Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roger Waters: European Tour 2018 (Ireland included)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭GuitarTown

keep trying, got nothing from app & site at 9:00 when the countdown ticker was done. Refreshed all the way through and kept getting no standing available but we have these for 131 which were pretty poor seats. Then got standing within the last few mins!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Seems there was very little standing available outside of bronze pricing. Haha charade you are.

Settled for Block KK in the end. Roll on June motherfúckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nearlysenior

Got a ticket for L section.i know its up in the gods at the back but still delighted

Got a ticket for L section.i know its up in the gods at the back but still delighted

You won't be able to see him mime from up there!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

€96 for a ticket in Row 45+ in Upper Tier is expensive, where were the €76 tickets for then?

• Advertisement

Oooh standing just popped up, nabbed 2 so anyone looking for 2 x block KK tickets let me know. Face value obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

At 307 a ticket in row 8 block E I am so glad he is playing money. He should allow me up on stage at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Got block A. €277 for 2. No standing available at 09.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Randomly got two standing for a friend in the app there ten mins ago. Well I presume GA1, G3 is standing as there is no seat num assigned.
    €93 a ticket seem steep.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭GuitarTown

It wouldn't surprise me if there was no standing put on sale at 9:00 this morning apart from the 200 quid ones to be honest. They try sell all the more expensive ones first then go back with the cheaper ones

• Advertisement

Keep trying, standing tickets popping up

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Well I presume GA1, G3 is standing as there is no seat num assigned.

Yep standing
    Not the 1st time someone has been confused with the GA especially when there is a number beside it.
    Ticketmaster do that so they know how many standing tickets are issued.
    €93 a ticket seem steep.

Better value than the €103 tickets in the gods!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

okidoki987 wrote: »
    €96 for a ticket in Row 45+ in Upper Tier is expensive, where were the €76 tickets for then?

Just had a look and it offered seats in row 45 of Block N for 140 euro each.
    Disgraceful pricing .

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭dunleakelleher

Saw him in the marquee around 2006
    fantastic gig,

Just looking at ticketmaster now charging 131 for L + N section.it was 96 earlier?

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Just looking at ticketmaster now charging 131 for L + N section.it was 96 earlier?

I paid 131 a ticket for Block L at around 9:15, f*cked up

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

Is the standing area reduces in size for this gig (i.e., is there more seats and therefore the smaller capacity for the arena.?

Out of curiosity, what was/is the latest time someone was able to get a standing ticket? I tried at 9am and there were none available at that time, I just went for the N area seat that came up (and I wasn't going to pay E131 etc).

I got it at 9am for 96.serious jump in a few minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Goreme wrote: »
    Is the standing area reduces in size for this gig

It looks that way from the map on ticketmaster anyway.

I got it at 9am for 96.serious jump in a few minutes
    Yeah, my block N ticket is probably up in the crows nest, but at 96 + fees thats all I was going to go for if I didn't get standing. But Roger's concerts are reknowned for great sound everywhere in the stadium/arena, so hopefully he will be insisting that the 3Arena sound is great even up in the sky. And his visuals are also big, so even back there, the visuals should look great, I hope!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Regarding the demand for standing tickets, why would someone want to stand for a show that will run for approx 2.5hrs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

poundhound wrote: »
    Regarding the demand for standing tickets, why would someone want to stand for a show that will run for approx 2.5hrs?

I take it you have never seen Bruce Springsteen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Standing still available as part of the Bronze Package, 200 each :rolleyes:

Closer to the stage, can move if the sound/visuals/people around you aren't great, better atmosphere.

Goreme wrote: »
    Is the standing area reduces in size for this gig (i.e., is there more seats and therefore the smaller capacity for the arena.?

Out of curiosity, what was/is the latest time someone was able to get a standing ticket? I tried at 9am and there were none available at that time, I just went for the N area seat that came up (and I wasn't going to pay E131 etc).

It is a bit strange that the small standing area is being used as Waters uses a similar screen layout to U2 did on the last indoor tour which extends out from the stage.
    It would be much easier to fit this in with the lower level of seating removed ,I don't think we will be getting the full screen in Dublin .

maxresdefault.jpg

Because this is Rock N' Roll, not the Opera, many people want to move to Roger's/Floyd's music.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I'm priced out. Couldn't bring myself to pay triple figures for 'a gig'. Pity. Saw him twice before. Amazing show. But still just 'a gig'. Would have clicked at 96, but just couldn't at over a ton.

Edit: 35 quid tickets still available in Portugal. Cheap flights for meself and herself, hotel room for the night. Works out less than standing in the point. Plus, it's an outdoor show. Full staging...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Re "I take it you have never seen Bruce Springsteen".

I have seen Springsteen 3 times. Stood the first time, vowed never to stand at his shows again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Re "I take it you have never seen Bruce Springsteen".

I have seen Springsteen 3 times. Stood the first time, vowed never to stand at his shows again.

I will happily stand for as long as he wants to stay on stage

• Advertisement

endacl wrote: »
    I'm priced out. Couldn't bring myself to pay triple figures for 'a gig'. Pity. Saw him twice before. Amazing show. But still just 'a gig'. Would have clicked at 96, but just couldn't at over a ton.

Edit: 35 quid tickets still available in Portugal. Cheap flights for meself and herself, hotel room for the night. Works out less than standing in the point. Plus, it's an outdoor show. Full staging...

Dublin is an absolute rip off for gigs ,there is no doubt about it.
    I was up at Neil Diamond the other night with the missus.
    230 euro for seats for the two of us ,I got rode on the hotel as booked late ,Dublin was almost booked out ,230 euro for the night.
    Train ,food ,drinks ,etc the best part of 700 euro gone .

Advertisement