Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My wife refuses to believe we will be broke in 2 months

• 21-09-2017 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

As the above title mentions, "My wife refuses to believe we will be broke in 2 months"

In fact it will be a lot sooner than that. But i have managed to assuage things in certain ways as usual.

She seems to refuse to believe the enormity of what will occur.
    She just goes on about "everything will be OK" and "will sort itself out".

From my perspective, i have asked AIB for a small loan but they refused. I agree that will be too much for themselves.

All of this will be sorted within 4-6months or even less, but they do not want to even listen.

So, i am now forced with:

The forward looking situation - which includes :
    1) Your wife wishes you well
    2) Your wife will turn around and leave you
    3) Your wife will refuse to acknowledge you
    4) Sorry friend, but you are stuffed!

Strangely enough.
    When my funds come through i won't have a thing to worry about for a year or a year and a half.
    My biggest problem is how to stave off the wolves right now!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

1. Not sure what you're talking about.
    2. Not sure what you're looking for.
    3. Pretty sure this forum wasn't the best place to post whatever it is you'retalking about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 152 ✭✭Karangue

PayPal funds pending?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 wanderwhithme

endacl wrote: »
    1. Not sure what you're talking about.
    2. Not sure what you're looking for.
    3. Pretty sure this forum wasn't the best place to post whatever it is you'retalking about.

3) This is after hours, so i am afraid but open to the wealth of opinion.

She has stuck her head in the sand and refuses to deal with realty. How does one approach this.
    I also mentioned the authorities coming soon but it made no difference.
    I mentioned me ending it all (should i??)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

She'll realise when there's no esb. You can tell her "I told ya! Didn't I tell ya?!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Piss on her = problem solved

Disclaimer:very drunk

• Advertisement

She'll realise when there's no esb. You can tell her "I told ya! Didn't I tell ya?!"

Don't think that will make a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

From my perspective, i have asked AIB for a small loan but they refused. I agree that will be too much for themselves.
    They're not loaning money to you, as you can't prove that you'll pay it back. Saying that you'll have the money is worth as much as an "IOU" note signed by a 3 year old child.
    All of this will be sorted within 4-6months or even less, but they do not want to even listen.
    I'm guessing that you're a tradesman. And that you did a large job, but the people who you did the job for won't pay up for another few months.

Sad to say, but they're stringing you along. They don't have the money to pay you. Have heard this happen this before. Tell them to get a loan out now, or you goto court.

Sad to say, but they're stringing you along. They don't have the money to pay you. Have heard this happen this before. Tell them to get a loan out now, or you goto court.

No, there is the money to pay myself out. Everything is signed & sealed.
    It''s a matter of time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

No, there is the money to pay myself out. Everything is signed & sealed. It''s a matter of time

Here we go...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

She has stuck her head in the sand and refuses to deal with realty. How does one approach this.
    Open a separate bank account. Put your money in that. Insist on terminating her credit cards or having a low limit placed on them.

- if you don't split up, and if I read your posts right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

No, there is the money to pay myself out. Everything is signed & sealed.
    It''s a matter of time

If your relationship with your wife is this dysfunctional, maybe it's time to ask yourself if the marriage has run its course.

If you think the marriage is worth saving you need to get your wife to understand the situation somehow. Sit her down and draw up a list of options.

Your local Credit Union might advance you some money for a few weeks, they are usually good to deal with and you can explain your situation to them.

How so?

We will end up with a property sale within a certain amount of months.
    This takes time rather than occurring immediately.

In the interim we will end up being broke.
    I am trying to figure out how to avoid the brokedness.
    Would you assist with that?

Finances and housework are the causes of most fighting with couples.

They say money can't buy happiness, but it can hire cleaners and end financial stress.

If your relationship with your wife is this dysfunctional, maybe it's time to ask yourself if the marriage has run its course.

If you think the marriage is worth saving you need to get your wife to understand the situation somehow. Sit her down and draw up a list of options.
    Sometimes it's a matter of having done that. But some people have a more optimistic view of life, the world and everything!.
    Should we simply kiss goodbye to those people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Leave her before she leaves you.. It will hurt her pride so much that she will get money from somewhere to buy you back, so she can be the one to leave you<<< but that wont matter then as you'll still have the money €€€€€ cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

I'd speak to MABS about it.

