Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Networks shut off

Options
  • 21-09-2017 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

I just got a sms message from Gas Networks asking me to shut the gas at the meter box.
    And I just saw this sponsored thread:

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057789452

So, go and shut your gas off immediately!

Cheers.

Lucianot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

428537.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Basically its an over reaction.
    The only danger is if you have a gas leak there is a possibility that you wont smell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭lucianot

According to the information they have provided, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭smurf492

Basically its an over reaction. The only danger is if you have a gas leak there is a possibility that you wont smell it.

Im guessing sarcasm,!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Genuine question, do many estates have gas lines? Is it more a city centre thing or a new estate thing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭lucianot

I do not know how many, but in Roscam most are connected to the gas network.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Assuming that most city centre restaurants cook with gas - I wonder how many of them will be closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Genuine question, do many estates have gas lines? Is it more a city centre thing or a new estate thing?

I was wondering that too- I've lived in three different locations around west/north city and never had gas piped into house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Friday, 22nd September Update: 17.40h Galway city to include Oranmore, Salthill and Claregalway safe to resume using gas. Gort, Loughrea, Craughwell and Ballinasloe, whose gas supply was uninterrupted throughout, remain unaffected by this issue and may continue to use gas.*
    Towns remaining affected: Tuam, Headford, Ballinrobe, Claremorris, Castlebar, Westport, Crossmolina and Ballina.
    Gas Networks Ireland wishes to advise that customers in Galway city, to include Oranmore and Salthill, and Claregalway, are now safe to resume using their natural gas supply.
    Customers in these specific areas may now turn gas on at the meter and return to normal use. Customers should ensure all appliances are switched off prior to turning your gas supply on. Further instructions on how to do this are available at www.gasnetworks.ie/home/safety/turn-gas-on-and-off/.
    Gas Networks Ireland crews continue to work on the remaining affected areas to remove the odourless gas from the network. Our primary objective is to restore gas to all affected customers in the Galway and Mayo regions as quickly as possible, while ensuring at all times that safety is our first priority.
    New information in relation to the resumption of gas to other affected areas, as the result of this incident, will be advised as soon as they become available. Customers with any concerns may contact our Customer Care line on 1850 200 694. Customers who suspect a gas leak or smell gas in any part of the country should always call our 24 hour emergency line on 1850 20 50 50.
    Gas Networks Ireland apologises to customers for any inconvenience caused by these measures. While the risk is low, safety is our first priority in operating the network.
    Further updates will be issued when available. 

Advertisement