Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roger Waters: European Tour 2018 (Ireland included)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

poundhound wrote: »
    Re "I take it you have never seen Bruce Springsteen".

I have seen Springsteen 3 times. Stood the first time, vowed never to stand at his shows again.
    Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

@ The Nal.

I didn't enjoy standing for the best part of 4 hrs (including waiting for him to come on). I was actually delighted when the show finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Edit: 35 quid tickets still available in Portugal. Cheap flights for meself and herself, hotel room for the night. Works out less than standing in the point. Plus, it's an outdoor show. Full staging...
    Dublin is an absolute rip off for gigs ,there is no doubt about it.

Perfect example.

Problem is Irish people will pay the prices asked and that's why the promoters charge the prices they do.
    Would only need a couple of concerts not to sell out and maybe the prices will come down.

I have heard of people getting free tickets (30+) to gigs that weren't selling in the past so when people go, looks as if, it's a sell out or near enough instead of having empty blocks of seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Just looking at ticketmaster now charging 131 for L + N section.it was 96 earlier?

I got tickets and so did a few of my mates. I paid 131, one mate is 2 rows back and paid 96. Seems to be a cut off in that section. I'd rather be 2 rows back for €96.

@ The Nal.

I didn't enjoy standing for the best part of 4 hrs (including waiting for him to come on). I was actually delighted when the show finished.
    Fair enough. I don't like sitting. In big venues anyway. Atmos killer and I always feel like I'm watching other people at a gig. Usually the sound is hit or miss - like Bruce in Croker - and the tickets are much more expensive. 
    Have stood up for 15 odd Springsteen shows. Would choose standing every time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

There are good seats available in sections C,D and E now .
    They have obviously sold enough of the crap seats now that they will release some of the better seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭dasdog

Zardoz wrote: »
    There are good seats available in sections C,D and E now .
    They have obviously sold enough of the crap seats now that they will release some of the better seats.

Thanks for that. Block D aisle seats will do nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Im not getting a seating map option for Roger Waters on Tickmaster, U2 is there but not RW, anyone know where I can see one? What comes up for me is a seating map called Optimum Standing but it doesnt seem to show where the big screens jut out into the arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭furiousox

2nd gig added, tickets onsale next Thursday.

CPL 593H

furiousox wrote: »

Quelle surprise...

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    I got tickets and so did a few of my mates. I paid 131, one mate is 2 rows back and paid 96. Seems to be a cut off in that section. I'd rather be 2 rows back for €96.

Yes there is and it happens a lot @ the Arena. For this gig especially, the light show etc will keep a lot more people entertained throughout so being near the stage is not as key a requirement as for some other gigs.

furiousox wrote: »

Happy with the ticket's i've got for this gig- it gives people a further chance of getting some decent seats.
    What's the capacity of the 3 Arena, anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭GuitarTown

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Im not getting a seating map option for Roger Waters on Tickmaster, U2 is there but not RW, anyone know where I can see one? What comes up for me is a seating map called Optimum Standing but it doesnt seem to show where the big screens jut out into the arena.

It showed a separate map for U2 cause they had a catwalk and a B stage whereas for Roger the screens are just above people standing with nothing on the floor down the middle so standard optimum standing layout covers it.

One of the stranger ticket releases Ive seen. No standing at 9am, but standing available at 9.50am. Block KK tickets costing 96 quid at 9am but now costing 131 each for the same seats.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nearlysenior

A few tickets still left for 1st gig.standing and J section

A few tickets still left for 1st gig.standing and J section

Don't you just love Ticketmaster and their sales ploys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Zardoz wrote: »
    Don't you just love Ticketmaster and their sales ploys.

I was looking for 4 standing in the presale and then the public sale and couldn't get them. I can buy 4 now, I just checked, but I don't think I'll bother.

