Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foreign Credit Check

Options
  • 21-09-2017 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CreativeSen

I am in the process of mortgage application. I lived in the US from 2011-2016. I had to supply a Credit Check with score from "Equifax or equivalent".

I also had to supply bank statements and credit card statements from my US bank account despite the fact that they were all closed in 2016 when i left.

We applied to PTSB and AIB and they both required these.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I think this is fairly standard, if you're from another country (or lived in another country for some time), most banks will require a credit check from there. This is not something a bank would provide, it's done via Equifax, experian, etc or in some countries there are local institutions that provide this. I had to do this too, it's annoying and kind of a waste of money, but what can you do.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

If you've lived in the UK for over 9 months in the last 5 years- you are also required to get an Equifax report (same as for the US). Once you've been resident here over 5 years- it is not normally any longer a requirement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭c6ysaphjvqw41k

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement