Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roger Waters: European Tour 2018 (Ireland included)

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Fearless would've been nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Purely out of curiousity, was Wednesday night's Gig a full house? Tuesday's was.

It was packed except for one block on the far left. The view over there is sh11te so maybe they didn't offer it for sale given the nature of the show.

Anyone have a set list?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Speak to Me
    Breathe
    One of These Days
    Time
    Breathe (Reprise)
    The Great Gig in the Sky
    Welcome to the Machine
    Déjà Vu
    The Last Refugee
    Picture That
    Wish You Were Here
    The Happiest Days of Our Lives
    Another Brick in the Wall Part 2
    Another Brick in the Wall Part

Interval
    Dogs
    Pigs (Three Different Ones)
    Money
    Us and Them
    Smell the Roses
    Brain Damage
    Eclipse

Encore:
    Danny Boy
    Comfortably Numb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

A week later and I'm still thinking about this gig every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,392 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

just seen theres tickets in the ergo arena in gdansk poland and i happen to be there on the 5th august , 90 euro a head sorely tempted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

just seen theres tickets in the ergo arena in gdansk poland and i happen to be there on the 5th august , 90 euro a head sorely tempted

GO FOR IT!!! I can guarantee You won't be disappointed.

A week later and I'm still thinking about this gig every day.

I went to the Tuesday night Gig. And as per usual for me, bought 2 tshirts from inside the arena.

A week later and I am just contemplating which one to wear. Like You Mrs S I count myself so lucky to have been there.

Hope Roger gets the urge to make one more tour.

Only thing I would have preferred if he had played mother and not danny boy..

I was at the Tuesday night Gig, and detected a gasp when Roger played Danny Boy. I was impressed with His rendition.

I also ALWAYS love Mother. Over the years there have been many versions ( In The Flesh, With Sinéad O'C ) to name but 2, but my favourite will always be the version of Him singing with David.

Personally? I would have preferred if He did sing DB AND Mother as an extra encore....but thats wishful thinking LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

I was at Tuesday. This was one of my best gigs ever. Audiovisuals were superb. Normally, gigs don't make me too philosophical, but this did. I know one could call all the political stuff clichéd but hard not to feel the message. Nice to hear such an iconic act.
    As mentioned elsewhere, why of why do people have to get so drunk, however?? It seems to be getting worse at Irish gigs. I was at The Charlatans in Belfast in December. I was shocked at the drunkenness. At Rog, there were 3 guys in front of me who were falling down drunk. One of them was so drunk, he could hardly stand and fell down the steps (I was way up high - great view!). The Rog gig was particularly bad. Could have ruined the gig. Does anyone else think this is a worsening problem? I would not remember the gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭8mv

I was at the Tuesday night Gig, and detected a gasp when Roger played Danny Boy. I was impressed with His rendition.

I also ALWAYS love Mother. Over the years there have been many versions ( In The Flesh, With Sinéad O'C ) to name but 2, but my favourite will always be the version of Him singing with David.

Personally? I would have preferred if He did sing DB AND Mother as an extra encore....but thats wishful thinking LOL

I saw a YT video of him doing the beautiful closing three songs from ITTLWRW as the first part of the encore instead of Mother - it was very affecting.

• Advertisement

GO FOR IT!!! I can guarantee You won't be disappointed.
    just done it ! now hope ticketmaster can deliver to my cousin in poland !
    couldnt get ticketmaster to tell me whether they would be sent in time to get to ireland before i leave !

listening to floyd since the late 70's when i bought a tape of animals :P

just done it ! now hope ticketmaster can deliver to my cousin in poland !
    couldnt get ticketmaster to tell me whether they would be sent in time to get to ireland before i leave !

listening to floyd since the late 70's when i bought a tape of animals :P

I sure hope You won't be left down by TM. I saw David Gilmour 2 years ago in Wroclaw..amazing Gig. But had the tickets sent to me here in Kildare many months prior, so can't offer You any comfort there I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭ArrBee

I'm going to be unpopular here and say that it wasn't the best that I've been to.

I've been to:
    -dark side of the moon tour (Aus)
    -The wall arena tour (3 arena)
    -The wall stadium tour (Aviva)
    -Us & Them (wed)

As a comparison,
    -I felt the sound was engineered for a bigger space than the 3 arena. yes it was clear and quality (unlike a lot of acts) but it felt like the levels were out.
    -Didn't like Lucious' attempt at great gig in the sky at all. Butchered would be a word that comes to mind.
    -some of his previous solo work would have been nice

I still think it was good and anyone even thinking of going should definitely go, but if I was to pick one of his gigs in recent years....
    it would be hard to choose between the stadium tour of the wall, and darkside of the moon.

sorry, but that's my $3.50

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

mgkelly wrote: »
    As mentioned elsewhere, why of why do people have to get so drunk, however?? It seems to be getting worse at Irish gigs. I was at The Charlatans in Belfast in December. I was shocked at the drunkenness. At Rog, there were 3 guys in front of me who were falling down drunk. One of them was so drunk, he could hardly stand and fell down the steps (I was way up high - great view!). The Rog gig was particularly bad. Could have ruined the gig. Does anyone else think this is a worsening problem? I would not remember the gig!

