Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards PES 2018 League - Season 1 Fixtures & Results

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Shield Quarter Final

Arsenal 3-2 Nice (tiltedbrain)

This game was crazy close more or less the same shots on target and possession Ballotelli is impossible to mark sometimes

Nice 2-6 Arsenal
    Arsenal win (9-4 on agg)
    Nice will be kicking themselves giving away a very soft goal right at the start of this one and to be honest he was attacking for the rest of the game which played into my hands as I just sat back and counter attacked for the rest of the game 3-1 at half time though and still pretty close , I was bricking it when i scored an og 1st minute of the 2nd half and thought i was gonna be reeled back in , but as nice chased the game more gaps appeared and I tacked on a few more , I think tiltedbrain will have been sickened to have gotten Nice because i think he's a great player definitely one of the better ones ive played and the scoreline of the 1st more represents the difference between us than the crazy 2nd leg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Champions Cup Quarter Final

1st leg

Tottenham Hotspur 1-3 Man City

A very tight game with a back and forth first half at Spurs new home ground Anfield (Anfield?? Spot the Liverpool fan eh?). Both sides had good chances in the first half and some magical passing from Spurs carved open the Man City defence and Son converted from close range for a cracking team goal. The goal rattled Man City who almost immediately switched to a more attacking formation at half time, bringing on Sterling for Mangala. Sterlings induction brought an almost instance reaction from City who went on to score three goals without reply from Aguero, the recently rejuvenated Yaya Toure and Sterling himself to clinch the game 1-3 to the visitors.

2nd leg

Man City 2-0 Tottenham Hotspur

A show of defences in the rainy second leg made for a tighter game. Two goals from Kun Aguero in the first half put pressure on Spurs to attack en masse to save the tie. If not for the imperious Man City defence which kept repelling the relentless Spurs attack, Spurs could have easily won this game by a couple of goals as Son and Kane linked up time and time again almost flawlessly. Backs to the wall defending for Man City for the final 20 minutes held off an ever encroaching and more dangerous Spurs to see out the tie.

Aggregate score
    Man City 6 - 1 Spurs

Two enjoyable games. Cheers Colemania

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

PES Champions Cup Semi Final Stage

Screenshot_2017_11_17_08_38_50_0932112483.png

PES Shield Semi Final Stage

Screenshot_2017_11_17_08_39_23_2051783723.png

Note: Leipzig is to play the winner of Napoli and Dortmund which will be played in the next 3-4 days.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

PES Shield Quarter Final :

1st Leg : Borussia Dortmund 2 - 0 SSC Napoli
    In a game where Aubameyang finally had a positive form indicator for once (it was green :pac:), the hosts started brighter than they have normally done in previous matches, giving as much as they got in the first half. Neither team could find the net, though, as both teams went in at half time scoreless. However, a couple of minutes into the second half saw Reus curl in a cross from the left flank for Aubameyang to volley home. Very soon after that, anothor cross from Reus (I think, could have been Toljan, or Auba maybe (but probably not Auba)) found Yarmolenko at the back post to nod in a second and send the Westfalenstadion into raptures. In typical Wilberto style though, the next half hour or so resulted in quite a large volume of hoofball being played as Napoli went and set up camp in the Dortmund half, creating chance, after chance, after chance. Dortmund somehow managed to keep their clean sheet intact and carried forward a two goal advantage to Naples.

2nd Leg : Napoli 3 - 1 Borussia Dortmund
    Napoli started the second leg where the left off in the first, dominating every aspect of the game, and putting their visitors under copious aounts of pressure. Eventually, the visitors, who had somehow lost the ability to defend in the time it took to set up a new game (:pac:) shipped two goals in relatively quick succession leaving the tie all square once more at half time. The visitors seemed to regroup and regain some composure at half time and started the second half similar to that of the first leg. Eventually, on the hour mark (or around that :pac:), after a passage of play (in other words I cannot for the life of me remember how it came about!) the ball fell once more to Aubameyang in the box who struck home to edge the visitors in the lead once more. Unfortunately for them though, they struggled to see it out completely, with Napoli levelling the tie yet again with fifteen minutes to go. The next fifteen were a little helter skelter, with both sides (mainly Napoli) creating good opportunities to clinch the tie but all went by without conversion.

Extra Time : Napoli 0 - 0 Borussia Dortmund
    What can I say here only that five minute matches go by so very quickly. Again, both created great chances to clinch the tie, with the framework being hit several times by Napoli (some may have been in the earlier games though!). Personally, the only memory I have of this game is screaming at Toprak in the dieing moments of the game to "just clear the f***ing thing", as he decides to chest down the ball in a crowded penalty area. Thankfully, he did get rid (eventually), and the referee blew to send the game to penalties.

Penalties : Napoli 6 - 7
    I don't know how far away the keepers were from taking penalties, but they were very close. I think both had chances to win the penalty shootout, but it was eventually Weigl (I think) to send Dortmund through to the semi finals.

