Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

New blue away one on the way so gold one won't be on sale long more either

Where did you hear that?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,526 ✭✭✭✭siblers

mystic86 wrote: »
    :confused:

There are lots of words I would use to describe it but dark isn't one of them

Its a lot darker than last year's jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

mystic86 wrote: »
    Where did you hear that?

Player on one of kerry panels

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

dobman88 wrote: »
    Yeah I had a look online for the back to gold one and found nothing. Wonder would it be worth a trip to the O Neills store on Long Mile Road if I find myself out that direction, see would they have any left in stock.

€25 for the old Jersey and Goalkeepers Jersey. A few player fit jerseys left the other day as well but only in smaller sizes.

£20 in Derry, Newry, Strabane etc.

I feel like getting another of last year's jersey just in case something happens to my current one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭dobman88

DDC1990 wrote: »
    €25 for the old Jersey and Goalkeepers Jersey. A few player fit jerseys left the other day as well but only in smaller sizes.

£20 in Derry, Newry, Strabane etc.

I feel like getting another of last year's jersey just in case something happens to my current one.

Any link to that? Would happily buy another of last years Jersey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭wonga77

New blue away one on the way so gold one won't be on sale long more either

Saw a pic of it today, its nice enough, has a slight green streak through it. I never liked the gold one

Any link to that? Would happily buy another of last years Jersey

It's in-store unfortunately. Nothing online. Was in the Factory Store on the Long Mile Road last week. In the O'Neills shop in Newry 3 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Really not a fan of the new jersey to be honest and wont be buying it.

Last season's was a cracker

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Didnt see the need to change the jersey, but something has to pay for Currans I suppose, maybe the money will help sort the pitches out there for the other Kerry teams using it

It's in-store unfortunately. Nothing online. Was in the Factory Store on the Long Mile Road last week. In the O'Neills shop in Newry 3 weeks ago.

That's grand. Could find myself around Dublin on Saturday so if I'm near the long mile I will pop in, thanks for the heads up.

• Advertisement

Anyone see the story in the Examiner today and Peter Twiss comments about selection for the county team being unbalanced. Found it quite bizarre myself. Surely you just pick the best players regardless of where they are from

Anyone see the story in the Examiner today and Peter Twiss comments about selection for the county team being unbalanced. Found it quite bizarre myself. Surely you just pick the best players regardless of where they are from

What ridiculous comments from him

At the moment all the talent is in East Kerry and the Kenmare District that is just the way it is

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/gaa/concentration-of-players-from-east-kerry-a-concern-for-inter-county-team-says-kerry-gaa-secretary-968332.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

At the moment all the talent is in East Kerry and the Kenmare District that is just the way it is

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/gaa/concentration-of-players-from-east-kerry-a-concern-for-inter-county-team-says-kerry-gaa-secretary-968332.html

Calm down lads - I'd say Peter is concerned about improving the standards in other areas.

North Kerry is a bit of a disaster in terms of producing players for Kerry, the last while - if I was running things I'd definitely be looking at investigating the standard of coaching lads are getting in clubs and schools because I think that's a very large part of what has driven things in East Kerry - to my mind there's been a hell of a lot of very good coaches involved for a good while now between the clubs and the schools and the divisional boards.

I don't really have any idea what things are like on the ground in North Kerry in terms of coaching but when you look at where the North Kerry clubs are in terms of county championship and county league there surely has to be room for improvement.

Have you met Peter Twiss? Stupid comments wouldnt be out of character

Have you met Peter Twiss? Stupid comments wouldnt be out of character

I have met him, ask anyone who tries to promote hurling in the county at club level what he is like to deal with

I noticed he mentioned dual players, there is lads now in the development squads who are being forced to make a choice about what sport they have to play its either football or hurling and this is at u16 level

I have met him, ask anyone who tries to promote hurling in the county at club level what he is like to deal with

I noticed he mentioned dual players, there is lads now in the development squads who are being forced to make a choice about what sport they have to play its either football or hurling and this is at u16 level

If i was to tell you my true opinion of him, which is similar to a lot of people that I know, then I'd be banned from Boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Another comprehensive win for Na Gaeil to seal the Munster title - surely warm favourites for the All-Ireland?

https://twitter.com/nagaeilgaa/status/1203650494306148353

Another comprehensive win for Na Gaeil to seal the Munster title - surely warm favourites for the All-Ireland?

Fingers crossed. Kilmaine in the next round will be a big challenge considering their results in Connacht.

Anyone know what the story is with the Final? It's fixed for the same day as Kerry V Dublin in Croke Park. It would be an awful shame for the match to be moved from Croke Park.

The Club Finals could be moved to Sunday or could be a curtain raiser for the Kerry V Dublin game on the Saturday (unlikely).

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭davegilly

Anyone know what the story is with the Final? It's fixed for the same day as Kerry V Dublin in Croke Park. It would be an awful shame for the match to be moved from Croke Park.

The Club Finals could be moved to Sunday or could be a curtain raiser for the Kerry V Dublin game on the Saturday (unlikely).
    I would imagine it will be the curtain raiser with the junior final before it.

davegilly wrote: »
    I would imagine it will be the curtain raiser with the junior final before it.

Yes - a triple-header of junior, intermediate and Kerry v Dublin, AFAIK.

• Advertisement

Looks like Deividas Uosis will be offered an AFL trial - Kerryman reports he performed well in a training camp in UCD at the weekend.

https://www.balls.ie/gaa/deividas-uosis-kerry-afl-421942

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

A boost for Valentia,Tousist & other in playing numbers difficulty where the county will now allow "Permission to Play" for players from outside their catchment area on a case by case basis

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Looks like Deividas Uosis will be offered an AFL trial - Kerryman reports he performed well in a training camp in UCD at the weekend.

https://www.balls.ie/gaa/deividas-uosis-kerry-afl-421942

Would not have picked him out as a potential AFL player. Fair play to him but he has a bit to do yet to get an offer. I know Paul O’Shea went to the combine last year and impressed but have heard nothing since. Are there any other Kerry lads on the radar at the moment does anybody know?

What a loss Mark O’Connor has turned out to be, have mostly only seen highlights but he is a star in the making for Geelong by all accounts. He will come home a wealthy man by the looks of it.

Would not have picked him out as a potential AFL player. Fair play to him but he has a bit to do yet to get an offer. I know Paul O’Shea went to the combine last year and impressed but have heard nothing since. Are there any other Kerry lads on the radar at the moment does anybody know?

What a loss Mark O’Connor has turned out to be, have mostly only seen highlights but he is a star in the making for Geelong by all accounts. He will come home a wealthy man by the looks of it.

Similarly, Stefan Okunbor seems to be well-regarded by the Geelong fans, and he could well get some senior team appearances in 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭conor05

cms88 wrote: »

Hopefully the start of taking Kerry hurling to next level.

Great to see it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Is the Kerry v Cork game today or tomorrow?

Is the Kerry v Cork game today or tomorrow?

Tomorrow

Tomorrow's team announced - surprised Eoghan O'Brien isn't in the squad, unless this means he'll be called up for the League?

https://twitter.com/Kerry_Official/status/1210922779580751872

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Tomorrow's team announced - surprised Eoghan O'Brien isn't in the squad, unless this means he'll be called up for the League?

https://twitter.com/Kerry_Official/status/1210922779580751872

Don't know a huge amount about most of them players but I reckon Donal O'Sullivan is a quality footballer in the making, I imagine he will stray outside the 45 though

Advertisement