Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brian Cookson is no more...

Options
  • 21-09-2017 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭

Napoleon has taken the reigns. Wait for the long March against Russia that will ensue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

And the vote wasn't even close. 37-8 against Cookson.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Eamonnator wrote: »

No, it was 37-8 in favour of real change. Or so time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,398 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »

Yeh right

Yeh right

Well, the new fella actually speaks French so he can actually get by in the country in which he will now reside unlike the last two!

I am taking a great leap on assuming that neither of the other two spoke French!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭mcgratheoin

Isn't that what we said when Cookson was elected?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Redfence74

I think a slightly over weight fred from Ireland should take charge

Exactly! My post was written with a wry smile on my face. I can't believe that hasn't come across in print!

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fishfoodie

I don't think there were too many investing too much hope in Cookson; it was, as I recall, pointed out on numerous occasions that he sat at the UCI top table, & didn't make any fuss when all the crap was going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Redfence74 wrote: »
    I think a slightly over weight fred from Ireland should take charge

No thanks, I don't want the job,

Yours sincerely,

S.O. Fred.

fishfoodie wrote: »
    I don't think there were too many investing too much hope in Cookson; it was, as I recall, pointed out on numerous occasions that he sat at the UCI top table, & didn't make any fuss when all the crap was going on.

Not to mention he was more of an anyone but Pat type of candidate.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

everyone deserves a second chance. a pity no-one has given pat that opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

Well, the new fella actually speaks French so he can actually get by in the country in which he will now reside unlike the last two!

I am taking a great leap on assuming that neither of the other two spoke French!

You can get by in Switzerland without speaking French. I know a few people living and working there who only speak English. It's a multilingual country and their dialects of French and German are quite different.

nak wrote: »
    You can get by in Switzerland without speaking French. I know a few people living and working there who only speak English. It's a multilingual country and their dialects of French and German are quite different.

I was being facetious. I'm not that ignorant.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Macy0161

No idea about the new guy, but Cookson was useless, and as it turned out just as compromised as Pat. Shows the danger of an "anyone but" candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭lissard

ASO seemed pretty happy with Lappartient getting elected. Prudhomme wouldn't say if he voted for him but absolutely delighted with his win.

For this reason I can't see this guy upsetting the status quo. ASO will continue to make the majority of the money in pro cycling and the teams will live from year to year. If they ever get around to buying RCS the sport will be 100% under the control of a monopoly.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,430 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Heard something about Lappartient looking to put in place a new Honorary role, along the lines of Hein previously, with a certain Irishman's name being mentioned (and not a Kelly or a Roche)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

He's already announced the removal of the TTT from the world's. An event which saw no French team turn up for. Hmm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Beasty wrote: »
    Heard something about Lappartient looking to put in place a new Honorary role, along the lines of Hein previously, with a certain Irishman's name being mentioned (and not a Kelly or a Roche)

A certain Irishman will have no part in any such role.
    https://twitter.com/dnlbenson/status/910852352399282176

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Could we try and nominate a different Irishman the next time. I think Morana would be a great candidate (except for nattering on about some other sport in the UK with red jerseys).

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,430 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

CramCycle wrote: »
    Could we try and nominate a different Irishman the next time. I think Morana would be a great candidate (except for nattering on about some other sport in the UK with red jerseys).
    Wouldn't touch him with a bargepole

Guess if it provides him all expenses paid lodgings in the Swiss Alps I may not need to mind. In fact he could take that other scouser with him......:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭mp31

No thanks, I don't want the job,

Yours sincerely,

S.O. Fred.

I'd love to do the job,

Yours even more sincerely

Another S.O. Fred.

PS: When can I start and is there cake in the staff canteen?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fishfoodie

CramCycle wrote: »

For a brief moment I had a vision of Kimmage being offered a role in UCI ...

then I took my pills, & the madness passed :D

It would be hilarious, & ultimately much more entertaining than the TdF we got this year, watching Kimmage going thru UCI like an atomic powered tornado :eek:

Advertisement