What a dramatic evening though! Absolutely cracking games and a truly amazing tie! Superb stuff! :):)

I hope I got the minor details somewhat accurate. So much football played I can barely remember it! :pac:

Just posting up the Cup and Shield fixtures again with the updated semi final pairings for the Shield

PES Champions Cup Semi Final Stage

Screenshot_2017_11_17_08_38_50_0932112483.png

PES Shield Semi Final Stage

Screenshot_2017_11_20_16_06_13_1514460697.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

Pes shield semi final

First leg
    Roma (Kenneth192) 5-0 (brianregan09) Arsenal
    Game started off at a very quick pace , Edin Dzeko finding the net after 10 mins arsenal came straight back lacazete narrowly putting one wide which could have changed the game instead Edin Dzeko went on to complete his hattrick in the first half , game was alot closer than the scoreline suggests end to end but when you have an inform Edin Dzeko it can be hard to miss

Second leg
    Arsenal 1 - 3 Roma
    Game took a bit to get going but it was Edin Dzeko the difference again just before half time , arsenal rallied very strongly in the second half had me under all sorts of pressure but in the end the gap was too big to turn around , good game BrianRegan09

Looking forward to the final hoping to do Group A proud hon the boys!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Champions Cup Semi-Final

(Incognito Man/DuffyTJ) Paris Saint-Germain 0 - 4 Monaco (Koolhanger/Bijilf)

Monaco 2 - 1 Paris Saint-Germain

Monaco win 6-1 on aggregate

Two frantic games. The ball just wouldn't go in for PSG. They hit the post on a couple of occasions and Subasic had a great game in goal for Monaco.

Jovetic was the main man at the other end for Monaco.

Thanks, TJ. Good games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Champions Cup Semi-Final

1st leg

Liverpool 2-1 Man City

A hot Anfield crowd made for a smothering atmosphere for Man City in the first leg of the Champions Cup Semi-Final. Man City came close after five minutes with a Sane header but after that early chance Liverpool were utterly dominant for the rest of the match finishing with over 60% possession and sitting in the Man City half. A lovely worked goal with some intricate passing from Firmino and Mane set the home team off to a deserved lead with the Man City defence pinned back and trying to find some breathing room. A second goal soon followed after some burrowing on the right wing for Liverpool with Man City still scrambling to clear their lines and Mendy finding Mane a tough opponent. A bracing run from Kompany in the second half from centre back resulted in a bullet through ball which set Jesus behind the Liverpool defence for a consolation goal to give Man City hope in the second leg.

2nd leg

Man City 4-1 Liverpool

An attacking Man City team came flying out of the gates knowing they needed to make a quick impact however the Liverpool defence consistently repelled the hosts. A number of good chances then fell to Liverpool however between Edersons saves and some resolute defending from Stones and Otamendi, Man City somehow kept the visitors out for most of the game. A fantastic pass from De Bruyne set Aguero through who rounded the keeper for a tap-in to level the tie on aggregate just before half time. Two further goals from Aguero and Gundogan in the second half to make it 3-0 turned the game into a feast of attacking football as Liverpool tried to turn around a two goal aggregate deficit and Man City vied to extend their lead. A stunning strike from the edge of the box from Sturridge in the 85th minute made for a frantic and nervy final five minutes. Man City moved the ball around and eventually into the corner to try to quell the opposition working a corner that was headed in by Bernardo Silva in injury to seal the tie.

Aggregate score
    Man City 5 - 3 Liverpool

Two really great games with both sides playing some great football. Cheers Damo

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭az1234

PES Shield Semi-final - Dortmund (Wilberto) vs RB Leipzig (az1234)

1st Leg - Dortmund 0 - 0 RB Leipzig
    The all German, all Group B tie kicked off with a tight 0-0 with some good defending from Dortmund and some awful finishing (as usual) from Leipzig.

2nd Leg - RB Leipzig 1 - 1 Dortmund
    The second leg was another tight affair with even fewer chances than the first leg. Dortmund took the lead midway through the 2nd half through Yarmolenko but Forsberg snatched a late equaliser for Leipzig to give them wiiings heading into extra time!

Extra Time - RB Leipzig 1 - 0 Dortmund
    On to extra time and Poulsen got the header to settle the tie in the 2nd half (I think)!