I've never had such messing about for a concert before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭furiousox

No standing tickets available at 9am yesterday.
    Standing tickets available right now.
    How and why are ticketmaster allowed to get away with this $hit?? :mad:

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Why has the title of the thread not been amended yet, its the wrong spelling.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Goreme wrote: »
    Because this is Rock N' Roll, not the Opera, many people want to move to Roger's/Floyd's music.

Well Pink Floyd music is designed for the listener to sit back, chill and become immersed in the experience.

• Advertisement

endacl wrote: »
    I'm priced out. Couldn't bring myself to pay triple figures for 'a gig'. Pity. Saw him twice before. Amazing show. But still just 'a gig'. Would have clicked at 96, but just couldn't at over a ton.

Edit: 35 quid tickets still available in Portugal. Cheap flights for meself and herself, hotel room for the night. Works out less than standing in the point. Plus, it's an outdoor show. Full staging...

What does that say about Ticketmiser and their cosy cartel with Scabwave.
    Whilst I would love to see the show here, we have decided to give it a miss because of the ridiculously priced tickets and the way ticketmiser are taking the pi$$.

K.Flyer wrote: »
    What does that say about Ticketmiser and their cosy cartel with Scabwave.
    Whilst I would love to see the show here, we have decided to give it a miss because of the ridiculously priced tickets and the way ticketmiser are taking the pi$$.

Look I spent 131 per ticket and then an extortionate amount of so called"fees"- I don't feel good about that at all. But I'm looking forward to a good night out next year.
    I know what you're saying and it's a total exploit-fest. I 100% agree with you.

Maybe I shouldn't have spent that money. But I know my lifestyle and it's not extravagant. In this particular instance, I decided to go. My only advice is don't let your feelings on this ticketmaster sh1t fest stop you from a good night of music in 9 months time.

Obviously the decision is yours. I've justified the decision in my own way but like you, not taken lightly. Again, I 100% agree with you.

Second night at 02 Wed 27th has just been added..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

That was announced on Thursday.

ozzy jr wrote: »
    That was announced on Thursday.

:D:D ok, been really busy, must have missed the memo :)

I'm not sure about that. There's double gigs already listed, (Madrid for example) just about to go on sale, just like Dublin's about to go on Sale- so why didn't Dublin get a double gig?
    Look I spent 131 per ticket and then an extortionate amount of so called"fees"- I don't feel good about that at all. But I'm looking forward to a good night out next year.
    I know what you're saying and it's a total exploit-fest. I 100% agree with you.

Now you know at first hand why they didn't announce both gigs at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

I got my tickets for Roger's Gig through Ticketmaster. It was given to me as a birthday present, as my b/day is June 27th. Now I discover that Roger is doing a 2nd Gig...on the 27th.

Maybe I am looking for a miracle, but does anyone know can I exchange my 2 tickets for the Gig on the 27th? My tickets are for block G

• Registered Users Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Regarding the demand for standing tickets, why would someone want to stand for a show that will run for approx 2.5hrs?

I went to David Gilmour last year in Wroclaw. Standing was the only tickets available - it was open air in a square near the University. I stood for almost 4 hours, and had no problem.

And....the ticket cost 100 Zloty's ( sp?). That equates to about €22.50. And believe me, worth every cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Ticket secured for the 2nd Waters show now.
    Block E on the first night, and Block D on the 2nd.
    Bloody expensive though!

Waters 2002
    Waters 2007
    Waters 2011
    Waters 2011
    Waters 2013
    Gilmour 2015
    Gilmour 2016
    Waters 2018
    Waters 2018

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Ticket secured for the 2nd Waters show now.
    Block E on the first night, and Block D on the 2nd.
    Bloody expensive though!

Waters 2002
    Waters 2007
    Waters 2011
    Waters 2011
    Waters 2013
    Gilmour 2015
    Gilmour 2016
    Waters 2018
    Waters 2018

Do ye happen to know if Roger Waters is any good live?!... Just kidding!

I was in two minds about going to this until I listened to Roger's new album, it is absolutely incredible! It's not too hard to see who was the creative brain behind Pink Floyd!

Advertisement