Definitely a worsening problem. For me I always move heaven and earth to get standing tickets to a gig. Ive not gone to a couple of gigs before because I just hate the seating areas. One part of the reason is that I hate sitting at a gig and the other is to avoid drunken louts ruining the gig by talking too loud while youre trying to listen. In the standing section at the Waters gig virtually everyone was there for the music and show, there was no one pushing in front as everyone got a great view. If youre up in the seats it is just pot luck on the type of people you are mixed in with. Sometimes its grand, other times its infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

ArrBee wrote: »
    I've been to:
    -dark side of the moon tour (Aus)
    -The wall arena tour (3 arena)
    -The wall stadium tour (Aviva)
    -Us & Them (wed)

Depends on what era of PF you like. I'm a big fan but not a fan of the Wall really. Goes on a bit.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Definitely a worsening problem. For me I always move heaven and earth to get standing tickets to a gig. Ive not gone to a couple of gigs before because I just hate the seating areas. One part of the reason is that I hate sitting at a gig and the other is to avoid drunken louts ruining the gig by talking too loud while youre trying to listen. In the standing section at the Waters gig virtually everyone was there for the music and show, there was no one pushing in front as everyone got a great view. If youre up in the seats it is just pot luck on the type of people you are mixed in with. Sometimes its grand, other times its infuriating.

That can be true alright.
    Although last standing gig at 3 arena that I went to there was a bit of people talking and selfie nonsense going on. Yeah, you can move somewhere else, but I like to have a spot and stick to it a bit.

At rog there was these 3 drunk guys in the standing area mildly pissed and dancing around - pretty harmless I reckon but they were "interacting" with random people around them which might have been annoying if your trying to listen etc.

Whats with people using the light on their phones when taking video?

The Nal wrote: »
    Depends on what era of PF you like. I'm a big fan but not a fan of the Wall really. Goes on a bit.

I know what you mean. If I think about the wall I wouldn't put it up there musically.... Until I listen to it again.
    It's always been the movie to me more than an album of songs and every time I listen, I hear it in that context. It's not about the guitar solos or another brick in the wall pt2. I'm glad rog did pt3 on wed night though.

I'm one of those weirdos who actually like Pros & Cons and Amused to Death. Maybe even Radio Kaos a little bit. :P
    and while I do like some of the back catalog of floyd, my love for the music starts at Atom Heart Mother.

The wall was an amazing gig because of how everything comes together and the sound in an outdoor arena was amazing.
    Otherwise the Darkside of the Moon tour was my favorite.
    Perhaps, only because I didnt get to the In the Flesh tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

ArrBee wrote: »
    Muahahaha wrote: »

That can be true alright.
    Although last standing gig at 3 arena that I went to there was a bit of people talking and selfie nonsense going on. Yeah, you can move somewhere else, but I like to have a spot and stick to it a bit.

At rog there was these 3 drunk guys in the standing area mildly pissed and dancing around - pretty harmless I reckon but they were "interacting" with random people around them which might have been annoying if your trying to listen etc.

Whats with people using the light on their phones when taking video?
    Agree. Someone behind me videoing with big bright light coming on. Very selfish. It's all about "me,me,me..." and wanting to'show off' to mates the next day. I often wonder what people do with their multiple random 30 second clips?!
    Oh, I'm just getting grumpy and old!
    I like the old fashioned ideas of enjoying the music, making memories for myself and relaxing/enjoying myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

mgkelly wrote: »
    Agree. Someone behind me videoing with big bright light coming on. Very selfish. It's all about "me,me,me..." and wanting to'show off' to mates the next day. I often wonder what people do with their multiple random 30 second clips?!
    Oh, I'm just getting grumpy and old!
    I like the old fashioned ideas of enjoying the music, making memories for myself and relaxing/enjoying myself.

Some people like sending them to people who couldn't make the gig, or have a little clip of the gig on their youtube channel etc.

People filming entire shows or large portions of shows should be beheaded though, I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Juno12

Any idea how I could get a response to a customer service query from Aiken Promotions? I’ve been emailing them since 23rd May but only get unsigned automated “we’ll be in touch” mails. Anybody got a cont number?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Anyone else attend the 2002 "In the flesh" tour at the point?

poundhound wrote: »

Lucky you!

I have it on DVD and the young guitarist who is left handed and is going for the rock n roll look is amazing!
    He nails the solos in Dogs (and other songs of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Doyle Bramhall features on the “In the Flesh” CD/DVD, however by the time the tour reached Europe, he was replaced by Chester Kamen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

poundhound wrote: »

Yeah I was there .... I've never been to a bad Waters gig ... as a matter of fact the Darkside gig in Cork when the PA blew was one of my favorites.

2006 was a great summer ... Saw Gilmour in the RAH in May with Richard Wright , then Waters in Cork in June when Nick Mason joined him for the later part of the show. Got to see 80% of Floyd members in the space of 2 months. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

RayCon wrote: »
    Yeah I was there .... I've never been to a bad Waters gig ... as a matter of fact the Darkside gig in Cork when the PA blew was one of my favorites.

2006 was a great summer ... Saw Gilmour in the RAH in May with Richard Wright , then Waters in Cork in June when Nick Mason joined him for the later part of the show. Got to see 80% of Floyd members in the space of 2 months. :cool:

Saw the In The Flesh show as well, I'd agree that all Waters' gigs have been good, bar some audio issues during the first Wall show in the Point. I didn't see the latest Dublin show, but I did catch the Us + Them tour late last year in Canada and thought it was up to the usual high standards, plus I think the new album is great!

Just about to head out to ergo arena gdansk thanks for convincing me !

brilliant show !

Just about to head out to ergo arena gdansk thanks for convincing me !

brilliant show !

I don't know what it is about RW/DG Gigs in Poland. I have David in Gdansk on DVD and I saw Him in Wroclaw 2 years. Both excellent gigs...then again, any Pink Floyd/Roger Waters Gig I ever went to I left on a high.

Really glad You took 'our' advice Ednwireland!

While on the subject of Pink Floyd, hard to believe it's almost 10 years to the day since Richard died.

In memory of the greatest Keyboard artist I have ever heard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osSkKhebrlU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58KjyQWKr80

SHINE ON YOU BEAUTIFUL DIAMOND!

Advertisement