Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Wifi vs PS4 Pro (incl. 2.4/5G)

Options
  • 21-09-2017 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've always had poor wifi speeds on my PS4, even if I have other devices beside getting much higher speeds, and I've tried moving it around. Still weak signal. I've been concerned about it's capability since I got it and after searching online, so are many others.

All of the devices around me use 5G wireless now, except the PS4. Has anyone else found this, have you tried testing the PS4/pro wifi? Perhaps it's not the 2.4/5G capability, maybe it's chip variation/quality?

I'm seriously thinking about trading up my PS4 for a Pro partially for better wifi alone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hi all,

I've always had poor wifi speeds on my PS4, even if I have other devices beside getting much higher speeds, and I've tried moving it around. Still weak signal. I've been concerned about it's capability since I got it and after searching online, so do many others.

All of the devices around me use 5G wireless now, except the PS4. Has anyone else found this, have you tried testing the PS4/pro wifi? Perhaps it's not the 2.4/5G capability, maybe it's chip variation/quality?

I'm seriously thinking about trading up my PS4 for a Pro partially for better wifi alone.

Use homeplugs. It'll be cheaper than a Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If home plugs aren't possible due to wiring or interference you can use a wireless bridge.

Some normal routers have it as an option as do most WiFi access points and extenders. 20-30 tplink cable router would do it.

You'd plug the PS4 via ethernet into it then connect it to the WiFi network maybe in a better location for signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

The PS4 Pro and PS4 Slim both support 2.4Ghz/5Ghz but the original PS4 only supports 2.4Ghz.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

No matter what your DL speeds are still going to be crap on the PS, its just how Sony are in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Might help for PS Now or PS Vue though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement