Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officer 2017 Campaign

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 punkerrandboy

thanks for that very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Just doing a checklist of paperwork:

o Photo ID (passport and drivers licence should suffice to reach 100 points)

o Three passport photographs

o Original education and qualification parchments and photocopies

o Original work references and photocopies

o Current Employer Details (fill in "N/A" if not currently in employment).

o Health Form

o Vetting Form

Did I miss anything?

Deadline for selecting Local Government preferred skills is tomorrow Wednesday 6th December.

It's a simple form.

Six potential skills to rank in order of preference.

If you aren't interested in a skill and don't wish to pursue it, don't give it a ranking.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Sophia27

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to go into detail here but I found the presentation very straightforward, as did other people I spoke to. You are given a situation where there are two possible courses of action. You have to recommend one and back up your reason for choosing your selected one. Once you've put a bit of thought into it and can stand over your decision you should be grand. Numerical and verbal were very similar to the original test. Found the interview the hardest, mine was 52 mins long, dont know if I did well enough tbh. Just a word of warning, it's a gruelling day from 9-5, so be very well rested and take breaks/fresh air between the various assessments. The mental fatigue by the end of the day might have a negative impact on the reasoning tests if you're doing them last. Good luck everyone.

Well done! I found the presentation the most difficult. It was at the end of the long day and I think my brain wasn't at its best! I didn't do well in that. Time flew for me when reviewing the info. Best of luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Sophia27

Bella1978 wrote: »
    Hi all, I did the interview day last week. Everything was going relatively well, until the maths test which was one of the last things I did on the day. It's a long day and I just kiddof lost it by the time the maths test came. I feel like I did really badly on it - at least considerably worse than at home.

If you do really well in everything else and then do badly in one part are you automatically out or do they take everything into consideration. I think I know the answer already, but would welcome people's thoughts...

Remember with the maths you just need the minimum to qualify. They don't count any extra towards your scores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Bella1978

Thanks Sophia, I had forgotten that actually. That makes me feel a bit better. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Chocolate Teapot

Does anybody know how the interview, tests and presentation are weighted in terms of final score for ranking on panel? Are they all equally important or is the interview the big one?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Colli_Flower86

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to go into detail here but I found the presentation very straightforward, as did other people I spoke to. You are given a situation where there are two possible courses of action. You have to recommend one and back up your reason for choosing your selected one. Once you've put a bit of thought into it and can stand over your decision you should be grand. Numerical and verbal were very similar to the original test. Found the interview the hardest, mine was 52 mins long, dont know if I did well enough tbh. Just a word of warning, it's a gruelling day from 9-5, so be very well rested and take breaks/fresh air between the various assessments. The mental fatigue by the end of the day might have a negative impact on the reasoning tests if you're doing them last. Good luck everyone.

I realise it's a bit late, but I'm currently stressing about trying to get to Chapter House on time tomorrow. Does anyone know how long before our first task we should be there?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 neilie22

I realise it's a bit late, but I'm currently stressing about trying to get to Chapter House on time tomorrow. Does anyone know how long before our first task we should be there?

15 mins before first task was recommended to me. Give plenty of time for traffic - it was very slow driving in.

I'd aim for 15 minutes before the first task at the latest just to give yourswlf enough time to give your documents in at the desk and collect yourself, but that's really for your own benefit so you're not going in flustered/rushed. It only took them a minute to take my docs etc but there was nobody queuing in front of me. Go straight to the lift on your left hand side when you go in the front door and go to level one. Once you get to level 1 there's a reception desk, that's where you hand in your docs and the waiting area before you're called is also there. Good luck!

• Advertisement

Thanks guys. I was aiming for about 20 minutes beforehand but was worried it might not be enough time. I'm so nervous!

Thanks guys. I was aiming for about 20 minutes beforehand but was worried it might not be enough time. I'm so nervous!

Best of luck with it! The staff in PAS are so nice and helpful, from the people on the reception to the people who bring you to the interview, and the interviewers. They all make an effort to really put you at ease. You'll feel much better when you get there, it's not an intimidating environment at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭evancunny95

Anyone heard back from PAS yet regarding a date for the IGEES interview. Getting very close to christmas now and some of us have to book flights to Dublin...

