Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving school after Junior Cert?

Options
  • 21-09-2017 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm planning on leaving school after JC (parents are agreeing of course). How does it work though, do you have to say before the holidays that you won't be returning or can you leave/stay after you've gotten your JC results?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Do you mind me asking why you're leaving so early? It's going to be really tough to find a job with just a junior cert. Not trying to judge or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rbarr202

Do you mind me asking why you're leaving so early? It's going to be really tough to find a job with just a junior cert. Not trying to judge or anything.

To study abroad over in the UK. Course starts Oct-Nov and was looking for options whether I can leave and come back if my JC results aren't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 1983ish

I don't understand why more people your age aren't doing the same. Life experience will always stand to you. If it doesn't work out you can always go back and study. Fair play to you and good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

If you are simply moving from education in one sphere to education in another it shouldn't be an issue, but your parents will have to discuss it with the school.

If it is not for a change in education style, I'd advise against it. I'm involved in a retail business and simply would not consider a cv from someone that finished their education at junior cert.

Think hard at the advantages / disadvantages. So many more options are open to you with completion of leaving cert and you'd be surprised how much you'll change yourself in the 2/3 years.

Advertisement