Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proposed/Recently Refused Infill Developments in Dalkey

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

TheW1zard wrote: »
    I don't think its over played. The whole discussion around Dalkey going one way or having a pedestrian zone while not practical (or wanted by the residents) is needed in the long term. Dalkey is a nightmare to drive through!
    Making it one way or no traffic at all might not help but if more developments are built it will only get worse I think.
    You're spared a lot of that as your road is a good link to N11/Dunlaoghaire etc.

The bottom of Sorrento / Vico and Coliemore Rd come impassable on a sunny day, the comment of 18th infrastructure is very true there.

Maybe Dalkey should only be for locals :p:pac:

Except for members of the lower orders employed as domestics and gardeners. Maybe allow in some immigrant labour to give it an international feel

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I don't think its over played. The whole discussion around Dalkey going one way or having a pedestrian zone while not practical (or wanted by the residents) is needed in the long term. Dalkey is a nightmare to drive through!
    Making it one way or no traffic at all might not help but if more developments are built it will only get worse I think.
    You're spared a lot of that as your road is a good link to N11/Dunlaoghaire etc.

The bottom of Sorrento / Vico and Coliemore Rd come impassable on a sunny day, the comment of 18th infrastructure is very true there.

Maybe Dalkey should only be for locals :p:pac:

Who says it’s not wanted by the residents? It’s hot good support on Facebook. The Gardai put in a great traffic management scheme recently and the roads where very free on the bank holiday weekend, they could make it permanent.

Pedestrianised villages works well other places. Deliveries in the morning. Then a ban after 10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

ted1 wrote: »
    Who says it’s not wanted by the residents? It’s hot good support on Facebook. The Gardai put in a great traffic management scheme recently and the roads where very free on the bank holiday weekend, they could make it permanent.

Pedestrianised villages works well other places. Deliveries in the morning. Then a ban after 10

The people who live in Whites Villas,St Patricks Rd, Convent rd, Pats Ave do. Plenty more Im sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,058 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

The people who live in Whites Villas,St Patricks Rd, Convent rd, Pats Ave do. Plenty more Im sure.

they have an objection for everything

the tram yard development is another thing they arent in favour of

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Cyrus wrote: »
    they have an objection for everything

the tram yard development is another thing they arent in favour of

Agreed! Im pro tramyard and pedestrianised area ;)

• Advertisement

Aegir wrote: »
    ABP would be mad to let Charleville go ahead. Harbour Road couldn’t cope with the additional traffic and it would make the road a lot more dangerous for the pupils if the two primary schools within 200 metres.

It seems the ABP inspector agreed with me and recommended that permission be refused.

But they’ve approved it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

Construction of both Charleville and Castlepark developments has begun with the Dalkey Manor site being earmarked for a fast-track development as per this link. It's a pre planning Consultation and not a a Planning Application. Nevertheless, the 103 residential units increases the scale of it by roughly 3 times.

I hate to dig up the infrastructure topic again. However, going by the map here, I noticed that 3 of the railway bridges in Dalkey have been added to the "record of monuments and places" as they weren't mentioned in the document here. Yet, a long term cycle route is proposed either on or adjacent to this section of railway. So, there is a bit of a conflict here. However, if they are going to provide extra space for cyclists, they might as well go all out and cap the railway in some shape or form to carry existing car traffic and potential bus traffic away from the village so that Castle Street can ultimately be pedestrianized or made one-way. This would enable the creation of bus routes operating south beyond the current Squareabout terminus. Anyway, that's just my opinion as the current ivory tower status quo will continue encouraging future generations to drive to and from the place. Before anyone says it, I know there is cycling and the DART. However, I just think we shouldn't be pigeon holing it to only these alternatives. Again, my opinion ;).

Incidentally, new "further" information has emerged on The Tramyard which I am delighted to confirm debunks the numerous rumours which went around about it and The Queens being turned into apartments. It will also inject a much needed functioning heart into the town, especially in order to help the town recover from the damage which COVID-19 restrictions has done to much of the retail units. While many (mainly neighbouring) residents object to the idea of the rooftop bar, I think it is a potential unique selling point. Imagine being able to have a pint and have a 360 degree view of the area. I would visit it for this novelty alone. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fasano

now that the Castlepark Development is starting to loom over the poor people who live alongside it, are you still of the same opinion?

I really feel for the neighbouring properties.

Advertisement