Today marks the end of Stage Two (Assessment Centre).

I hope that everyone does really well.

From the fellow candidates that I met in Chapter House, there's a great crop of talent out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 RubyCalypso

Does anyone have any idea of how long the results take to come out? I know the interviews etc are only finishing today but it would be nice to know when the whole thing will end :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 irishguy2017

Going by last year, it took two weeks from the time of the last interview, which would mean 22nd of December this year? One of the women supervising the tests said that we would have the results before xmas so the sooner the better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

I got mine on December 16th last year, if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 RubyCalypso

thanks guys/girls

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    Today marks the end of Stage Two (Assessment Centre).

I hope that everyone does really well.

From the fellow candidates that I met in Chapter House, there's a great crop of talent out there.

Same. I had some laughs with some fellow candidates on the day, and throughout the process everyone was really lovely. It really helped to lower my anxiety levels and put my best foot forward. Best of luck to everyone.

Hi all,

Curious to know what exactly will be known before Christmas.

Is it

i) just the reverification results

ii) the reverification, interview and presentation results.. but not yet the panel position

iii) absolutely everything - panel place, etc

• Advertisement

Hi all,

Curious to know what exactly will be known before Christmas.

Is it

i) just the reverification results

ii) the reverification, interview and presentation results.. but not yet the panel position

iii) absolutely everything - panel place, etc

No idea, but I imagine ii is the most likely option. We will probably get an updated OOM and then as people are requested from different departments they will go through the OOM to offer positions. But that's just a stab in the dark; I'm not sure at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

The results you will get after the interview, presentation and re tests will be if you were successful or unsuccessful and if successful it’ll give you a panel position

• Registered Users Posts: 12 vicrox

Anyone heard back from PAS yet regarding a date for the IGEES interview. Getting very close to christmas now and some of us have to book flights to Dublin...

I haven't heard anything back either. Hopefully we hear something back this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 baba87

vicrox wrote: »
    I haven't heard anything back either. Hopefully we hear something back this week.

Got mine now for Jan!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭pixieprincess

Hi All, I was just on to PAS, results should hopefully be out early next week and it will be Dublin based placements. Perhaps one or two spots in a large county like Cork, but overall it is a Dublin competition. Good luck all.

Hi All, I was just on to PAS, results should hopefully be out early next week and it will be Dublin based placements. Perhaps one or two spots in a large county like Cork, but overall it is a Dublin competition. Good luck all.

Hi Pixieprincess,

Were you told directly that Dublin will dominate almost 100%?

I know Dublin has most of the Government departments and the population, but you'd expect that 'regional' centres have staffing requirements also.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Sharon2017

Hi. Does anyone know what’s in store for the Local Government aspect. I did my tests in PAS last week and know the results come in Janaury but does anyone know what the next step is? I know there are 6 different schemes but I’m not sure what’s in store after this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Hi Pixieprincess,

Were you told directly that Dublin will dominate almost 100%?

I know Dublin has most of the Government departments and the population, but you'd expect that 'regional' centres have staffing requirements also.

This has been discussed many times. She just said it won't be 100%, but the vast majority will be. For the forseeable future that probably won't change.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Bella1978

This is a bit premature, but considering that the trend is for mostly Dublin positions, is anyone considering taking a position in Dublin (if offered and no position closer to home is available) and commuting long distances?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Bella1978 wrote: »
    This is a bit premature, but considering that the trend is for mostly Dublin positions, is anyone considering taking a position in Dublin (if offered and no position closer to home is available) and commuting long distances?

I could ream off a list of 15-20 people I know of- who get the train from Limerick to Dublin, Galway to Dublin or a few Cork to Dublin- daily........ You can go on the internal transfer lists after 2 years (depends on the Department) and get preference over other Departments or new staff for placement in regional locations.

Loads of people do very long commutes- I did it for several years before I got a move. Limerick/Galway/Cork- to Dublin on a daily basis- is extreme- but there are lots of people who do it. The only upside is you get first dibs on any regional posts that arise- any new starts are at the back of the queue.

Advertisement