Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for TCD mature student application

Options
  • 21-09-2017 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi Everyone,

I would like to study Law and Business in Trinity next year. I will be applying as a mature student. I have decided to repeat my Leaving Cert this year. Also to help my application I have started doing short online courses related to the course I will be applying for. I need advice on whether it's better to repeat my leaving cert and keep doing the short courses or do a PLC course?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DeeAvery

The Leaving Cert is pointless unless you plan to apply through the CAO with points. Or you feel you wouldn't be strong enough a student to do a higher education course.

They will be looking at your application to see if you are capable of higher education. Doing an university access course or a Lower level course in a related area would be more beneficial in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Basscon22

I agree with DeeAvery. I don’t think the leaving cert would be beneficial to you, unless you’re aiming to obtain the necessary points for course through the CAO.

An access course or PLC course (in my opinion) would strengthen your application for mature entry. Especially if you were able to take modules that relate to the course ie, business, law. Would showcase your interest and academic ability.

Perhaps contact the college directly and ask them for advice, I’m sure they would be more then glad to help. Also, consider attending the open day so you have a chance to meet the faculty.

Advertisement