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭C__MC

I actually thought Kerry were going to pip Dublin Saturday but on reflection, they just didn't get to the pitch of the game like Dublin. Heroic scores in the first half made it a great contest on kerrys behalf. As they where conceding kickouts as well, there legs just went and tired and lazy shots crept into it.
    Kerry are on the right track but there s and c seems to be lagging behind Dublin a good bit. Posted this earlier but in a least 5 games this decade, Kerry have been out on their feet against the dubs.

2019- League and Championship games
    2017- League Game & Final
    2016- AIL Semi & 2013

Dublin just have a crazy level of fitness it seems

Is that the end of JOD and a few other Enright etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭dobman88

C__MC wrote: »

Didnt they beat Dublin in the league in Tralee in a cracking game :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭dobman88

C__MC wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭davegilly

dobman88 wrote: »
    They were hanging on for dear life against 14 men at the end though, bit similar to two weeks ago.

What's worrying about that or should have been at the time is the dubs were only off a plane a week before hand and we're still fitter than the Kerry lads. Kerry and everybody else's S&C has to improve drastically if you are to have any hope against the dubs.

Oh for god's sake I'm not "analyzing" "reckoning" or having a "robust set of assumptions" about anything!! I was simply expressing my worries here as I'm perfectly entitled to do.

You're only interested in a major debate where you can point score off your opponent.

Wrong opponent mate, I ain't interested! I'm still licking my wounds from the defeat.

So go and find somebody else to point score with! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It’s not about point scoring- I’m questioning your post because it is, in my opinion, ludicrous to make the claim that you think Clifford or o shea will never win an AI and that we are the new Mayo.

That it is one of the strangest and most baseless posts I’ve read on here and that’s saying something.

As I said- I’m convinced your on the wind up

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Back to club action at the weekend

EEk-H-6XoAA8_UX.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭conor05

davegilly wrote: »
    They were hanging on for dear life against 14 men at the end though, bit similar to two weeks ago.

What's worrying about that or should have been at the time is the dubs were only off a plane a week before hand and we're still fitter than the Kerry lads. Kerry and everybody else's S&C has to improve drastically if you are to have any hope against the dubs.

This.

Dublin fitness levels in the last 15-20 minutes are winning them matches. Kerry and Mayo have taken silly options when out on their feet against Dublin.

Dublin have the fitness levels and composure to see out this big games.

Ciaran Kilkenny and McCarthy are still sprinting in the 75th minute like they are in the 5th minute.

Do you ever really see Dublin players going down with cramp?

conor05 wrote: »
    This.

Dublin fitness levels in the last 15-20 minutes are winning them matches. Kerry and Mayo have taken silly options when out on their feet against Dublin.

Ciaran Kilkenny and McCarthy are still sprinting in the 75th minute like they are in the 5th minute.

We had guys going down with cramp around 45 mins. I’ve commented at several games that the Kerry warm up is too long and too intense. Obviously I don’t know how long they warmed up for the finals but most likely the same as previous championship games.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,120 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

conor05 wrote: »
    This.

It`s not just their fitness levels, it`s also their conditioning which is evident in their tackling and in their forwards, especially O`Callaghan and Mannion.
    Any team with serious ambitions of beating this Dublin team needs to look at having at least one full time conditioning coach, or in the case of most counties with the geographical spread of players two to full time monitor players conditioning programmes.
    Not cheap, but without that imo in relation to this Dublin team, other counties will be playing second best for a long time to come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

davegilly wrote: »

I don't disagree with what you're saying here but originally the conversation was about 'the what' i.e. Kerrys record vs. Dublin which somebody identified as defeats in 2019, League and Championship. When that was questioned based on Kerry winning 1 (Tralee game), losing one (replay) & drawing 1 (1st final), then it becomes about 'the how' which is a bit disingenuous.

Ultimately, while it being evident that Dublin are a good bit ahead of the pack, I think Peter Keanes first year in charge has left us top of that chasing pack, with more work to do and more improvements to be made. W1/D1/L1 against Dublin isn't a bad return considering. If you'd offered Kerry fans that at the start of the year in no particular order they'd have taken it.

Advertisement