Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roger Waters: European Tour 2018 (Ireland included)

Options

Comments

Beekay wrote: »
    It was a great gig. Unfortunately I was up in the gods so missed out on the quadrophonic sound but the sound was still fantastic, luckily I have standing tickets for tonight.

I was expecting the full stage show, wish I knew they wouldn't have it before buying the tickets. Probably would have gone to another city for the gig

Any good links to the full stage show? Is it like The Wall gig ? That would have been class- saying that I enjoyed the gig entirely.

A question for you all? Dave Gilmore came to mind more than once throughout the evening for obvious reasons but kudos to the band guitarists and singers nevertheless- any chance he’ll play here one day? I’d love to see him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Beekay wrote: »
    It was a great gig. Unfortunately I was up in the gods so missed out on the quadrophonic sound but the sound was still fantastic, luckily I have standing tickets for tonight.

I was expecting the full stage show, wish I knew they wouldn't have it before buying the tickets. Probably would have gone to another city for the gig

Any good links to the full stage show? Is it like The Wall gig ? That would have been class- saying that I enjoyed the gig entirely.

Found this one earlier. Gives a good idea of what happens.

https://youtu.be/tzjIhCMlgdI

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

What's the merch like?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Wing126 wrote: »
    What's the merch like?

Not much of it would grab my eye. Rather (and I understand why), there's no Dark Side of the Moon merch. Seems very loudly omitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭furiousox

The 10 quid shirt for sale outside the venue is nice! :)

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Didnt expect the standing area to be so small.a great surprise.

Didnt expect the standing area to be so small.a great surprise.

Looked quite tight throughout from my posh seat - and that smoke! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Roger has certainly perfected the art of the arena/stadium gig. Turning the size of the venue into an advantage. I was 30 rows back but didn't feel that I missed out compared to those much closer to the front.

It was absolute perfection!

Fůck me this is unreal.

Waters is absolutely tearing the stage up. He also seems to be covering any weaknesses perfectly with his choice of band.

Intermission time here but man, I'm glad I made the last minute decision to come!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

It’s a bit special alright. Almost wet me self at wish you were here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

Top class... seen quite a few cash in tours recently that were lazy and lacklustre

this was different... no expense spared to deliver a complete fully immersive audio visual experience with excellent and emotional performances of classic Pink floyd songs...good man Roger!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I was there last night and I thought it was fantastic. If I had more money I'd have been there again tonight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Great gig, but could do without all the political ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

First time I’ve seen Roger Waters live and I have to say it was one of the most surreal gigs I’ve ever been to.I was completely drawn in,it was such a visual spectacle,from the videos to the props (flying pig and moon) to the actual persona of Waters himself on stage,it was just amazing.Yeah I do agree maybe some of the stuff was a little bit over politicized but then again Floyd’s catalogue always had that statement of questioning the political establishment and I guess it was inevitable that Roger Waters would have moments of this.

Highlights for me was “Wish You Were Here” followed by “The Wall” I was trying to leg it to the toilets between the songs and I say I need a kidney transplant after it !!!!, but had a great view of the stage ,was in block b, so had a perfect view.You could tell Roger loved the crowd ,the applause and standing ovation really hit home to him,but overall amazing ,thoroughly enjoyed it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Fcuk me, that was incredible.

That’s all I got...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

He was brilliant tonight. A one in a million talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

That was amazing. Work tomorrow though, why God, why???

Snarky Snark Snark

thebull85 wrote: »
    Great gig, but could do without all the political ****e.

You've not really paid much attention to Roger have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Sensational.

They had a fair whack of analog synths and gear up there which is the difference between yesterday's amazing music and today's sh1te.

He started the crowd run with me down the front left so won't be washing my hand for a month now!

Sensational.

They had a fair whack of analog synths and gear up there which is the difference between yesterday's amazing music and today's sh1te.

He started the crowd run with me down the front left so won't be washing my hand for a month now!

I got the hand slap too, along with a few smiles and nods as I was front row and centre.

One of the greatest gigs I've ever seen. Absolute spectacle and it hit me tonight that I don't know if anyone of genuine quality is going to be around to see when I'm in my 50s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭culline

Mindblowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭8mv

Got to see him at last - between one thing and another, I've always managed to miss RW shows. That was a great gig, wonderful sound quality even though I was only two rows from the back wall and had plenty of messers around me. One mother****er right behind me would whistle shrilly every 30 secs or so until some of us let a roar at him to stfu. Others were obviously there as corporate guests and had no respect or consideration for the genuine music fan. It was also noticeable that whenever a song from the latest (excellent) album was played, there would be a rush for the bar - very disrespectful. I can't understand why people HAVE to drink during concerts, but I've gone on about this on other gig threads ad nauseum. I suppose I'm not surprised to hear people on the way out whinging about the 'political ****e' - nobody who bought a ticket could be unaware of RWs views and his willingness to express them. Long may he continue do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭A.Gorilla

What a gig that was. I honestly thought the Aviva gig would never be topped but last night just blew me away. The sound and visuals were incredible and the crowd were brilliant. I have to admit I became very emotional during the great gig in the sky....it was so powerful,brought tears to my eyes thinking of my dad..An amazing night and ended with a fist pump from the man himself....ðŸ˜

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Yeah, the politics do nothing for me really, but take away the politics and you take away Roger. Animals in particular is a very politicised album and is always going to be represented as such.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

No i havent.

Snarky Snark Snark

He's been a very political artist for decades.

The whole "dance monkey boy dance and don't dare make me think if i don't want to" attitude to music / art I think is quite dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Was the setlist the same? Nothing on setlist.fm yet

Snarky Snark Snark

The Nal wrote: »
    Was the setlist the same? Nothing on setlist.fm yet

Same as Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Thunder77

It was more than likely the same set as the night before, RW sticks to the same show pretty much, he might have played Mother instead of Danny Boy maybe, i wonder can anyone confirm that who went last night

• Advertisement

Thunder77 wrote: »
    It was more than likely the same set as the night before, RW sticks to the same show pretty much, he might have played Mother instead of Danny Boy maybe, i wonder can anyone confirm that who went last night

He played Danny Boy.

Advertisement