Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WatchOS4 has killed my watch!

Options
  • 20-09-2017 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭

Upgraded to IOS11 and WatchOS4 last night and am really regretting upgrading the watch as the battery of my series 1 is now useless! All seemed fine, used the fitness app as usual then was stunned when around 3:30pm it told me I had 10% battery left! Googling around I found loads of complaints on the beta release but nothing on the general release. I've turned background app refresh off but doesn't seem to have solved the problem after the mid afternoon recharge. Anyone else upgraded and managed to make your battery last a day??

I don't have an option under workout to turn off the gym equipment thing...

A watch that doesn't last a day is no use at all...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

Mine is still going strong. Wearing it from 6.30am & still have 12% left. I get a lot of alerts/screen on too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Wearing mine since about 7am, still has 57% left. Got plenty of notifications, used Siri on it a few times, and it was giving navigation notifications for about 30mins on the commute. Haven’t used it for any workouts since the update, but based on previous experience and the type of usage today, I’d say watch OS 4 is behaving around the same as 3.2.3......I probably *could* squeeze 2 days out of a full charge. Done it in the past, but I usually give it a boost every night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I'll try re pairing it to see if that makes any difference tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

I updated mine (series 1 42mm) last night so it came off the charger at 100% around 1:30am. I slept with it, messed around with the new faces and settings all day, and did a 55 minute "other" gym class and it's at 39% now. I've had battery problems before after OS updates but a reboot of the watch has always fixed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I updated mine (series 1 42mm) last night so it came off the charger at 100% around 1:30am. I slept with it, messed around with the new faces and settings all day, and did a 55 minute "other" gym class and it's at 39% now. I've had battery problems before after OS updates but a reboot of the watch has always fixed it.

Yes try a reboot or an unpair/new pair and it should sort it. IOS4 has had no discernible effect on my Series 1. Some months back however it did take it upon itself to drain like crazy for two days. After I unpaired and started again, it was back to normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Thanks all - I unpaired/paired it and restored from a backup, then did another reboot before leaving it charging last night. So far it's looking promising as after 2 hours wearing and controlling music in the car etc, it's still saying 100% :)

Advertisement