Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rat breeders in Dublin?

Options
  • 21-09-2017 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi all,

I'm trying to find a reputable breeder to get my first pet rats and I'm finding it very difficult!

My ideal would have been to adopt a couple of rescue rats but it looks like the only rat rescue place in Ireland (Bea's) doesn't exist anymore despite being the first hit on google!

Looking at the Bongo Fury website, they're a breeder that only sell to breeders (?). So... Can anyone point me in the direction of a breeder that sells to non-breeding owners??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Latatian

Try contacting Bongo Fury and ask. Looking at the website it looks like they sell rats *to breed* only to established breeders.

At least that's the way I read this: "All kittens are sold under pet only contract unless otherwise expressly stated. We only sell to approved breeding homes - where the breeder is either long established, or is under the guidance and mentorship of a long established breeder. Please don't ask us if you don't fit these categories - as refusal often offends."

They also say they get in rescues sometimes and to ask them about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Meelah wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm trying to find a reputable breeder to get my first pet rats and I'm finding it very difficult!

My ideal would have been to adopt a couple of rescue rats but it looks like the only rat rescue place in Ireland (Bea's) doesn't exist anymore despite being the first hit on google!

Looking at the Bongo Fury website, they're a breeder that only sell to breeders (?). So... Can anyone point me in the direction of a breeder that sells to non-breeding owners??

I can assure you Bongo Fury don't only sell to breeders ;) If you can travel, they are the breeders to go to, without question. AND she takes in rats off people who can't care for them any more and will rehome them, so there's a good chance she'll have a pair of rescue ratties looking for homes too! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

Have you tried the Irish fancy rat group on Facebook ? Often people are rehoming on there.. also if you would like to send me your details I can keep you posted if I hear of anything .. we do small animal boarding and I'm often contacted about pets that need to be rehomed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Flibble

Bongo Fury have wound down their breeding for the moment due to personal reasons, she put a notice up on her facebook iirc.

If you contact her though I'm sure she'd be able to point you in the direction of someone- I'd trust her recommendation :)

Advertisement