Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greystones declared a rent pressure zone

• 21-09-2017 9:27am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Interesting to see that Greystones has now been declared a "rent pressure zone" due to the exceptional rent increases:

https://www.google.ie/amp/www.rte.ie/amp/905978/

I love Greystones, but I can't fathom why some are prepared to pay the extortionate rents that are applied to some of the properties in the area when there are far cheaper rents available in comparable properties a short distance away. Paying these rates fuels future price hikes and makes saving for a deposit impossible for so many. /Rant

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Sign of the times I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭CaoimheSquee

2011 wrote: »
    Interesting to see that Greystones has now been declared a "rent pressure zone" due to the exceptional rent increases:

https://www.google.ie/amp/www.rte.ie/amp/905978/

I love Greystones, but I can't fathom why some are prepared to pay the extortionate rents that are applied to some of the properties in the area when there are far cheaper rents available in comparable properties a short distance away. Paying these rates fuels future price hikes and makes saving for a deposit impossible for so many. /Rant

Because it's a nice place to live and still doable as a commute for Dublin city centre.
    Also you do get a bit more bang for your buck in that what we pay gives up a nice bit of space in a quiet area with lots of amenities.
    Anywhere further away again in the surrounding areas means less public transport options and being totally reliant on a car.
    Also Greystones has an awful lot to offer (sports, beach, theatre, restaurants etc.)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Because it's a nice place to live and still doable as a commute for Dublin city centre.
    Also you do get a bit more bang for your buck in that what we pay gives up a nice bit of space in a quiet area with lots of amenities.
    Anywhere further away again in the surrounding areas means less public transport options and being totally reliant on a car.
    Also Greystones has an awful lot to offer (sports, beach, theatre, restaurants etc.)

It's a lovely spot, I agree 100%
    I enjoy many of the amenities, I must admit.
    Great for those that are happy to pay the rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭mrbrianj

2011 wrote: »
    It's a lovely spot, I agree 100%
    I enjoy many of the amenities, I must admit.
    Great for those that are happy to pay the rent.

Thats the way of the world. You get what you pay for. The more fashionable or convenient a place is and demand will eat up supply and price will be driven up.

The killer is if you have kids in schools or even just friends in one area.

The "market" does not concern itself with peoples need to save, only their need to spend

Advertisement