Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roger Waters: European Tour 2018 (Ireland included)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Re "Ireland is on his confirmed tour itinerary chief".

For some of us, Belfast falls into that jurisdiction.

And yes, he brought The Wall production but that didn't involve a screen running from the stage out towards the back of the venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

poundhound wrote: »
    Re "Ireland is on his confirmed tour itinerary chief".

For some of us, Belfast falls into that jurisdiction.

And yes, he brought The Wall production but that didn't involve a screen running from the stage out towards the back of the venue.

Name a recent tour where a Belfast date was listed under "Ireland" by an international touring artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

U2 I+E tour

WED
    NOV
    Belfast IE
    Botanic Gardens
    Show Report / Video / Photos 10 TBC
    THU
    NOV
    Belfast IE
    Botanic Gardens
    Show Report / Video / Photos 12 ENDED
    MON
    NOV
    Dublin IE
    3Arena
    Show Report / Video / Photos 35 ENDED
    TUE
    NOV
    Dublin IE
    3Arena
    Show Report / Video / Photos 9 ENDED
    FRI
    NOV

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I'm beginning to fear Dublin wont be included as the 3arena wont accommodate the current stage set. The same issue arises that U2 faced on the i+e tour.
    He has a huge screen that comes out into the crowd during the 2nd half of the show. The 3arena's "fan shape" is far from ideal for this layout.
    I think he's more likely to inc Belfast than Dublin.

Well now hes doing outdoors shows why not the Aviva? Setlists are incredible and the new album is a banger. One of the best of the year.

The 3Arena is already very dated. Having been in Madison Square Garden and the 3Arena in the space of the last fortnight (other venues too in the last few years) the 3Arena is miles behind in every way. Sound, seats, facilities, transport links, surrounding bars, restaurants and cafes, staff etc. Feels old and need of an upgrade already.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,409 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The Nal wrote: »
    Well now hes doing outdoors shows why not the Aviva? Setlists are incredible and the new album is a banger. One of the best of the year.

The 3Arena is already very dated. Having been in Madison Square Garden and the 3Arena in the space of the last fortnight (other venues too in the last few years) the 3Arena is miles behind in every way. Sound, seats, facilities, transport links, surrounding bars, restaurants and cafes, staff etc. Feels old and need of an upgrade already.

It's miles away from places like the Hydro, Manchester Arena and many others. If only they decided to look at UK arenas and build it in an ice hockey type layout. In fairness it's not too bad. The Olympia needs a huge revamp imo but that's more of an iconic place

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    It's miles away from places like the Hydro, Manchester Arena and many others. If only they decided to look at UK arenas and build it in an ice hockey type layout. In fairness it's not too bad. The Olympia needs a huge revamp imo but that's more of an iconic place

The Olympia is a shíthole.

And yeah, the new Point was poorly designed from the start. The no mans land in between both sides of the stage and the crowd is an odd one. Sucks up all the atmosphere. Feels like you're about to see a Fianna Fáil Ard Fheis rather than a gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The 3arena was specifically designed like the First Direct in Leeds for concerts and it suits most events that only use a main stage.
    The arena is constructed in a super theatre fan shaped format , with 'perfect sightlines' from each seat and the longest distance from the stage is 60 metres as opposed to 95–110 metres at a traditionally designed Arena.
    Its the more elaborate setups that it struggles with but these are in the minority.

The sound system is very good ,much better than the O2 in London for example .
    Try sitting in the upper level there ,then you will have a reason to complain.

You do realise that they spent $1 billion dollars refurbishing Madison Square Gardens a few years ago ,before that it was a kip.

Zardoz wrote: »
    The 3arena was specifically designed like the First Direct in Leeds for concerts and it suits most events that only use a main stage.
    The arena is constructed in a super theatre fan shaped format , with 'perfect sightlines' from each seat and the longest distance from the stage is 60 metres as opposed to 95–110 metres at a traditionally designed Arena.
    Its the more elaborate setups that it struggles with but these are in the minority.

The sound system is very good ,much better than the O2 in London for example .
    Try sitting in the upper level there ,then you will have a reason to complain.

You do realise that they spent $1 billion dollars refurbishing Madison Square Gardens a few years ago ,before that it was a kip.

So I hear yeah. You can see where the money went. Superb venue.

You can't see from everywhere in the 3Arena by the way. Had to swap seats with the missus at Chris Rock the other night because there was a slightly above average height bloke sitting in front of her. Seats are very close to each other (ie the in front and behind), they're a bit rickety now.

