Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eire Computers - anyone hear of them?

Options
  • 21-09-2017 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

Mate is looking to getting a PC off Eire Computers. I'd usually go the build route, but I'm not in country for the next year at least, and he wants a warranty on it, should anything go wrong.

A few red flags;
    https://www.eirecomputers.ie/contact/ lists the address as
    Unit 118a Grange Hill
    Baldoyle, Dublin 13
    Ireland
    but can't find a Grange Hill in Baldoyle with the Google Maps.

Not finding it on https://search.cro.ie/company/CompanySearch.aspx or http://www.solocheck.ie

Searching it on Google gave me this which lists the address as
    Unit 118a, Baldoyle Industrial Estate
    Baldoyle,
    Dublin 13,
    D13 RF25,
    Ireland

Which VERY BIZARRELY links me to https://goo.gl/maps/kKoM2nE6zGC2 which is a fcuking carpark. Right next to Unit 118A Grange Hill, which is a printing company.

OSI.ie lists the road the same as Google maps.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Is it legit? Not being able to find the address is odd.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

the_syco wrote: »
    Which VERY BIZARRELY links me to https://goo.gl/maps/kKoM2nE6zGC2 which is a fcuking carpark. Right next to Unit 118A Grange Hill, which is a printing company.

This may well be where it is, the streetview images are from 2009. Nothing on vision net, 118a grange hill shows Baldoyle Print Ltd only. Could your friend call round to suss out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Don't think there's any real reason to be overly suspicious based on that as Google Street View are from 2010.

If your mate really wants to buy in Ireland maybe buy from Dell. They have some OK offers on Inspiron gaming desktops at the moment and their service is excellent.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

A couple of reviews of them here:

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/eirecomputers.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

The fact that the site was only set up this year, the contact is a mobile, looks like a basic wordpress template and it doesn't give enough information on the site I would steer clear. Much better off with the likes of overclockers/scan etc in the uk.
    The coming soon bit on some pages says it all. This just sounds like someone doing what people on adverts.ie do and build pc's to make a few extra €€€ on the side. I highly doubt its legit/paying taxes etc and even if you did get the equipment you paid for, I would be wary about any warranty issues. Most likely this person just orders pc parks from overclockers etc, builds the pc and adds a builders tax on top. (This is not to say for certain that its not a legitimate site but the risks out way the rewards).

Also the reviews posted by all single review reviewers, this would have me wary by itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Don't think there's any real reason to be overly suspicious based on that as Google Street View are from 2010.
    I'm more suspicious that the address that they say on their website doesn't seem to exist, that the marker on Google maps is a carpark.
    If your mate really wants to buy in Ireland maybe buy from Dell. They have some OK offers on Inspiron gaming desktops at the moment and their service is excellent.
    Mate needs something for audio production, mainly ProTools version 11, along with Superior Drumming, and other synth plugins, that has Thunderbolt connections, and most importantly runs very quite. Mate would prefer it setup already, and not have to take apart the machine to reconnect the fans with rubber screws to quieten their vibration noise, etc. But shall look at Dell.

Checking on here, on the off chance that he was one of the established builders that post here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

the_syco wrote: »

Checking on here, on the off chance that he was one of the established builders that post here.

Why won't he get the parts and you build it for him? As far as I remember you built one for yourself some time ago?
    Or of help is needed, get the parts and I can come and help if you're still around Leixlip.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

twinsen wrote: »
    Why won't he get the parts and you build it for him? As far as I remember you built one for yourself some time ago?
    Or of help is needed, get the parts and I can come and help if you're still around Leixlip.

OP isn't in the country

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

drake70 wrote: »
    OP isn't in the country

Oh, I must have missed that bit. I guess they could get laptop with a thunderbolt port?

twinsen wrote: »
    In Toronto atm. He's looking for a machine ready to go, and one that can be fixed by the shop should issues arise. Advising him to avoid this place, as the non-existent address is a red flag that I cannot ignore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I don't get this 'non-existant' address bit? The address is a real address. The Google Maps image is years out of date but on street view you can clearly see a '118A' address on the shop frontage of one of the units on the corner which the company says it is now based.

• Advertisement

I don't get this 'non-existant' address bit? The address is a real address. The Google Maps image is years out of date but on street view you can clearly see a '118A' address on the shop frontage of one of the units on the corner which the company says it is now based.
    From https://www.eirecomputers.ie/contact/
    EIRE Computers

Unit 118a Grange Hill
    Baldoyle, Dublin 13
    Ireland
    Email: sales@eirecomputers.ie
    Phone: 0879542125
    Google Maps and OSI.ie list the street that 118a is on as Grange Drive. I acknowledge that I could be missing something, but I can't seem to find a "118a Grange Hill".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

BALDOYLE PRINT LIMITED
    UNIT 118A
    GRANGE HILL
    BALDOYLE INDUSTRIAL ESTATE
    DUBLIN 13
    D13 RF25

It has an eircode so it exists

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Doktor

Hey there, I work for EIRE Computers, The address is legit alright! We share a building with Baldoyle Print, We moved the marker into the car park in front as it was too close to Baldoyle Print! If you email or call us, links on site which I can't post because I am a new user! I can explain further! Also, the road name was changed to Grange Hill sometime this year due to confusion with deliveries locally!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Best of luck with the business. We are a little jumpy with new Irish PC businesses here. A lot of people come here after being burned by lack of customer support from previous establishments. Manage to keep on top of that and ye will have done better than most :)

Advertisement