Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor student broadband offer: does Eir still have this contract with Heanet?

Options
  • 20-09-2017 9:31pm

As you may be aware, Meteor agreed a deal with Heanet to supply discounted broadband to 3rd level students for 3 years from 2014. As this period is now up, I'm just wondering whats happened to it. Did Eir take it over when the Meteor brand disappeared or did did it go to another phone company?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

As you may be aware, Meteor agreed a deal with Heanet to supply discounted broadband to 3rd level students for 3 years from 2014. As this period is now up, I'm just wondering whats happened to it. Did Eir take it over when the Meteor brand disappeared or did did it go to another phone company?
    Hi 17-pdr

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm afraid that this offer is no longer available to our customers. However, if you are already receiving this offer you will continue to receive it. You wouldn't be able to order it as a new customer.

- Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi 17-pdr

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm afraid that this offer is no longer available to our customers. However, if you are already receiving this offer you will continue to receive it. You wouldn't be able to order it as a new customer.

- Adam
    Hi, i just looked at the HEAnet page and it appears Eir have taken this over.  Can you confirm? Thanks.

https://www.heanet.ie/brokerage/student-mobile-broadband

"Meteor has changed and is now Eir mobile. Our offer continues to be available with Eir stores. Ask for the HEAnet mobile broadband offer in any Eir store."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi 17-pdr

- Adam
    Hi, i just looked at the HEAnet page and it appears Eir have taken this over.  Can you confirm? Thanks.

https://www.heanet.ie/brokerage/student-mobile-broadband

"Meteor has changed and is now Eir mobile. Our offer continues to be available with Eir stores. Ask for the HEAnet mobile broadband offer in any Eir store."
    This offer seems to be only available in stores, it has been removed from ourselves online or over the phone for new customers, unfortunately. 

The best advice I can offer is to contact your local store and query it with them directly.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement