Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭conor05

Don't know a huge amount about most of them players but I reckon Donal O'Sullivan is a quality footballer in the making, I imagine he will stray outside the 45 though

He’s a brilliant hurler too, as is Barry Mahony, the Kerry hurling manager wanted both of them in the hurling panel for 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

You do wonder what good games like today's do for the confidence of young players - yes, the U-20 championship is early this year, but you'd imagine the pick of the crop would get runouts in the League anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

You do wonder what good games like today's do for the confidence of young players - yes, the U-20 championship is early this year, but you'd imagine the pick of the crop would get runouts in the League anyway?

I don't think any of them can play league until the U-20 championship is over.
    Not 100% sure, but I read that there was a plan to change the rule from last year where they couldn't play senior championship until Kerry's involvement with the U-20 championship was completed to not being allowed play league until your county was finished up with the U20 championship.

Anyway there was very few involved today who made any sort of case to be involved with Kerry during the league - the only one you could maybe make a case for is O'Sullivan. Some of them you would be thinking maybe come back in 2/3 years depending on if they develop but for a lot of them it wouldn't be too surprising if they never got to pull on the green-and-gold again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

How did Paul Walsh play?

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

mystic86 wrote: »
    How did Paul Walsh play?

Worked hard in both attack and defence from corner forward.Was one of the better players yesterday. Definitely a player for the future.
    Physically a couple of years away from being a contender for the senior team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭dobman88

wackokid wrote: »
    6 goals and 19 points. This must be some kind of a record?
    Did Kerry have a few lads red carded early?

Great scoring by cork against a strong Kerry team. Unfortunately there was no red cards early, cork are just that much better than Kerry. We will have a lot of work to do to try and win Munster this year. Cork should win it handy, I'd say by about 10 points if Kerry are even lucky enough to get to the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

dobman88 wrote: »
    Great scoring by cork against a strong Kerry team. Unfortunately there was no red cards early, cork are just that much better than Kerry. We will have a lot of work to do to try and win Munster this year. Cork should win it handy, I'd say by about 10 points if Kerry are even lucky enough to get to the final.

That wont happen anyway. Cos Kerry play Cork in the semi final:D

BPKS wrote: »
    That wont happen anyway. Cos Kerry play Cork in the semi final:D

Should be a handy one for cork so. Win the semi by 10 points and cruise the final. Cant see Kerry making up such a huge difference in such a short space of time. Cork the up and coming team will dominate this decade in Munster and be Dublin closest challengers.

Unsurprisingly, rathmore have parted company with Liam Hassett and local man Derek Moynihan takes over.

In what is a surprise to me, John Evan's has taken over Glenbeigh-Glencar, not sure if he has a connection to the area but that's quite the coup for a small rural club imo. He will bring a world of experience to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hanamandiol

Should be a handy one for cork so. Win the semi by 10 points and cruise the final. Cant see Kerry making up such a huge difference in such a short space of time. Cork the up and coming team will dominate this decade in Munster and be Dublin closest challengers.

Are you on the "happy baccy" Dobman

• Advertisement

Are you on the "happy baccy" Dobman

Not at all. Never tried it. Just being realistic. We cant ignore that cork win over a strong Kerry side. Cork have been improving for years now and it's starting to pay dividends

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭big_drive

Cork are after a brutal decade football wise but still end it with same number of all Ireland’s as Kerry and two league titles more which is a crazy stat. Shows the dominant era of the Dubs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Anyone know when the Dublin & Mayo tickets will be on sale? Thought they all went on sale before Xmas last year, could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

big_drive wrote: »
    Cork are after a brutal decade football wise but still end it with same number of all Ireland’s as Kerry and two league titles more which is a crazy stat. Shows the dominant era of the Dubs

Cork won 3 league titles in the last decade???
    Christ that slipped past me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

Unsurprisingly, rathmore have parted company with Liam Hassett and local man Derek Moynihan takes over.

In what is a surprise to me, John Evan's has taken over Glenbeigh-Glencar, not sure if he has a connection to the area but that's quite the coup for a small rural club imo. He will bring a world of experience to them.

He's connection is more likely €€€€

Saw this on Facebook, Spillane really has some record in fairness, I know many people of a certain age only know him from punditry and are not a fan of him, but you can't but admire the man's records. And Sheehy. Well, all of them really.

Cd6TrNp.jpg

Further on the club managerial merry-go-round, William Harmon takes over at Rahillys, while William Kirby is the new Churchill manager. Disappointing to see Templenoe edged out by Oughterard, but Na Gaeil advance after an epic tussle with Kilmaine - at least both games put the regrading debate to bed, until next year at any rate!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Saw this on Facebook, Spillane really has some record in fairness, I know many people of a certain age only know him from punditry and are not a fan of him, but you can't but admire the man's records. And Sheehy. Well, all of them really.

Cd6TrNp.jpg

So lucky to have seen those lads play. Spillane overcoming an ACL back when that could finish a fella off shows some guts too.

So lucky to have seen those lads play. Spillane overcoming an ACL back when that could finish a fella off shows some guts too.

Indeed, missed '83 but went on to win 3 more AI medals after his return.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,552 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Cd6TrNp.jpg

Look at his scoreing record and he was not a free taker and operated as a wing forward

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭franglan

Anyone hear much from recent challenge games played?

Virtually a Championship team being fielded tomorrow:

https://twitter.com/Kerry_Official/status/1220798899159433217

That's about as strong as you're going to see. Really looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Strongest Kerry line up I ever recall for the 1st round of NFL.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Strongest Kerry line up I ever recall for the 1st round of NFL.

Was thinking the same thing. Who knows how much training they have done at this stage but they have certainly named a strong lineup. 4-5 players away from the championship team probably.

Was thinking the same thing. Who knows how much training they have done at this stage but they have certainly named a strong lineup. 4-5 players away from the championship team probably.

And three of those are enforced absentees (Moran injured, Na Gaeil's final tomorrow).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭wonga77

Why dont they name the subs bench, like what is the theory behind it at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Na Gaeil 1-8 to 1-4 ahead. Scandalous penalty to RC just before half time. Typical referee trying to even things up.

Lots of bad wides from Na Gaeil. Hoping for a strong finish.

Advertisement