Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bouzouki

• 21-09-2017 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I am thinking of getting a bouzouli and am looking for a decent entry level model not too expensive but reasonable quality.
    I have been looking at the Hora brand made in Romania. Does anyone have any experience of these ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Brilliant instrument, you'll love it! I still regularly play my first bouzouki which is a Richwood. Really good quality for the price. I think it was around €300 or so at the time. Would definitely recommend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Find it a bit weird in a country with lots of trad that you don't see many used bouzoukis or octave mandos / mandolas online. Maybe they're just not as popular as mandolins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭Pablo_

seachto7 wrote: »
    Find it a bit weird in a country with lots of trad that you don't see many used bouzoukis or octave mandos / mandolas online. Maybe they're just not as popular as mandolins.

They are hard to come across alright. Adds to the charm of them I guess. I have heard though that hora brand for 200€ pretty bad... I imagine tuning would be a nightmare

Advertisement