Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I entitled to any government payment?

• 20-09-2017 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I am 20 years old and I have done 3 years of college where I received a full grant. However, I failed 4 modules from my 3rd year. I have decided to go back to college and repeat 3 modules and just do the repeat exam for the 4th failed module.

While in college I will be seeking employment as I will only be in college for 3 hours per week and I need a way to pay my rent. However I have been seeking employment in the area of the college for the past month and have not had any luck so I'm getting a bit worried about how I am going to afford everything. I have researched back to education allowance, rent allowance, housing assist and job seekers allowance and it seems as though I am not going to be entitles to any of these payments to help me out but I'm not 100% sure.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18 Shedy

Hi Kalvin,

Have you considered repeating all 4 subjects externally as you are doing with the last one. There is nothing stopping you from attending lectures after and resubmitting your CA. There will be a considerable saving.

I would contact your students union and careers/welfare office. They will be well versed in situations like this and will offer you good advice and options.

See your careers office about putting together a good cv so you can get part time work. the students union may have some idea about work as employers are regularly in contact here anyway.

Best of luck

Advertisement