Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roger Waters: European Tour 2018 (Ireland included)

Options
  • 21-09-2017 8:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭

https://rogerwaters.com/tour.php

Only German and Austrian dates confirmed so far however according to press spiel :
    "The 2018 European Us + Them tour has so many more countries in the pipeline that it will visit including shows in 23 countries — Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Holland, Hungary, Ireland :cool:, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK."

Summer date in the Aviva probably .....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Oh man, I'm all over this

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 38,409 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The Nal wrote: »

id consider going to a show after seeing that, looks unreal, no way that would fit in the 3arena

dont knw many Floyd songs though so ill admit im jumping on the bandwagon

PTH2009 wrote: »
    id consider going to a show after seeing that, looks unreal, no way that would fit in the 3arena

dont knw many Floyd songs though so ill admit im jumping on the bandwagon

Yeah it'll be a stadium show.

Make sure Animals is a part of your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Berlin, Sat June 2nd looking tasty

• Advertisement

RayCon wrote: »

tenor.gif

made a playlist of the setlist on Spotify and gave it a listen. It takes a while to get going but its sounds good and imagine the visuals will be out of this world

Would he return to the Aviva again after it supposably selling so bad in 2013 ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

It had been just 2 years since he played 2 shows at the point.
    It was the same show (the wall) albeit on a smaller scale.
    I'd say that was a deciding factor for many.

There was 8 of us went to the point gig, and just 2 of us went to the Lansdowne road gig 2 years later.

There'll have been 5 years between the last gig and next years gig, so i'd expect it to sell very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

RayCon wrote: »

Scratch that .... front section seats = €295 .... yes, you read that correctly = €295. :eek: ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Cheapest tickets seem to be €86. Very high but unfortunately par for the course for seeing legends.

• Advertisement

Peter File wrote: »
    Cheapest tickets seem to be €86. Very high but unfortunately par for the course for seeing legends.

I'll be going for them for the Irish gig, paid over €200 for my u2 Croke Park and I said never paying that price again unless it's the Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen or a wrestling PPV

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭GuitarTown

Very happy to hear this. His Dark Side.. and The Wall tours are two of the best shows I've seen by anyone.

He seems to be playing a few songs from the new album which I really enjoyed. Some of them could easily be Floyd songs, Deja Vu is right:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Great news. I saw them in 1988. Will definitely take in some of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is there not an s after Water?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Is there not an s after Water?

There is!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Dates in Norway, Portugal & Finland just announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

10 more dates in Europe just announced, being drip fed at this stage.

Can someone edit the title of this thread?

Whats the typical cost for a Roger Waters show, 50, 60 or 60 odd euros, might try and get onto the family for a possible early xmas pressie ha ha. Seriously though have never seen Roger Waters live, I seen the other three on the Momentary Lapse of Reason/Delicate Sound of Thunder tour at Manchester in 1988.

Whats the typical cost for a Roger Waters show, 50, 60 or 60 odd euros, might try and get onto the family for a possible early xmas pressie ha ha. Seriously though have never seen Roger Waters live, I seen the other three on the Momentary Lapse of Reason/Delicate Sound of Thunder tour at Manchester in 1988.

Close to €100 for the cheapest tickets I feel judging by other venues for this tour. I would love if there were tickets for €50. As it looks likely to be the three arena it will be a big seller

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Thunder77

It will be 3 arena, two nights most likely,that last Aviva gig didn't sell so there is no way he would go stadium again and the entire tour is indoors so i would expect it to be indoors

Someone posted this in the Pink Floyd Glastonbury thread on efestivals, it gave me a chuckle.

IMG_1437.JPG.3c107acb3609711992adc4859ebe3d0b.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

UK dates announced this morning,

http://rogerwaters.com/tour.php

I would expect Dublin to be between July 9th-11th

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

ozzy jr wrote: »
    UK dates announced this morning,

http://rogerwaters.com/tour.php

The indoor Uk gigs are all seated ,no standing tickets.
    I'd imagine it will be standing in Dublin though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Thunder77 wrote: »
    It will be 3 arena, two nights most likely,that last Aviva gig didn't sell so there is no way he would go stadium again and the entire tour is indoors so i would expect it to be indoors

Hyde Park is outdoor I presume.

yes but demand for him in London would be very high so instead of doing 5-6 nights in an arena he can just do one massive outdoor show and fit in some more cities around the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

I'm beginning to fear Dublin wont be included as the 3arena wont accommodate the current stage set. The same issue arises that U2 faced on the i+e tour.
    He has a huge screen that comes out into the crowd during the 2nd half of the show. The 3arena's "fan shape" is far from ideal for this layout.
    I think he's more likely to inc Belfast than Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

poundhound wrote: »
    I'm beginning to fear Dublin wont be included as the 3arena wont accommodate the current stage set. The same issue arises that U2 faced on the i+e tour.
    He has a huge screen that comes out into the crowd during the 2nd half of the show. The 3arena's "fan shape" is far from ideal for this layout.
    I think he's more likely to inc Belfast than Dublin.

Ireland is on his confirmed tour itinerary chief.

• Advertisement

Well he did bring his Wall tour to the arena in 2011 and that fit fine and that was a massive production, i still reckon it will be 3 Arena

Advertisement