Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane 2018?

Options
  • 21-09-2017 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭

Do you think Slane will go ahead in 2018 and, if so, who would you like to see there?

Will there be a Slane in 2018? 18 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    66% 12 votes
    No idea
    33% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

have it feeling it will go ahead and will be one of these headliners

The Rolling Stones
    U2
    Pearl Jam
    Foo Fighters

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

If it does happen I'll say Rolling Stones. If U2 your next year they might wait until winter 2018 or summer 2019 for Europe.

eldest200 wrote: »
    If U2 your next year they might wait until winter 2018 or summer 2019 for Europe.

I think the SOE will be using a similar stage to the I&E tour and will be an arena tour but they could easily decide to do a one off Slane show on the tour instead of doing arenas here

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

I think the SOE will be using a similar stage to the I&E tour and will be an arena tour but they could easily decide to do a one off Slane show on the tour instead of doing arenas here.

It's possible they did the same for 2001. They played arenas in Europe and a one off in Slane. I think it might be too early since they played here this year.

eldest200 wrote: »
    It's possible they did the same for 2001. They played arenas in Europe and a one off in Slane. I think it might be too early since they played here this year.

I reached my u2 point I'd say after this year and the I&E tour and not too pushed about seeing them on there next tour tbh. The setlists were wonderful the 2 times i saw them and could not of asked for better. Plus the u2 maniacs that come to shows here and the price of tickets would put me off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If we can get survival tablets till next year maybe Van Halen ha ha. :D:D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Stephen Gately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

AnneFrank wrote: »
    Stephen Gately

He's been dead for eight years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jsms88

If the rumours are true that the Stones were ready to sign on the dotted line for Croker this summer but didn't in the end due to not being given the share of the pot they wanted, I'd say Slane might be a good option for them. They have officially confirmed that they'll be playing the UK next summer so here would fit in nicely for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

jsms88 wrote: »
    If the rumours are true that the Stones were ready to sign on the dotted line for Croker this summer but didn't in the end due to not being given the share of the pot they wanted, I'd say Slane might be a good option for them. They have officially confirmed that they'll be playing the UK next summer so here would fit in nicely for them.

The Stones and Foos have played there recently so would be surprised if it was them.

Would love to see Arctic Monkeys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

PTH2009 wrote: »
    have it feeling it will go ahead and will be one of these headliners

The Rolling Stones
    U2
    Pearl Jam
    Foo Fighters

Foo fighters? Only just headlined. No chance

Personally Springsteen is the only one I'd make the awful trek for

Great venue when you're in but such a pox getting in and out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jsms88

threein99 wrote: »
    The Stones and Foos have played there recently so would be surprised if it was them.

Would love to see Arctic Monkeys

Well it was 2007 the Stones last played so it'll be 11 years next summer. I think that's long enough for them to come back, particularly if there's a lack of other options around.

I don't know if Arctic Monkeys would get 80000 people out there. When they last played Ireland it was in Marley park which has capacity of only 14000.

I'd love U2 to do Slane again but I think the timings wrong for next year. They're talking about going back to arenas next year once they finish up the Joshua Tree tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

AnneFrank wrote: »
    Stephen Gately

That’s ridiculous. He hasn’t had new material in years

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'd love to see Metallica, Rammstein or Muse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

eviltwin wrote: »
    I'd love to see Metallica, Rammstein or Muse.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was Metallica at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was Metallica at all.

would be great but they've never sold more than 50k here and that's a stretch

If it's a Rock band (mostly is anyway) than I can see it being Pearl Jam. It may not sell out but would sell similar to Bon Jovi and Foo Fighters

Possible no Slane next year and they will do maybe 2 dates in 2019. All depends on who's touring really

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Foos sold out so not sure what you are getting at ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Do you think Slane will go ahead in 2018 and, if so, who would you like to see there?

Hope not, and I hope this venue dies. Wretched place and always overpriced.
    It kills me every time a half decent band I want to see play there - just means I have to head abroad to see them instead.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

No way could either Arctic Monkeys or Metallica sell out Slane both would be for Marley Park again.

If i do go to Slane again i will def camp there again like i did for Foo's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Hope not, and I hope this venue dies. Wretched place and always overpriced.
    It kills me every time a half decent band I want to see play there - just means I have to head abroad to see them instead.

In what way is it over priced ? drink prices are the same as all other out door venues as are tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Its a horrendous venue though - no doubting that. Was only manageable this year because no one turned up to the gig until GnR were on because of the rain. Before that it was great, no queues for the loos/bars etc. But once the crown finally got in it was madness again. Got home to Dublin at 3am.

It would want to be some band to get me to go there.

GnR was one of the gigs of the year though. Well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

jsms88 wrote: »
    Well it was 2007 the Stones last played so it'll be 11 years next summer. I think that's long enough for them to come back, particularly if there's a lack of other options around.

I don't know if Arctic Monkeys would get 80000 people out there. When they last played Ireland it was in Marley park which has capacity of only 14000.

I'd love U2 to do Slane again but I think the timings wrong for next year. They're talking about going back to arenas next year once they finish up the Joshua Tree tour.

Pretty sure arctic monkeys had close to 40,000 at marlay park but either way can't see them being big enough for slane though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

s8n wrote: »
    Foos sold out so not sure what you are getting at ?

Foos didn't sell out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

washiskin wrote:
    is that pointing to the funding page set up before the last GE? Didn't that spark off the great UP uprising?

kg703 wrote:
    Its a horrendous venue though - no doubting that. Was only manageable this year because no one turned up to the gig until GnR were on because of the rain. Before that it was great, no queues for the loos/bars etc. But once the crown finally got in it was madness again. Got home to Dublin at 3am.

When you are in and the band is on stage its an amazing venue. Not many venues like it from a viewing point of view.

Never really got the queues for the jacks though plenty if ditches around.

Advertisement