Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vintage Radios - Bray

Options
  • 21-09-2017 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm enquiring for a relative, who has very little information, but it might mean something to someone here.

I'm looking to see if a shop in Bray is still in business, which used to stock and sell vintage and classic radio sets. I don't have a name and can only tell you it was on the way in to town on the Dublin side

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Dont think it is still there

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Dont think it is still there

Cheers, do you know what it was called to see if it rings a bell with her?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Cheers, do you know what it was called to see if it rings a bell with her?

Im not sure what shop this was. Perhaps Dickers on the main street which is now closed. Everest music on Dublin road could be a possibility http://www.everestmusic.com/

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

I would say it was Dickers shop on Bray Main Street, Unfortunately Mr. Dicker has passed away and the shop is closed. Mrs Dicker still lives over the shop as far as I know.

37333537971_066b75d19d_c.jpgDickers by Pixbyjohn, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

His son, Noel is in the audio/visual business based in bray

https://www.facebook.com/dickersound/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Thanks everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Advertisement