Three really enjoyable games overall and some shooting practice required before the final! Special mention for Wilberto playing the entire league on manual passing btw, I don't know how he has the patience to stick with it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Just a quick update on the previous result, you got your own goalscorers the wrong way round. It was Poulsen (the fecker) who snatched the 88th minute equaliser, and Forsberg was the one who ran the ball into the net in extra time. ;) :pac:
    Great games though! Better team won and I've saved the match stats to show how dominant you were in the first leg! :pac: I'll upload a screenshot tomorrow along with the Forsberg goal! #goalofthetournie

• Advertisement

Wilberto wrote: »
    Just a quick update on the previous result, you got your own goalscorers the wrong way round. It was Poulsen who snatched the 88th minute equaliser, and Forsberg was the one who ran the ball into the net in extra time. ;) :pac:
    Great games though! Better team won and I've saved the match stats to show how dominant you were in the first leg! :pac: I'll upload a screenshot tomorrow along with the Forsberg goal! #goalofthetournie
    How could I have forgotten that beauty of a goal to win it?! :pac:

PES Champions Cup Final

1zz6c1d.png

PES Shield Final

vnnz89.png

So there we have it. Group A vs Group B battle in both the Cup and Shield finals!

Group B winners AS Monaco (Koolhanger) are up against Group A 3rd placed finished Manchester City (Exclamation Marc) in the Champions Cup Final

AS Roma (KennyG192) and RB Leipzig (az1234) battle it out in the Shield Final, who both finished 5th in their groups.

Best of luck to all competing in finals week and thanks to everyone who took part in the league. Great bunch of lads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

Shield final
    Roma (kenneth192) 2-2 (az1234) RB leipzig
    Game had it all end to end from the word go, edin dzeko putting roma one up in the first half , leipzig came back into the game very strongly in the second half scoring to make it level, in the end both teams would score again cancelling each other out
    Second leg
    RB leipzig 1-2 Roma
    Second leg started off very tight, roma would get a penalty in the first half which was converted by edin dzeko , again leipzig would come on strongly in the second half and scoring to bring the tie level once again before a sensational left foot volley from you guessed it the man himself EDIN DZEKO , the last 15minutes were very sweaty in the end roma would hang on to take the shield , both excellent games cheers to az1234
    Fantastically well run league and cups hats off to colemania for putting it together and I can't wait to do it all again after the winter break ! Cheers lads !

KennyG192 wrote: »
    Shield final
    Roma (kenneth192) 2-2 (az1234) RB leipzig
    Game had it all end to end from the word go, edin dzeko putting roma one up in the first half , leipzig came back into the game very strongly in the second half scoring to make it level, in the end both teams would score again cancelling each other out
    Second leg
    RB leipzig 1-2 Roma
    Second leg started off very tight, roma would get a penalty in the first half which was converted by edin dzeko , again leipzig would come on strongly in the second half and scoring to bring the tie level once again before a sensational left foot volley from you guessed it the man himself EDIN DZEKO , the last 15minutes were very sweaty in the end roma would hang on to take the shield , both excellent games cheers to az1234
    Fantastically well run league and cups hats off to colemania for putting it together and I can't wait to do it all again after the winter break ! Cheers lads !
    Congrats to Kenny, two great games and some goal to finish off the 2nd leg!

Really enjoyed the league overall (despite playing as Leipzig!). Congrats and thanks to Colemania for running the league and am looking forward to the next one!

I recorded the 2 games in the final and threw them up on Youtube in case anyone wanted to have a look:
    1st Leg

2nd Leg

PES CHAMPION'S CUP FINAL

(Koolhanger/Bijilf) Monaco 3 - 1 Manchester City (Exclamation Marc/Manufactured Hero)

Manchester City 2 - 2 Monaco

Monaco win 5 - 3 on aggregate.

Video of both legs here https://youtu.be/NuwUNtSCs44

Some of you saw the game so I can't tell lies :) Great final. Monaco played well in first leg and took their chances.
    In the second leg, it was an onslaught from City with Monaco scoring on the break, mainly. City had 12 shots on target in the second match and Monaco were thankful that Subasic was on top of his game.

Thanks, Exclamation Marc!

Again, a great league, lads. Fantastic fun and very well organised.

Roll on next season!!

PES Super Cup

ri8bbc.png

PES Super Cup Final

(Koolhanger/Bijilf) Monaco 4 - 5 Roma (KennyG192/KENNETH192)

Roma 2 - 2 Monaco

Roma win 7 - 6 on aggregate

A great finish to the inaugural season. The first leg was insane. Roma went 3-1 up. Then Monaco were leading 4-3, then Roma scored in the 89th and 90th minutes (I think?) to win 5-4! Dzeko was in fine finishing form and every time Roma advanced they looked dangerous.

The second leg was 0-0 at half-time. Then Monaco went 1-0 up only for Nainggolan to equalise almost immediately. Then Balde made it 2-1 to Monaco and 6-6 on aggregate. It looked like we would be heading for extra-time but a clumsy foul by Kongolo gave Roma a chance from the spot in the 86th minute. Subasic dived the right way but it was a good penalty and it made it into the corner (can't remember who took the penalty?). Monaco had nothing left in the tank after two fantastic games.

Roma win the Super Cup!

Congratulations, KennyG192!

Roll on next season!!

Advertisement