Disagree that the sound is good. The sound system may be good but I've been to lots and lots of gigs there with average sound. Theres only a few places when standing with good sound. The echo from the bars etc under the seats ruin it.

Anyway, happy to see Waters in there, he could modify and fit the screen in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Somebody please put the 's' in the thread title. It tilts me every time I see it come up in latest posts :(

https://www.facebook.com/aikenpromotions/videos/1613039368736016/

Dublin annoucement perhaps ??

looks like Pink Floyds Triangle logo ??

• Advertisement

So I hear yeah. You can see where the money went. Superb venue.

You can't see from everywhere in the 3Arena by the way. Had to swap seats with the missus at Chris Rock the other night because there was a slightly above average height bloke sitting in front of her. Seats are very close to each other (ie the in front and behind), they're a bit rickety now.

I agree ,flat seating your view might not be the best if there is someone with a big head in front of you ,but I've never had an issue in the tiered seating.
    They should have put a minor incline on the floor area .
    Disagree that the sound is good. The sound system may be good but I've been to lots and lots of gigs there with average sound. Theres only a few places when standing with good sound. The echo from the bars etc under the seats ruin it.

I've always found the sound good ,clear and not too loud or distorted.
    Alot depends on the sound engineer ,some of them are absolutely useless ,they destroy the sound with too much bass and low frequency effects.

Aiken? RDS?

U2 I+E tour

WED
    NOV
    Belfast IE
    Botanic Gardens
    Show Report / Video / Photos 10 TBC
    THU
    NOV
    Belfast IE
    Botanic Gardens
    Show Report / Video / Photos 12 ENDED
    MON
    NOV
    Dublin IE
    3Arena
    Show Report / Video / Photos 35 ENDED
    TUE
    NOV
    Dublin IE
    3Arena
    Show Report / Video / Photos 9 ENDED
    FRI
    NOV

I'm sure the Wolfe Tones called it similarly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Patww79 wrote: »
    If it's the point on a weekend then all for it. Just please not the Aviva or RDS.

The three arena is the best large scale venue in Dublin. This concert needs to be experienced in Darkness not a bright summer evening

What % of the new tour does he mime?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jsms88

Looks like his staging alright. He’s announced most of the other European dates over the last few days as far as I can see so makes sense that we’ll get an announcement this week.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ0mhFoDW1r/

Deff Roger Waters I'd say TBA 2morrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

I hope tickets don't go on sale on Friday.

I want a week or so to think about this. I'm hearing he mimes a bit. Not sure if I want to hand over €100 to see someone mime :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Aiken promotions ... so won't be the 3 Arena - I think they are a Live Nation venue (ie. MCD).
    Looking like outdoor announcement. RDS, Aviva or newly refurbed Pairc Ui Chaoimh possibly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

RayCon wrote: »
    Aiken promotions ... so won't be the 3 Arena - I think they are a Live Nation venue (ie. MCD).
    Looking like outdoor announcement. RDS, Aviva or newly refurbed Pairc Ui Chaoimh possibly.

If you edit your first post and click "go advanced" you can then edit the thread title.

40 seconds. :rolleyes:

He can't really sing anything remotely high though so he doesn't really have a choice.

Seems to use all sorts of effects and autotune etc when he is singing.

He can't really sing anything remotely high though so he doesn't really have a choice.

Oh jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ0mhFoDW1r/

Deff Roger Waters I'd say TBA 2morrow

Id say it is defintely a Roger Waters announcement. But funnily enough with the triangle and the phrase Remain Human it could also be Daft Punk and Aiken is just trolling !

Like others I would hope it is not outdoor but it is looking that way. Will be going regardless but this type of gig is better suited indoors imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

rubadub wrote: »
    If you edit your first post and click "go advanced" you can then edit the thread title.

Edit button missing from OP :( ... apologies for the dodgy "s" button on my keyboard :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Christ on a bike, just googled it and so many youtube vids showing the same thing at different shows and other proof he mimes.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

RayCon wrote: »

Aiken can still use the 3Arena its not just a MCD venue

scudzilla wrote: »
    Christ on a bike, just googled it and so many youtube vids showing the same thing at different shows and other proof he mimes.

I was in the 3rd row middle at the Aviva. Reckon he mimed 1/5 of the gig.

• Advertisement

Peter File wrote: »
    Close to €100 for the cheapest tickets I feel judging by other venues for this tour. I would love if there were tickets for €50. As it looks likely to be the three arena it will be a big seller

I had a quick look at the UK ticket prices ,almost all of them are 105 or 95 pounds inc nosebleeds at the back. Only a handful of £74 tickets.

Advertisement