Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roger Waters: European Tour 2018 (Ireland included)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

The Nal wrote: »
    Momentary Lapse of Reason. An embarraasment for all concerned.

Have never heard that album but even if it was totally crap, can't see it making a difference to legends like Pink Floyd. People will still go anyway, loads will go without even having heard the album based on who they are

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Patww79 wrote: »

Better than Piper?! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Ah, here, now.....!
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

......and let's not get started on The Endless River! ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

The second night mustn't be selling well. Big advertisements on the weekends media for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

finbarrk wrote: »
    The second night mustn't be selling well. Big advertisements on the weekends media for it.

I'm not surprised ,the ticket prices for seats are ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

TBH, ticket prices here aren't bad. I was at one of the Toronto gigs a few weeks ago and the most expensive tickets were about CA$335 (€225 approx.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Got a ticket as a present today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Got a ticket as a present today.

Congratulations!

Not sure if it's Your first time seeing Roger, if it is, can almost guarantee You that You will come away from the Point saying Best Gig You ever saw!

Enjoy it, I'm also going!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

CAN A MOD CHANGE THE THREAD TITLE TO SHOW THE CORRECT SURNAME FOR ROGER

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Peter File wrote: »
    CAN A MOD CHANGE THE THREAD TITLE TO SHOW THE CORRECT SURNAME FOR ROGER

+1, it has been doing my head in !

A Mod will probably come along soon and change it to Walters just to really wind us up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Muahahaha wrote: »
    +1, it has been doing my head in !

A Mod will probably come along soon and change it to Walters just to really wind us up :pac:

Or just call it 'the original bassist and singer from Pink Floyd' :pac:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Mod please correct it please.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Guy's Mods don't read every post on the forum.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Guy's Mods don't read every post on the forum.

What? :eek::eek::eek:

Next you're going to tell me they don't go to every concert !!

:P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

If you report the original post asking for the title to change they will get an email and I'm, sure will update the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Anybody headed to this next Tuesday? Can’t believe it’s been five years since that Aviva show. Where’s decent for a few pints beforehand?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Anybody headed to this next Tuesday? Can’t believe it’s been five years since that Aviva show. Where’s decent for a few pints beforehand?

It's on Wednesday also. Gonna try and get a ticket. I remember the 2013 gig - was really surprised at the amount of very young scuzzies at it. Gonna try and get a seat.

Am headed to The Killers and Franz Ferdinand on the Tuesday - this doubling up of big acts on the same nights by promoters is nuts.

Should be a great couple of nights from Rog.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Managed to pick up tickets for the Wednesday off adverts at face value. Cant wait for this.

Check out that set list. Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Can't wait for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

I'm going both nights.

His shows are unrivalled. Ground breaking visuals, quadrophonic sound and supported by songs that form the very foundations of Rock music.

Ive seen him 5 times and every single show blew me away.

Only downer is we wont get the full production. The 3arena cant accomodate the screen that comes from the stage and reaches into the crowd. He could have tailored the layout like U2 did in 2015, however as there is a small standing area, with a raised seating layout behind, it cant be done.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Can't wait for this. Saw The Wall back in 2011 and it was spectacular.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

poundhound wrote: »
    Only downer is we wont get the full production. The 3arena cant accomodate the screen that comes from the stage and reaches into the crowd. He could have tailored the layout like U2 did in 2015, however as there is a small standing area, with a raised seating layout behind, it cant be done.

That's a real shame.

They really dropped the ball in not building a bowl style arena there. Lots of stuff they can't do there properly. A few acts have had to change things like this and they can't do much sport there, either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Don't want to know too much about the setlist is the solo stuff he's playing mostly from his latest album?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

@Rothko. Yes, that's correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

poundhound wrote: »
    @Rothko. Yes, that's correct.
    No it is not. He plays 4 off the new album, which is great, and the other 18 tunes are all Pink Floyd greatest hits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I'd rather nothing from The Wall after that tour, but still looks like a good set list. Looks like he's added in Mother to the encore recently.

Advertisement