Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheel Build - Tubs for CX

Options
  • 20-09-2017 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭

Disclaimer: If these were road wheels, I'd have more of an idea, but discs, thru-axles and cyclocross have knocked me out of my comfort zone, so I'm trying to soak up the boards knowledge that you (hopefully) will squeeze into this post.

Requirements:
    - Race wheels, so I figure tubs
    - Front is a 15mm thru axle, rear is a 142x10 QR (I think, it's a Trek Crockett 7)
    - Would prefer 38mm carbon or shallower if alloy. Don't really want a deep section as I never get involved in much mud.
    - Just the parts! This is for a build, so not interested in a set of wheels
    - Need: rims, hubs and spokes
    - Approx budget €350-650 for parts (just plucking figures really)

So, who knows where to get the best Chinese rims? Where can I get a Novatec set of hubs in 3 weeks? Sapim spokes? All these questions are keeping me awake at night...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭25sean

try farsport.. or expert cycles if in a rush....

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭25sean

probably 135 on the rear.. have a look...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Just the parts! This is for a build, so not interested in a set of wheels
    Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭scott.s

Your budget is higher than I paid for a build from Expert Cycles last year. Sure you want to self build?

Advertisement