Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single camera & dvr recommendation?

Options
  • 22-09-2017 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭

I want to install a security camera at the front of my house.

The house & driveway is 6 meters wide and 5 meters deep. If the camera is placed in the center of the house then a 90 degree viewing angle would be sufficient to capture the whole drive + some on either side.

Id like to be able to view across the road too as the house faces a public road and open area where people hang out and identify faces at a range of about 10 meters from the cameras location, further if possible.

There is a street light on the left side of the drive way so not sure if this would cause problems or improve night vision.

I just need a single camera and DVR.

The DVR will be stored in a hidden location to intruders so there is no need for cloud upload.I just want 24 hour recording which rotates every few weeks.

Ideally the DVR wont be too large. I dont need room for expansion as i have no intention of adding more than 1 camera.

Advertisement