Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Ireland AGM 2017

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

benneca1 wrote: »
    This is the type of comment that makes me despair. There are two types of cyclists those that have had a spill and those that will. If i am in a group and someone clips my wheel and brings me down ill give him her a bollicking but sue Never. God i hope i never meet you on a cycle ive been at this for 50 years and such utter bollix ive never heard. HTFU or take up a low risk sport like lawn bowls. Good God what claptrap

Wow. Quite the tough nut and blinkered view you have of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭benneca1

Very illuminating and well though out argument I apologise for my ignorance. I was taken down by  a newbie during the Summer usual stuff off work for a few days and fair bit of fixing on bike. I think I will sue the club for not having a written training programme for new cyclists before letting them out with the rest of us. Seeing as CI wont cover it the club committee will have to cover it if I win. In that scenario who would be a club chair. We need to be careful what we wish for.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭buffalo

cornet wrote: »
    Any surplus? €295,000-€104,000 = €191,000.

Just to correct this - the statement was that the premium would rise by €104k.

2016 premium was €315k, so we're talking €419k for a premium minimum (no figures for 2017) against claims in 2016 for €500k. It doesn't seem unreasonable to me, but any corrections welcome.

Advertisement