Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with LCA

Options
  • 21-09-2017 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭

Any ideas on how to approach this? Am only subbing in a school and have an LCA class for a practical.subject. There's 3 guys on particular who make it very difficult to teach as they're winding each other up. It's not the first time I've had LCA and I actually usually find them lovely. Had a dream class last year for the same subject. But these three take the biscuit. One has mild tourettes so the cursing can be a bit ott but that actually doesn't bother me. I was warned He also has a emotional behaviour disorder so I'm not sure how far I can go with disciplining him. Today though I actually felt unsafe during the practical class as it's impossible to.get around to everyone else and watch these lads at the same time. I'm hoping the job turns into something more so reluctant to say it to mgt but is there anything I can do? Any advice greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

Any ideas on how to approach this? Am only subbing in a school and have an LCA class for a practical.subject. There's 3 guys on particular who make it very difficult to teach as they're winding each other up. It's not the first time I've had LCA and I actually usually find them lovely. Had a dream class last year for the same subject. But these three take the biscuit. One has mild tourettes so the cursing can be a bit ott but that actually doesn't bother me. I was warned He also has a emotional behaviour disorder so I'm not sure how far I can go with disciplining him. Today though I actually felt unsafe during the practical class as it's impossible to.get around to everyone else and watch these lads at the same time. I'm hoping the job turns into something more so reluctant to say it to mgt but is there anything I can do? Any advice greatly appreciated!

My advice is to talk to the LCA coordinator or year head for advice. If these guys are difficult for you they're difficult for everyone, maybe just less so.

I think hiding it from 'management' is not the way to go. If the **** hits the fan the kids will turn on you and being nice and not reporting it up the line will count for nothing.

If the principal, or whoever, doesn't want to know about it and support you with one tough class it says a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭doc_17

That's what management are there for. Use them.

Advertisement