Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hager trip switch

Options
  • 20-09-2017 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭

I hope that I'm describing this to make sense. A friends light circuit blew. All lights on the circuit are off and when I go to reset the hager trip switch it wont engage in the on position. Am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

wait4me wrote:
    I hope that I'm describing this to make sense. A friends light circuit blew. All lights on the circuit are off and when I go to reset the hager trip switch it wont engage in the on position. Am I doing something wrong?

No it's a Hager it's in that position to let you know it blew for a reason

Try pulling the switch all the way down
    Then push it all the way up.

Don't just try to push it up

If it flicks down again you have an issue and should call an electrician

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

Thanks I know it blew for a reason - all the possible reasons are off - and I want to find the reason that did it. I never tried to push it down and then push it up again. Thanks - and yes I will get him to call a sparks if I cannot isolate the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

Got it sorted - thanks for the down/up tip. Turned-on everything linked to the fuse, one-by-one and nothing triggered again. Its not that everything together are overloading it. Its a small lighting circuit - odd. Will just have to monitor it for any recurrence..

Advertisement