Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student broadband in 2017/18: who's offering it??

Options
  • 20-09-2017 9:20pm

Just wonder which of the phone companies will be offering discounted broadband to students this year? Meteor had a 3 year conteact from 2014, which has now expired, plus Meteor no longer exists (Eir has discontinued the Meteor brandname). Does anybody know who has the new contract?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I just emailed heanet about it - perhaps if you do the same it might help show there is a demand for a new provider etc. Will post back if there is any news.

I just emailed heanet about it - perhaps if you do the same it might help show there is a demand for a new provider etc. Will post back if there is any news.

Did similar, but got no reply. However this is now up on Heanet's website. Eir appear to have taken this over.

https://www.heanet.ie/brokerage/student-mobile-broadband
    Meteor has changed and is now Eir mobile. Our offer continues to be available with Eir stores. Ask for the HEAnet mobile broadband offer in any Eir store.

25gb allowance for €10pm
    50gb for €20.

Same as when branded under Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Thanks - i got no reply either, and just saw that myself. However eir seemed pretty sure it had been stopped - might follow up with them again.

Advertisement