Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roger Waters: European Tour 2018 (Ireland included)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

The Nal wrote: »
    Course. But they've only released a tiny amount of good seats and standing and a load of shít seats. They're relying on people panic buying the shít seats now.

No its a presale, how do you know they released LOADS of **** seats??? Maybe they released the exact same amount, and NOBODY has bought the bad ones. You are assuming a hell of a lot, when you have no idea how many seats where released.

B00641103 wrote: »
    What do people think the chances are getting standing tomorrow on main sale?

I think you are grand, load the page at like 8.58, and wait for the timer to click down. You will be fine. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

EyesClosed wrote: »
    No its a presale, how do you know they released LOADS of **** seats??? Maybe they released the exact same amount, and NOBODY has bought the bad ones. You are assuming a hell of a lot, when you have no idea how many seats where released.

Because I've tried maybe 50 times for various seats and they keep popping up with the shít seats and no standing.

Its a marketing ploy (which has obviously got you hook, line and sinker) which means Three can use it to attract customers and the promoters can sell the shít seats in advance.

The "best available" I'm getting is Block A right over the at the side, for 138 quid each. :rolleyes:

Ha have you made sure the 50 times you have tried are not just the same seats? Obviously there is a limited amount of tickets available and all the good ones are gone. It's not a great big conspiracy, it's a presale. I was offered really good seats I got on at 9, I took them. Which means there where good seats available, I'm sorry you missed them, but the general sale will sort you out. If you keep trying you will still get bad seats, as all the good ones and the standing are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

One way of getting rid of some of the crap seats.

• Advertisement

okidoki987 wrote: »
    One way of getting rid of some of the crap seats.

But that is not what is happening.
    There was a fixed amount of good seats, and it is first come, first served. Just because nobody is buying the bad seats, does not mean there was more of em.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 B00641103

Tomorrow should I select best available or select standing before searching for tickets?

I want tickets badly but needs to be standing. If I select best available will it give me a choice of standing or just end up picking seats automatically for me?

Possibly but you would imagine 3 wouldn't get a massive amount of "good seats".
    Obviously everybody wants the Block C/D/E's and when they are gone, you are left with the choice of going for the crap seats or wait and try in general sale.
    Many a time I've picked crap seats as wasn't hopeful of getting better seats
    in the general sale only to find better seats available the following day :(.
    Pays your money and takes your chance.

Tomorrow should I select best available or select standing before searching for tickets?

I want tickets badly but needs to be standing. If I select best available will it give me a choice of standing or just end up picking seats automatically for me?

No select standing.

EyesClosed wrote: »
    But that is not what is happening.
    There was a fixed amount of good seats, and it is first come, first served. Just because nobody is buying the bad seats, does not mean there was more of em.

There was a disproportionate amount of shít seats available vs good seats/standing. It wasn't an even spread.

Anyway on to tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The Nal wrote: »
    There was a disproportionate amount of shít seats available vs good seats/standing. It wasn't an even spread.

Anyway on to tomorrow.

Normally I'd agree with you,Ticketmaster love to foist crap seats on people, but not for this presale.
    If you searched for standing and they werent available they gave Seating Block P as an option,as they are similar price.
    If you searched for Tiered Seating ,the seating offered was excellent,Blocks,B,C,D E and F ,first few rows.

Loving the foisting references. Lots of Curb fans on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

What's wrong with seated tickets?

OhHiMark wrote: »

What's wrong with seated tickets?

I still have functioning legs

I have a feeling tonorri will be hopeless

I have a feeling tonorri will be hopeless

you will be grand, stop stressing over **** you can't control

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

So you just won't go if you have to sit down?

OhHiMark wrote: »

So you just won't go if you have to sit down?

Don't like the thought of paying near 280 euro including all the taxes for ****ty seats at tyevside

Don't like the thought of paying near 280 euro including all the taxes for ****ty seats at tyevside

so get good seats in the middle :pac::pac:

well you could have got 2 good seats bang in the centre of Row D in the pre-sale yesterday for that price and you might still have to pay that tomorrow.

