Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pretty pointless

Options
  • 21-09-2017 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

I'm a new Eir customer. I logged in online and saw I was signed up for marketing correspondence. 
    Marketing preferences: 
    Please contact customer care via Chat if you need to change your details

Phone
    Direct mail
    Email
    SMS
    Face to face

Contact customer care via Chat
    or 1890 260 260

So I figured I'd update the preferences. 

Here is a transcript of the chat..
    Welcome to eir webchat. How can I help you today?
    You[15:40:43] hi.. can you change my marketing preferences.. i dont want to receive any marketing correspondence
    Vignesh[15:40:57] Are you a meteor customer?
    You[15:41:53] no
    You[15:41:55] eir
    Vignesh[15:42:07] As we've limited access, I would request you to contact our customer care team on this free number 1901. They will surely help you with this.

Pretty pointless, eh? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Tenigate wrote: »
    I'm a new Eir customer. I logged in online and saw I was signed up for marketing correspondence. 
    Marketing preferences: 

Phone
    Direct mail
    Email
    SMS
    Face to face

or 1890 260 260

You[15:40:43] hi.. can you change my marketing preferences.. i dont want to receive any marketing correspondence
    Vignesh[15:42:07] As we've limited access, I would request you to contact our customer care team on this free number 1901. They will surely help you with this.

Pretty pointless, eh? 
    Hi Tenigate,

Thanks for getting in touch. Can you PM me your account number and full name please?

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Shuttle666

Tenigate wrote: »
    Marketing preferences: 

Phone
    Direct mail
    Email
    SMS
    Face to face

or 1890 260 260

Pretty pointless, eh? 
    Welcome to eir, yes Chat is completely pointless.  At which point you think email is the answer and try canwehelp@ and then you wait several days for an answer that is not just pointless, but makes it perfectly clear the whole object is to give any senseless response request a peice of information you already provided, which allow them to close the query, and you start all over again.

Advertisement