Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards PES 2018 League - Season 1 Fixtures & Results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Beastermc

Gameweek 6
    Group B

(Stephen_Mc91) Chelsea 5-2 Nice (Theoringaljippo)

No where near as comfortable as the score suggests! 1-0 down instantly from a Courtois feck up straight to balotelli, Costa equalised, balotelli with a stunner for 2-1 (shades of his goal against Germany in the Euros!). Again Costa equalised for 2-2 at half time. Balotelli should have got his hattrick in the 2nd half with another cracker against the crossbar. Managed to hold on and Willian got the bounce of the ball after a scramble in the Nice box and finished. Nice then went on the attack and was caught on the break near the end. Very good game!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Gameweek 6

Group B

Spurs (Colemania) 4-0 Monaco (Koolhanger)

Shock result in some ways here ending Monacos fantastic unbeaten run in the league. Kane was in terrific form notching all 4 goals and could have had more. Nothing went Monacos way but good game none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭az1234

GW 7

RB Leipzig (az1234) 3-4 (Koolhanger) Monaco

Really enjoyable game despite losing! Went 4-1 down after 60 mins, then pulled 2 goals back heading into squeaky bum time! In extra time a misplaced pass left Werner one-on-one with the keeper and somehow managed to miss! Sums up Werner's overall performance for me in the league, absolutely dire!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

(Koolhanger) Monaco 6 - 1 Chelsea (Beastermc/Stephen_Mc91)

Chelsea were unfortunate and the scoreline flattered Monaco. David Luiz with a great lob finish, for an OG!

Good game, Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Beastermc

(Stephen_Mc91) Chelsea 4-0 Dortmund (wilberto99)

Scored for 1-0 just before half time. Baba Rahman, trying to make up his horror show in the Monaco game, sent in a lovely ball for Costa to glance home. Hazard and 2 more for Costa made it safe in the second half when Dortmund went on the attack. Good game.

• Advertisement

(Koolhanger) Monaco 2 - 4 Manchester United (Cienciano/Meath77)

Cracking match. United got a penalty in the first ten minutes and Glik was also sent off. It was an uphill battle from then on. United played great stuff and Monaco were only ever able to get back within touching distance before United pulled away from them again.

Best game I've been involved in, so far. It had me up off the couch with a clenched fist whenever I managed to pull one back!! Love those games :)

Well done, Cienciano. Deserved win.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Manchester United (Cienciano) 2 - 2 RB Leipzig (az1234)

Started this game and I thought something was wrong, was there lag or something. No, it's just az1234s poxy ability to read absolutely every pass I'm about to make. Leipzig went 2-0 up and man-u needed until injury time to draw level and 2 of my best goals I scored so far which I didn't save. Good game, fair result I think, we both had a few chances, RB Leipzig probably shaded it in fairness.

Remaining Fixtures

Group A

Screenshot_2017_11_03_08_36_26_1496971350.png

Group B

Screenshot_2017_11_03_08_37_04_1955126974.png

We're into the final week now! All fixtures must be played by next Friday. If this can't be done, let me know in advance.

Group B only has 4 matches remaining, excluding the Everton games, so fair play to everyone for catching up, especially Nice!

In the event that Everton does not return to the league, every team in Group B will receive a walk over and the 3 points. This will also mean that the 5th place team in Group A will receive a bye to the semi final of the Shield as they would have been due to play them.

Best of luck everyone!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Gameweek Whatever (probably 7 (too lazy to check! (Sorry!))):

Borussia Dortmund 1 - 2 Harry Kane

The hosts took far too long to get going in this game resulting in some early last ditch defending coupled with superb keeping by Burki. Unfortunately, Dortmund's resistance was broken down by two Hurricane goals within 6 minutes of each other, leaving Spurs 2 up at half time. Dortmund seemed to settle a little more in the second half, started to offer some bit of a goal threat, and finally reduced the deficit through Aubameyang, but it ultimately proved to be just a consolation despite creating a couple of opportunities for an equaliser, mainly stemming from their counter-attacking long ball football!

Good game! Shame I ruined it by being quite, quite poor in the first half! :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Inter 0-0 Napoli

A grand total of 4 shots on target the whole game. Not a classic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Napoli (AidoEirE) 1 - 3 (DuffyTJ) PSG

Decent game. PSG could have scored more or Napoli could have pulled it back closer late on once the game became more open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Inter 4-3 Atletico Madrid

Mental game. Gameiro hat trick had Atletico 3-2 up and Icardi scored 2 late goals to win it. The winner coming in the 92nd minute. Great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

Kenneth192 (Roma) 2-3 (Arsenal) Brianregan09

What a game having gone two up arsenal came back very strong, both second goals a bit suspect in the end maybe arsenal deserved it , great game alot more enjoyable when the connection is stable, good game arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Athletico Madrid 3 - 0 Roma

My 1st win after 9 defeats in a row.
    The connection was terrible for both of us having 1 bar all game. I was 1 up after 7 minutes through Saul and stayed that way until half time.
    In the 2nd half 2 quick goals in 5 minutes by Griezmann (58) and Torres (63) sealed the win.

I'm still rock bottom but delighted to win at last :D

P.S. I just notice how bad my away record is , P8 L8 :P

Nice (TheOriginalJipo) 1 - 4 RB Leipzig (az1234)

Good game, scoreline got inflated a bit with a couple of late Leipzig goals! A lucky first goal too with the Nice keeper punching the ball off one of the defenders and rebounding in for an OG!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Last Gameweek

Arsenal 2-1 Man City (manufacturedhero)

group A

Conceded practically from the kick off from some silly passing around my own half , Did alot better for the rest of the game , completed the comeback in the 2nd half through Ozil and Lacazette goals, should have been 3-1 but Ozil missed an absolute sitter , and City almost grabbed a late equalizer but luckily the bar came to my rescue and I held on for the win and my last game of the league section :)

Gameweek 6

Group B

Nice (TiltedBrain) 0-2 Spurs (Colemania)

Ended the group with another win. Tight enough affair, especially in the second half when Nice went attacking. Solid defence throughout the league with the joint least goals conceded along with Inter Milan.

