Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roger Waters: European Tour 2018 (Ireland included)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Here we go again, I hope it's better than last week's disaster

Scrap that, it's tomorrow isn't it. Idiot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Presale currently open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Scrap that, it's tomorrow isn't it. Idiot!

Appropriate username 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

If anyone has a spare presale code please PM me

• Advertisement

I went to David Gilmour last year in Wroclaw. Standing was the only tickets available - it was open air in a square near the University. I stood for almost 4 hours, and had no problem.

And....the ticket cost 100 Zloty's ( sp?). That equates to about €22.50. And believe me, worth every cent.

Reckon Dave will come to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

I went to David Gilmour last year in Wroclaw. Standing was the only tickets available - it was open air in a square near the University. I stood for almost 4 hours, and had no problem.

And....the ticket cost 100 Zloty's ( sp?). That equates to about €22.50. And believe me, worth every cent.

Now that would be nice, too!

Managed to get 2 x standing tickets for the Wednesday show there a short while ago. What a clusterfcuk of a sale that was but finally got what I wanted. Im not a fan of sitting at gigs so dont think I would have went otherwise. Thanks to the posters who sent me pre sale codes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

General sale started this morning it seems ,still loads of seats left .
    Standing available too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Zardoz wrote: »
    General sale started this morning it seems ,still loads of seats left .
    Standing available too

I would definitely go for a seat. I had a standing ticket last time, couldn't get over the amount of very young scangers and doing beer/toilet runs. Really different audience profile than what you'd think!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

I would definitely go for a seat. I had a standing ticket last time, couldn't get over the amount of very young scangers and doing beer/toilet runs. Really different audience profile than what you'd think!

Ageism is alive and well :p:p

Tickets for the 26th arrived today.
    That was quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Alas, I doubt it. That's why I flew to Poland for the Gig

Alas, I doubt it. That's why I flew to Poland for the Gig

Ah look, if there's money to be made aren't The Pink Floyd the best in the business?? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Hasn't played Ireland for 32 years now, can't see him deciding to come now.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Ah look, if there's money to be made aren't The Pink Floyd the best in the business?? :p

In fairness to David Gilmour, my ticket cost the equivalent of €22.50 ( approx.). It actually cost 100 ZL.

So, it can never be said the ticket cost a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

In fairness to David Gilmour, my ticket cost the equivalent of €22.50 ( approx.). It actually cost 100 ZL.

So, it can never be said the ticket cost a lot.

My first ticket cost me £7.50 :):) albeit was nearly 34 years ago. There is absolutely no reason why he has never returned. Although his version of Floyd were due to play Dublin in 1988 but cancelled due to low ticket sales and maybe this is the reason.

37962396931_e57fac5156.jpg

Floyds 1988 concert was due to be held in the RDS showjumping grounds.
    It was cancelled as there was a horse show meeting that conflicted with the gig.
    Although they were several days apart, there were issues with the length of time involved with erecting and taking down the stage.
    The cancellation had nothing to do with low ticket sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

poundhound wrote: »
    The cancellation had nothing to do with low ticket sales.

Off the back of one of the worst albums ever released by a major band.

• Advertisement

The Nal wrote: »

That may be so, but the fact remains, the gig wasn't cancelled because of ticket sales.

Also of note is that Gilmour tends to play "beautiful venues" such as the a Royal Albert Hall, Pompeii, Hollywood bowl etc to enhance the audiences experience. Not sure Ireland has such a venue, hence the reason he hasn't played here in so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

That may be so, but the fact remains, the gig wasn't cancelled because of ticket sales.

Also of note is that Gilmour tends to play "beautiful venues" such as the a Royal Albert Hall, Pompeii, Hollywood bowl etc to enhance the audiences experience. Not sure Ireland has such a venue, hence the reason he hasn't played here in so long.
    The bord Gais theatre is superb. We are lucky the creative force of Pink Floyd continues to play here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

There are two sides to every story. I had bought my ticket for the 88 concert and I had heard rumours of cancellation well before it was officially cancelled and ticket sales were mentioned. When it was officially cancelled fans were quizing why. When the news about the venue being busy, people wanted to know why another date could not be arranged. Personally I think this is one of the reasons why Gilmour has never returned here in almost 34 years.

The last tour was because of nice venues, what were the excuses for the on an island tour?

And that album was......?

I have often wondered why Smithfield in Dublin has never been used as a venue? I have only ever seen it from travelling into/out of Dublin on the Luas, but it looks perfect.

I remember years ago I went to see Mike Oldfield on a riverbank in Macroom ( iirc) - also very unique.

I have often wondered why Smithfield in Dublin has never been used as a venue? I have only ever seen it from travelling into/out of Dublin on the Luas, but it looks perfect.

I remember years ago I went to see Mike Oldfield on a riverbank in Macroom ( iirc) - also very unique.

I saw the Manic Street Preachers there in 01 or 02. I think the residents put an end to gigs there

I saw the Manic Street Preachers there in 01 or 02. I think the residents put an end to gigs there

What a pity ( I was living in South Africa then, so was unaware of any gigs having being played in Smithfield ).

However, the Gig for David Gilmour I went to in Wroclaw last year was also in a city centre square, surrounded by residencies. Wroclaw ( from what I gather ) was relying on this gig to bring in thousands of tourists and to spend a lot of money all year. David played until 01h15 in the morning & I remember asking a Pole beside me was it ok to be playing so late. Of course He replied.

Here? 5 minutes over the allotted time ( which I believe is 23h00 ), and people are having a fit. he couldn't believe that.

Also must be a great country awash with money, when people power reject (+-) 80,000 people for 5 nights in Croker.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

And that album was......?

Momentary Lapse of Reason. An embarraasment for all concerned.

Is Gilmour touring next summer? I really ought to go out of my way to see him.

• Advertisement

Momentary Lapse of Reason. An embarraasment for all concerned.

According to You maybe. I didn't think it was bad at all.

Advertisement