Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

If Jorge is as strong as predicted along the West coast, hard to see the game in Castlebar going ahead:

https://twitter.com/MayoGAA/status/1233473358261608448

Thankfully, Ryan's back between the sticks:

https://twitter.com/Kerry_Official/status/1233480580756623360

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭mitchelsontour

If Jorge is as strong as predicted along the West coast, hard to see the game in Castlebar going ahead:

Making the decision tomorrow is just disgraceful and shows no respect for players or fans given the distance to Castlebar

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭dobman88

We've decided to travel tomorrow regardless and go on the beer in Castlebar if the game is off. Been ages since I've seen my brother and hes moving to Liverpool for work next weekend and we have the hotel paid for already so feck it. If the game was refixed for Sunday would be a nice bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭kerryjack

It's one of my favourite away venues great banter and very welcoming people and they love there football, handy spin now with the new motorway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Same As

dobman88 wrote: »
    We've decided to travel tomorrow regardless and go on the beer in Castlebar if the game is off. Been ages since I've seen my brother and hes moving to Liverpool for work next weekend and we have the hotel paid for already so feck it. If the game was refixed for Sunday would be a nice bonus.

Thought the same, but not sure watching us in our current form would be good for a hangover.

Same As wrote: »
    Thought the same, but not sure watching us in our current form would be good for a hangover.

Would certainly beat making a 2nd trip next weekend along with the expense of it

You'd think Mayo would have made an announcement by now - unless they're waiting until 10?

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

They're having the Tae first

Rescheduled for tomorrow at 1pm

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Good call me think

Just arrived in Castlebar. The wild wild west indeed. Lots of strong wind and heavy rain so no way a game could have been played. Safe journey to anyone travelling, hopefully the pitch holds up for tomorrow :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭wonga77

Is there any game on tv instead?

wonga77 wrote: »
    Is there any game on tv instead?

Dublin & Tyrone is now on RTE at 7pm

And somewhat farcical that that's gone ahead, either!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Is the game live on TV tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

mystic86 wrote: »

No

mystic86 wrote: »

Nope. Might not even go ahead tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Good result even if the performance wasn't great in the 2nd half. Killer mistakes to let Mayo back into it.

We should have been out the gate early in the first half but the missed penalty halted our momentum.

Crazy turnover from Shane Ryan cost us a goal however his kickouts were generally brilliant.

Vital scores when Mayo got very close from Clifford, Geaney and O'Connor.

All that matters is the 2 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Our ability to control a game when ahead is absolutely shocking.

Already this year we’ve blown leads against Dublin, Tyrone and almost again today.

Whenever we are ahead by 4/5 I never fancy us to kick in and win comfortably- it’s more counting down until the ref blows it up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

So if we are to make the final it looks like we need to draw or win away to Monaghan and beat Donegal at home.

If we only draw to Monaghan we need Galway to beat Dublin in Salthill on the final weekend of the group stage, and we need Tyrone to drop a point in either of their two remaining games against Donegal and Mayo (Tyrone are away in both games) to make it a final against Galway.

If Dublin beat Galway then we will need to win against Monaghan or it will be a Dublin v Galway final (based on the +/- score difference, most likely). If it pans out this way then the final could be against either Dublin or Galway, probably Dublin.

Have I missed anything?

Very complacent second half and did well to hang for the win. Kickouts were like we were defending a 1 point lead throughout the second half :o

Thought Shane Enright & Gavin White both played well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,552 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Same As wrote: »
    Very complacent second half and did well to hang for the win. Kickouts were like we were defending a 1 point lead throughout the second half :o

Thought Shane Enright & Gavin White both played well.

Cannot agree about Shane Enright,.while good in the tackle he got turned over a good few times and twice late in the game. He never looks comfortable on the ball and his handpassing was poor in that the receiver has to check his run to collect the ball or fails to get it at chest height

Kick outs were better in the first half and we got bodies around the receiver so if it was broken we won the dirty ball. But we failed to continue it on the second half. Defence excellent in the first half but in second and with the wind we sat back invited Mayo onto us. As well our inside forwards were coming too far back.

And then the goal. I am not sure how you manage to concede like that. I am not sure who you blame Shane Ryan or who ever coaches him. Coming out that far to provide an extra man for a free kick that far out is stupid and should not need to happen. It gave Mayo oxygen that they should not have got. Having said that we grinded it out.

Slava Ukrainii

Cannot agree about Shane Enright,.while good in the tackle he got turned over a good few times and twice late in the game. He never looks comfortable on the ball and his handpassing was poor in that the receiver has to check his run to collect the ball or fails to get it at chest height

I am possibly judging him against a lower base, as I don't particularly rate him but I found myself praising him more than cursing him both today and last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

Kick outs were better in the first half and we got bodies around the receiver so if it was broken we won the dirty ball. But we failed to continue it on the second half. Defence excellent in the first half but in second and with the wind we sat back invited Mayo onto us. As well our inside forwards were coming too far back.

And then the goal. I am not sure how you manage to concede like that. I am not sure who you blame Shane Ryan or who ever coaches him. Coming out that far to provide an extra man for a free kick that far out is stupid and should not need to happen. It gave Mayo oxygen that they should not have got. Having said that we grinded it out.

Lads Shane Enright doesn’t cut it anymore at this level. At best he is a guy who should be used in the last ten mins when the pace is gone out of the game. Forwards are licking their lips when they see him in front of them. Attacking teams like Galway and Dublin will tare him apart come championship so a complete waste of time using him in the league.
    A great Kerry defender in his prime but sentiment won’t win All Ireland’s.

Any news on Jack Sherwood? Had a great champs for East Kerry following s decent year for Kerry.
    Also will we say Paudie Clifford before end of league?

Forge83 wrote: »
    Any news on Jack Sherwood? Had a great champs for East Kerry following s decent year for Kerry.

+1 here, haven't heard anything about him since Club Championship.
    Forge83 wrote: »
    Also will we say Paudie Clifford before end of league?

Paudie Clifford played club the weekend just gone by anyway, so he has recovered from the injury he picked up before Christmas. Would like to see him get some bit of game time if at all possible in the next 2/3 games. Was good to see Tony Brosnan getting 70 minutes on Sunday. Hearing Kevin McCarthy is back in also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Our ability to control a game when ahead is absolutely shocking.

This ^

We have a number of problems but goalkeeper and playing smart when ahead late on are the biggest issues we have at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Great win for the u20's tonight, Dethroning Cork.

Super second half, all over the field and great scores.

Smart substitutions when leading kept the team fresh and pushed on well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

Great second half win by the u20s.
    Top class performance from Ruadhri O Beaglaoich. A pacey forward who can take guys on and score.
    Darragh Lyne and Sean O Brien two massive driving forces in the second half. Very impressed with Lynes pace for a midfielder and he has a bit of bite about him too.
    Really strong bench also.
    Paul O Shea and Walsh quiet by their standards so more to come from them in the semi all going well.

Advertisement