Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am switching address, can i get the €35/month rate?

Options
  • 22-09-2017 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

I am switching address.  I am told that this is a new contract, so I will have to sign up for a new 12 month contract.  That is fair enough.
    You currently have an online offer of €35/month for 6 months and €70/month thereafter. 
    But I cannot switch address online, I can only do that over the phone.
    I asked if I could still avail of the €35/month offer, but was told that I could not, as that is only for online.
    Given that I am happy to use online, but your system does not allow it, would you give me the benefit of the online rate?  Otherwise, I am effectively being punished for being a loyal customer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Save yourself the hassle and either pay the higher rate or find another provider.

We signed up at a 55 euro promotional rate. Got the first bill a few days ago and even with a 20 euro discount for a delay in getting the account up and running, the bill is 73 euro. They charge what they want anyway, regardless of promotions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

CarPark2 wrote: »
    I am switching address.  I am told that this is a new contract, so I will have to sign up for a new 12 month contract.  That is fair enough.
    You currently have an online offer of €35/month for 6 months and €70/month thereafter. 
    But I cannot switch address online, I can only do that over the phone.
    I asked if I could still avail of the €35/month offer, but was told that I could not, as that is only for online.
    Given that I am happy to use online, but your system does not allow it, would you give me the benefit of the online rate?  Otherwise, I am effectively being punished for being a loyal customer.
    Hi CarPark2, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us today. 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having with us. Can you PM me the issues you are having with the website and I'll have a look at this for you. 

Thanks

Adam 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Save yourself the hassle and either pay the higher rate or find another provider.

We signed up at a 55 euro promotional rate. Got the first bill a few days ago and even with a 20 euro discount for a delay in getting the account up and running, the bill is 73 euro. They charge what they want anyway, regardless of promotions.
    Hi Doctor Jimbob, 

I've checked your account with the details you supplied to us in PM's recently and can see there was a part period charge applied for service from the date - 21/08 - 11/09. 

This has been credited back to your account due to the delays in getting the service active as the technician called out the 9/09, this will appear on your next bill issued. The bills going forward will be €55 per month.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.  

Thanks 

Adam 

Advertisement