Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billing cycle, reduced data allowance.

Options
  • 20-09-2017 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

I bought an eir mobile dongle on 15th of september as I was heading to a house in donegal with no internet on the 16th for two weeks and I have a college assignment starting on 25th september.
    I opted for the 25gb a month package, hoping this would be enough, the guy in the store said that I could get add ons if I needed.

So, I arrive in donegal, data is flying out, so I decide I better register and figure out how to do an addon, 2 days of proper use and 5 gigs used.
    So I register with my account and see it is worse than i had expected I have inclusive data of 25gb, I have used 5.342gb of 13.333GB.
    I contact your web chat, they tell me that this is because my billing period is 01/10/2017-31/10/2017 so i have been given 13.33gb from 15-09-2017 to 31-09-2017 and it will reset to 25gb.
    Well, how come no one in store told me this.
    I need 25gb today
    not on the first of october.
    I literally only need this for two weeks, I entered the 6 month contract because it didn't seem to make much of a difference monetarily, if I had known that I would have to wait until october for a full data allowance I would never have signed up!
    I then tried to just use an add on for now, the agent offered me 1gb for eur5 3gb for eur10 15gb for eur15 20 gb for eur 20, I asked about the passes as at this rate i think only the 50gb for 30 euro pass http://support.eir.ie/article/why-should-buy-pass would do, I was told that he was not aware of these, and if I wanted to change my package I should call your sales team on 1800503303.
    I think it is seriously poor form that I was not advised that I would be only getting my data on a pro rata basis, I don't care what day of the month it is, I want my 25gb data allowance.
    I need this rectified asap, I would appreciate it if you could arrange to have a manager ring me.
    I know not to post my account details here so PM me whatever link you need (soon, as I will probably have run out of data by the morning!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

Eh, hello?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

eldamo wrote: »
    I bought an eir mobile dongle on 15th of september as I was heading to a house in donegal with no internet on the 16th for two weeks and I have a college assignment starting on 25th september.
    I opted for the 25gb a month package, hoping this would be enough, the guy in the store said that I could get add ons if I needed.

So, I arrive in donegal, data is flying out, so I decide I better register and figure out how to do an addon, 2 days of proper use and 5 gigs used.
    So I register with my account and see it is worse than i had expected I have inclusive data of 25gb, I have used 5.342gb of 13.333GB.
    I contact your web chat, they tell me that this is because my billing period is 01/10/2017-31/10/2017 so i have been given 13.33gb from 15-09-2017 to 31-09-2017 and it will reset to 25gb.
    Well, how come no one in store told me this.
    I need 25gb today
    not on the first of october.
    I literally only need this for two weeks, I entered the 6 month contract because it didn't seem to make much of a difference monetarily, if I had known that I would have to wait until october for a full data allowance I would never have signed up!
    I then tried to just use an add on for now, the agent offered me 1gb for eur5 3gb for eur10 15gb for eur15 20 gb for eur 20, I asked about the passes as at this rate i think only the 50gb for 30 euro pass http://support.eir.ie/article/why-should-buy-pass would do, I was told that he was not aware of these, and if I wanted to change my package I should call your sales team on 1800503303.
    I think it is seriously poor form that I was not advised that I would be only getting my data on a pro rata basis, I don't care what day of the month it is, I want my 25gb data allowance.
    I need this rectified asap, I would appreciate it if you could arrange to have a manager ring me.
    I know not to post my account details here so PM me whatever link you need (soon, as I will probably have run out of data by the morning!)
    Hi eldamo,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm afraid if your account went active in the middle of your billing period we wouldn't be able to get you the full allowance for a month. You will receive a pro-rata amount based on how long it is until your first bill is issued. If you get an add-on you won't receive the full months' allowance either, you will receive a pro-rata amount for this too.

Unfortunately, I can't arrange a call back from here. You would need to give us a ring if you would like to speak to a manager about this, however, a manager won't be able to get you your full monthly allowance for this. I do apologise that you weren't advised of this in the store and I will pass your feedback on to the relevant department to ensure that agents are advising customers of this going forward.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi eldamo,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm afraid if your account went active in the middle of your billing period we wouldn't be able to get you the full allowance for a month. You will receive a pro-rata amount based on how long it is until your first bill is issued. If you get an add-on you won't receive the full months' allowance either, you will receive a pro-rata amount for this too.

Unfortunately, I can't arrange a call back from here. You would need to give us a ring if you would like to speak to a manager about this, however, a manager won't be able to get you your full monthly allowance for this. I do apologise that you weren't advised of this in the store and I will pass your feedback on to the relevant department to ensure that agents are advising customers of this going forward.

- Adam

This is a ridiculous policy, I really wish the sales representative would have made me aware of this.

Any other company could arrange for a bill to go for a month from the date it started.

It took me over two hours to get any useful information on your helpline.

Shambles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

eldamo wrote: »
    eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi eldamo,

- Adam

This is a ridiculous policy, I really wish the sales representative would have made me aware of this.

Any other company could arrange for a bill to go for a month from the date it started.

It took me over two hours to get any useful information on your helpline.

Shambles.
    I am sorry for any inconvenience caused by this and I have passed your feedback on for you.

- Adam

Advertisement