On to the knockouts!

Kenneth192 (roma) 0-3 (liverpool) DamoK21
    Out passed out scored out played , fair play to DamoK21 great game deserved winner, best of luck in the knock outs , 3 losses on the spin for roma top four not looking good at all 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Group A

Athletico Madrid (nslattery) 0-3 (DuffyTJ) PSG

Good game. Finishing the league well enough and looking forward to the knockouts.

Last game of group b

Manchester United (Cienciano) 6 - 2 Nice (Theoriginaljipo)

United 4 nil up after 30 minutes thanks to intercepts around the back. Nice pull 2 back, but United kill it off in the last 10 minutes. Really open game with lots of chances each end, but Uniteds strikers are a lot better than Balotelli

• Advertisement

Kenneth192 (roma) 4-1 (psg) DuffyTJ
    Having gone one down early days managed to pull one back before the break, don't know how I managed to hold off psg for the second half scoreline could have easily been in reverse , great game DuffyTJ

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Group A

(Damok21) Liverpool 6 - 0 Inter (danharps)

Match was very close with not much happening until I got a very lucky goal. Got another one quickly after that and Inter went on the attack, which left holes at the back. Gg Dan scoreline was harsh.

Nice finish to the league for me looking forward to knockouts. Best of luck to everyone and thanks for all the good games

Ath Madrid 1 - 4 Napoli

Ath Madrid went 1 up after 9 mins with great goal by Griezmann. It was level at half time, but 3 goals in 6 mins in the 2nd half killed my team

Well played Aido

• Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Napoli 3 - 1 Roma

Bounce of ball for the first goal for napoli pinged everywhere and ended up with Hamsik to slot home. Roma came back with a great Perotti goal, went through 4 players to slide it in. Another goal from Napoli second half and an seriously unlucky OG turned it 3-1.
    Roma ruled in nearly every stat, hard luck kenneth, one of those games i think.

Ath Madrid 2 - 3 Man City

I was 3 - 0 down after 55 mins. I got 2 goals back but couldn't get the equalizer.
    Well played to Man City.
    Roll on the shield now :P

PES Champions Cup Quarter Final Stage

Cup.jpg

PES Shield Quarter Final Stage

Shield.jpg

PES Shield QF - Atletico Madrid (nslattery) v RB Leipzig (az1234)

1st Leg - Atletico Madrid 1 - 2 RB Leipzig
    Filipe Luis scored a savage long range effort early in the first half, Werner and Poulsen got the goals in the 2nd half to give Leipzig a slender lead going into the 2nd leg.

2nd Leg - RB Leipzig 5 - 2 Atletico Madrid
    Timo Werner with 5 goals to win it for Leipzig - he scored more in this game than the rest of the tournament combined! He was on upward form too which helped massively. It could have been very different though as Athletico missed some early chances through Gameiro and Griezmann. Scoreline ended up a bit harsh as Atletico were in the game for a long time.

Two really enjoyable games with some great play, shocking misses and good goals for both sides! Thanks nslattery!

PES Champions Cup - Quarter Final

1st leg
    (Koolhanger/Bijilf) Monaco 3 - 1 Inter Milan (harpstilidie/danharps)

2nd leg
    Inter Milan 2 - 4 Monaco

Monaco win 7 - 3 on aggregate

Two great games. Monaco had to come from behind in both matches. Inter Milan controlled large periods of each leg.

Thanks for the games, danharps.

We'll meet again next season :)

PES Champions Cup - Quarter Final

PSG (DuffyTJ/IncognitoMan) 7 - 0 Manchester United (Meath77/Cienciano)

Believe it or not it was level enough till about 30 minutes then PSG scored 1. United attack straight away and psg counter and score a second. Repeat again and it's 3 for PSG in about 5 minutes! One goal was a stunner from Cavani, over the top through ball near the corner of the box hit first time into the far top corner, the best goal I've seen in PES18. At half time I changed to 3 up front and barely got a shot for the rest of the game, it was all PSG, could have been 10, cavanis speed along with his placed shots destroyed united, even if I ran defenders back ahead of him to anticipate the through ball they were left in his wake.

Manchester United (Meath77/Cienciano) 0 - 0 PSG (DuffyTJ/IncognitoMan)

Bit more even, but even then I reckon 2-0 to psg would have been a more fair reflection on the play. But in truth, I doubt either of us could be bothered with the second game, I couldn't anyway after 7-0, no one even bothered with subs!

PSG win 7-0 on agg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Pes Champions Cup Quarter Final

1st leg

Chelsea 1-5 Liverpool

Chelsea had a lot of early chances and couldn't convert them into a goal. Some last ditch defending saved me. I scored on the counter with Salah and then scored from my next attack to make it 2-0. In the second half Chelsea went on the attack and had another few chances but the gaps opened up at the back and my in form attack converted the chances. Chelsea had a couple of chances at the end to make it 5-2 or 5-3 but Luck was on my side.

2nd leg

Liverpool 4-3 Chelsea

The second game was really close. With lots of chances for both teams could have ended up 6-6. In what was a really enjoyable game.

Two good games. Thanks for the games Stephen.

Advertisement