Leave her before she leaves you.. It will hurt her pride so much that she will get money from somewhere to buy you back, so she can be the one to leave you<<< but that wont matter then as you'll still have the money €€€€€ cool

Not possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

Sometimes it's a matter of having done that. But some people have a more optimistic view of life, the world and everything!.
    Should we simply kiss goodbye to those people?

I can't answer that question for you. And, in fairness, looking for advice on your love life at 2am in After Hours isn't going to solve your problems.

Try the credit union.
    Borrow some cash off family/friends to tide you over.
    Make a change or keep repeating the same mistakes over and over.

Nobody here can tell you much about your relationship with your wife...

Perhaps she'd be entitled to maintenance from you, if you did split up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Hide all the money........ NOW.......

Then when she wakes up in the morning, the well is dry. I think she might get the message then :)

• Advertisement

thee glitz wrote: »
    I'd speak to MABS about it.

Not worth it.
    Literally a short term problem.
    Would even consider that K* cartel that's how sure i am about things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Not worth it.
    Literally a short term problem.
    Would even consider that K* cartel that's how sure i am about things.

Do you know what MABS is?

Seve OB wrote: »
    Do you know what MABS is?

Yes of course.
    Unless i am mistaken, they assist with restructuring your life!
    I don't require that!

Shomen wrote: »
    As you're broke an all,.

Much for the wife?
    (asking for a friend).

I am only broke for a short term!
    Shortly broke!

But the system does not assist you with that.
    They instead assist with getting you totally broke first and then use every single idea they can to dry you like a sardine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Where's the money gonna come from? Compo?
    God I hate compo people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Shortly broke!

They instead assist with getting you totally broke first and then use every single idea they can to dry you like a sardine!

Bollocks. I'm sure you were happy with 'the system' when all was going well. You're part of 'the system'. We all are. That's how systems work. If you were outside the system, the system would have no effect on you.

Wesser wrote: »
    Where's the money gonna come from? Compo?
    God I hate compo people.

No dude. I spent my money on an apartment in a sunny climate.
    I sold it as a loss.
    I am recouping most of my money.

But as i said "My wife refuses to believe that we will be totally broke soon enough!"

She believes that everything will be "hunky dory"

In 10 days, once things hit it will be a different proposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭cocaliquid

op your as stupid as your wife.

staple your bank balance to her forehead she should get the message then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Who in this case are 'authorities' who are calling soon? If it's got so bad that you feel like topping yourself it's clear that the wife has to go.
    Did you relate so candidly as you have to us the predicament you've found yourself in to the friendly man at the AIB?
    Maybe drop in unannounced some morning and be sure to hide your identity, wave some duelling pistols around to let everyone know you are a man of honour. (any firearm would do the same job but duelling pistols look great)
    All jokes aside, I hope your only taking the piss. If not rob a bank and lose the wife.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Just wait the 2 months until you are broke. It'll be worth the wait just to win the argument

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

A bit of a back story here might help

What's the reason you're in financial difficulty?
    Why do you seem to think it will fixed in a few months?
    How much do you owe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Financial difficulties are not the end of the world OP although you might think it is and it might feel like you have no options. In time these difficulties will pass. You'd be surprised how much the burden will lift if you speak honestly about your predicament and how you feel with the right people.

MABS is a good starting point. Try and pay back what you owe, if you cant they will likely do a deal to reduce your debt. If even that is a stretch for you I would say fcuk em. Its not worth the mental trauma.

You may have financial issues, you may not, you haven't exactly set out your assets, liabilities, income and expenditure so kinda impossible for others to comment.

But either way, maybe less taking it out on your wife? She may have a more optimistic outlook, but that shouldn't be a reason to focus completely on her.

Chore sex guy has done less wife blaming...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 Links55

You may have financial issues, you may not, you haven't exactly set out your assets, liabilities, income and expenditure so kinda impossible for others to comment.

But either way, maybe less taking it out on your wife? She may have a more optimistic outlook, but that shouldn't be a reason to focus completely on her.

Chore sex guy has done less wife blaming...

Conor I don't blame anyone, I merely explain the dynamics at play non judgementally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Shortly broke!

Are you in Oil? TO'C

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 Links55

Does your wife work OP?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement