Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Application Proccess

Options
  • 20-09-2017 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Starting the mortgage application proccess soon! I'm curious, where some mortgage providers more efficient than others? if so, who?

Any tips and tricks for a couple of young first time buyers would be much appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

There a whole megathread on saving and applying for a mortgage 2015 16 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Starting the mortgage application proccess soon! I'm curious, where some mortgage providers more efficient than others? if so, who?

Any tips and tricks for a couple of young first time buyers would be much appreciated! :)

Steps here (BOI, but fairly much the same across all banks), i'd go with KBC at the moment, if only because they're offering great rates.

https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/borrow/mortgages/articles/how-the-mortgage-process-works/

Tip for you: Cancel any and all subscriptions to have to anything gambling. Mortgage lenders hate that.

There will be a lot of back and forth between lawyers with relatively little input from you, so ask around and find a lawyer who is on the ball and has a reputation for quick work.
    If you have a lawyer that takes a week to do anything, your time to complete will balloon!
    For the same reason, get all your paperwork ducks in a row, https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/borrow/mortgages/articles/mortgage-documentation-checklist/

Wesser wrote: »
    There a whole megathread on saving and applying for a mortgage 2015 16 17.

And an extra thread doesn't hurt anyone..... Not practical to read a threadnaught.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Lowest rate I am aware i
    Of at the moment is Ulster bank at 2.6%.

When you call the bank they will.talk you through what steps are needed.

You need to have proof of ( rent plus savings per month) is greater than mortgage repayments.... and some left over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Went through this lately with AIB, herself is self employed so it was a pain but if you have PAYE income it should be more straightforward.

AIB have a formula for income of €2k per couple after mortgage and childcare and €250 per child p.m. thereafter I think. If you are above that will relatively steady employment and reasonable spending habits you should be fine. We went through our local branch and I found the mortgage adviser there very good.

Advertisement