Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Round Two

East Kerry V Stacks is a massive game

EFJQjYhW4AEKDgo.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Round Two

Could be bye bye for Stacks :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

Round Two

What players stood out for everyone on the first weekend of games?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

Killian Youngs retirement sees the last member of the 2006/07 winning teams call it a day. Seem like it was only yeaterday he was the U21 winning captain

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

His star faded a bit in the last few years but credit to him for sticking around to add experience to the panel. Got a huge amount of important scores attacking from his own half. On his day he could be as good as any half back in the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Round 3 this weekend

EFqHH7pXYAMbVNw.jpg:large

Strand Road V East Kerry should be a cracker

• Registered Users Posts: 18,552 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

cms88 wrote: »
    Killian Youngs retirement sees the last member of the 2006/07 winning teams call it a day. Seem like it was only yeaterday he was the U21 winning captain

He was a great servant in his day but stayed on 1-2 years too long like many of that era. Fitzmaurices reluctance to bring in young players has us about 2 years behind the development area we should be in. After the semi-final loss to Mayo we should have seen a huge clear out of older players in 2017 rather than trundling through 2018 and those players holding positions on the benches. In truth we should have seen the introduction of younger players from the 2016 season.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

He was a great servant in his day but stayed on 1-2 years too long like many of that era. Fitzmaurices reluctance to bring in young players has us about 2 years behind the development area we should be in. After the semi-final loss to Mayo we should have seen a huge clear out of older players in 2017 rather than trundling through 2018 and those players holding positions on the benches. In truth we should have seen the introduction of younger players from the 2016 season.
    Wouldn’t agree with this at all. Those lads were nowhere near ready in 2016 or even 2017. They were getting blown up in training by the older lads by all accounts and I can’t imagine they’d have fared any better in championship matches. There was always going to be a down year or two when they were being integrated in to the team and I think Eamon and now Peter handled that well.

Happy retirement to Killian. A great servant to Kerry and a gentleman who I have had the pleasure of dealing with a number of times. Injuries have really derailed him in recent years which is a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭dobman88

Can anyone find the 2020 league fixtures? Have been looking online for them but cant find em. Ty

• Registered Users Posts: 15,239 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Even they are usually out by now I have not seen mention of them anywhere.

• Advertisement

Even they are usually out by now I have not seen mention of them anywhere.

Have found Dublin, Meath and Donegal fixtures. Cant find any of the other counties fixtures.

dobman88 wrote: »
    Have found Dublin, Meath and Donegal fixtures. Cant find any of the other counties fixtures.

That's very odd, do you have a link ?

That's very odd, do you have a link ?

Dubs on Hogan stand page, meath on the Hogan stand Meath page and Donegal on Donegal daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 theMountain

Lads at the game in Tralee last night between KOR & EK were telling me that Donie Buckley had left the Kerry setup. Anyone else hear this ?

Just out of the hat

Kerry v Cork Munster SF in 2020.

I wonder will Cork have improved any bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

Just out of the hat

That will be played in Cork ?

Lads at the game in Tralee last night between KOR & EK were telling me that Donie Buckley had left the Kerry setup. Anyone else hear this ?

Haven’t heard anything about this. Hopefully just a rumour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

thegaelicgame.wordpress.com/2019/10/10/kerry-decline-2020-munster-mhc-invitation/

Bad call imo. I'm saying it with years the level will never improve aslong as people are happy to stay in the B grades. They're saying it's a year or two too early but it might be too late at that stage. More schools than ever are now playing in Munster collages etc so now is the time. While i know Kerry aren't going to be winning Munster titles but it's still surely better to at least try and make the step up

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭wackokid

Question for you lads and lassies.
    Watching East Kerry demolish Dingle on TV and very impressed with No 14 Dara Roche from Glenflesk.
    Can't remember seeing him on a Kerry minor team but did see him play U21 two years in a row 2015 and 2016.
    Anybody know why he wasn't on the minor team v Cork in 2013? at least not the drawn game.
    Looks like a serious talent now at 24/25 years old. The older Clifford chap is no slouch either.

Not sure how accurate these fixtures are....

https://twitter.com/livescorekerry/status/1186727019633090560?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 103 ✭✭JoshRosen

only 1 name being mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

JoshRosen wrote: »
    only 1 name being mentioned

There’s no name mentioned in the article...

Forge83 wrote: »

Presumably he is referring to the local rumour mill. Haven’t heard anything about it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

MOD

It goes without saying that there's to be no speculating on the identity of the player here or anywhere else on Boards - Ta

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 103 ✭✭JoshRosen

Forge83 wrote: »

Apologies never seen the mod post before I posted this

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭conor05

Causeway went down by 5pts to Waterford Intermediate champs today in Munster.

I think the 8 Senior Kerry hurling clubs are going to have to seriously look at asking can they play in the Limerick Division 3 & 4 All County leagues.

Scrap the North Kerry hurling league they have it’s a waste of time.

The clubs in Kerry are not going improve by playing each other at the same standard 3 or 4 times a year.

This new format would mean you would have the Limerick league, kerry league and Kerry SHC.

If Kerry hurling wants to aspire to what St Mullins done today against Cuala today they need to copy the template they follow.

Kilkenny let all the Carlow clubs into their junior leagues about 10 years ago and that improved them to a huge standard. It basically changed their hurling profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,552 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

conor05 wrote: »
    Causeway went down by 5pts to Waterford Intermediate champs today in Munster.

I think the 8 Senior Kerry hurling clubs are going to have to seriously look at asking can they play in the Limerick Division 3 & 4 All County leagues.

Scrap the North Kerry hurling league they have it’s a waste of time.

The clubs in Kerry are not going improve by playing each other at the same standard 3 or 4 times a year.

This new format would mean you would have the Limerick league, kerry league and Kerry SHC.

If Kerry hurling wants to aspire to what St Mullins done today against Cuala today they need to copy the template they follow.

Kilkenny let all the Carlow clubs into their junior leagues about 10 years ago and that improved them to a huge standard. It basically changed their hurling profile.

Travelling distance would be a huge issue. While D4 is mainly west limerick clubs D3+5 is east Limerick and city clubs mainly.This would entail 2 hour journeys =/- 30 minutes for league games, Highly unlikly I say. Cannot see Limerick clubs being interested in it.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭wackokid

Just out of the hat

They only need to improve by 3 points if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

County Final Sunday. Yet another title for the Crokes or can East Kerry pull it off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Hon East Kerry!

Advertisement