For those aiming for tickets in tomorrows release:

1. There are bronze, Gold and Platinum options as well as the general release tickets. I've no idea what Bronze and Gold will offer but you can purchase Platinum standing tickets right now, without a pre-sale code for 215 euro EACH. - that's over double their actual price- full price tickets are coming in at 300euro i think, if you choose the Platinum option-again over double the price- but for that, you can get Block D- Row 6- right now. So if close to the stage is a priority for you over price, then now's your chance.

So in terms of tomorrow and standing tickets and indeed front row seats in prime locations in the stadium, close to the stage, don't expect many of these to be available tomorrow, even at the highest price normal issue of 131 euro.

If going with a few people, if possible, I'd all log on @ 9am on your own accounts, stay in contact on the phone or Skype- one person go for standing one go for mid price tickets and one go for full price tickets and then decide depending on what comes up.

Best of luck;)

• Advertisement

Zardoz wrote: »
    About 90 per cent.
    He has two nights before Glasgow, so he will highly likely add a second night.

I'm not sure about that. There's double gigs already listed, (Madrid for example) just about to go on sale, just like Dublin's about to go on Sale- so why didn't Dublin get a double gig?

I think this is a one-off gig. They've water to cross to get to their next gig in Glasgow so they'll need some contingency for that. In addition, he's been here a few years ago with The Wall in the Aviva, so he's aware of the demand for tickets.

If I were a fan, I wouldn't count on a 2nd chance for tickets. Get them while you can. Based on numbers at the Aviva, this gig will sell out and demand will be huge for tickets after sell out. I think the planning has been done here with the gig list and I don't see them going back and adding gigs.

https://rogerwaters.com/tour.php

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

The seating layout on the ticketmaster website shows limited standing for the Waters gig.
    As a result, the overall capacity will be reduced. I'm sure he'll play a 2nd night.

For those shooting for tickets tomorrow, bear in mind the screen that descends from the roof at the start of the 2nd half of the show. It goes from the stage out into the centre of the crowd, similar to U2's I+E shows. Those in Block D and L will have a restricted view of this screen. The seats out in the wings will benefit during this part of the show, although I'm not sure how long it is used for.

View the advert currently being shown on the Waters FB page to see what I mean.

poundhound wrote: »
    The seating layout on the ticketmaster website shows limited standing for the Waters gig.
    As a result, the overall capacity will be reduced. I'm sure he'll play a 2nd night.

why are you sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I'm not sure about that. There's double gigs already listed, (Madrid for example) just about to go on sale, just like Dublin's about to go on Sale- so why didn't Dublin get a double gig?

I think this is a one-off gig. They've water to cross to get to their next gig in Glasgow so they'll need some contingency for that. In addition, he's been here a few years ago with The Wall in the Aviva, so he's aware of the demand for tickets.

If I were a fan, I wouldn't count on a 2nd chance for tickets. Get them while you can. Based on numbers at the Aviva, this gig will sell out and demand will be huge for tickets after sell out. I think the planning has been done here with the gig list and I don't see them going back and adding gigs.

https://rogerwaters.com/tour.php

He added a second night in Glasgow immediately after the first one sold out ,its a similar size venue .
    He has 3 nights off before Dublin and 2 after ,that's alot of free space .

The Dublin gig has a reduced capacity due to the smaller standing layout and as you said yourself the demand is there for a second gig .

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Small queue in Stephens green ticket master if anyone is in Dublin.

No "standing" tickets available @ 9am when i tried- you can get the 200 euro standing tickets via the "bronze" option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

No "standing" tickets available @ 9am when i tried- you can get the 200 euro standing tickets via the "bronze" option.

Same for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭meepins

There was no online* queue before the 9am sale time. Is that reserved for more in demand tickets?

Went looking for 1 standing and like others, nothing was available?

Looking at the secondary sites after, the price of standing tickets went from €225 to €245 when none or small number came available on general sale
    More interesting is there are some "upper tier seats" going for €100 which means either the staff of the sites have bought them and selling just to get the commission or there is another concert coming and the sellers don't want to get caught with them.
    If there is a second concert will the promoters wait until the 1st one sells out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Got our two tickets yesterday. Got some secret code from three to be able to get them early.
    Problem now is ha to wait for the show

Advertisement