Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi-LIDL Specials - Megathread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭Macy0161

statto25 wrote: »
    Would that cadence senor work with a Garmin watch I wonder?
    Bluetooth only, so I think it depends on the watch. The older garmin models are Ant+ sensors only.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,344 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I am Interested in the waterproof socks. It was nippy this morning so I wore a thermal style long sleeve vest under my cycling top, did the job , neither hot nor cold and wasn’t sweaty arriving at work.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Bluetooth only, so I think it depends on the watch. The older garmin models are Ant+ sensors only.

Its a forerunner 35 so its bluetooth capable for Im not sure if thats for smartphone pairing only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

greendom wrote: »
    The UK stores have a bluetooth helmet with speakers. Wonder why these weren't put on sale in Ireland?

Whole new category to add into the earphones thread:pac:

statto25 wrote: »
    Its a forerunner 35 so its bluetooth capable for Im not sure if thats for smartphone pairing only.
    Well my xt920 is bluetooth for phone connection/ uploads, but only works with ant+ sensors.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

Thoughts on the turbo trainer?

Looking to get setup on Zwift very cheaplyf for winter... Wonder would this along with the speed sensor be any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Macy0161 wrote: »

Can it be connected to Strava.
    Looking for something to use on the turbo as i only have a Garmin 200 which doesn't let you connect any speed sensors.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,760 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Any thoughts on the overshoes?
    https://www.aldi.ie/cycling-pro-heavy-duty-overshoes/p/084794227765400

would they have size 12?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭cletus

Can it be connected to Strava.
    Looking for something to use on the turbo as i only have a Garmin 200 which doesn't let you connect any speed sensors.

https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/216919007-Pairing-Sensors-with-the-Android-app?mobile_site=true

Seems it would depend on your phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

There are two different bike lights, which is the brighter front light?
    Bikemate-Rechargeable-Bike-Lights-A.jpg?o=diwBK8L171vBwYQxuQNyXK1d%24PEj&V=geqt&w=200&h=250&p=2&q=88
    Bikemate-White-Front-Bike-Lights-A.jpg?o=nCjVfcWe6ARKl%24mrnVeZDtscHm8j&V=c1D0&w=200&h=250&p=2&q=88
    There's not much info given for the first set.

Second one is 240 lumens but the first has two CREE bulbs but no lumens mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,775 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I run the first one x 2 on my commuter bike during the winter and I've been more than impressed with it even on unlit roads.

The rear of that set was mixed, one gave up and one still going strong. I need a second rear light so I'll likely buy another set just for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

dahat wrote: »
    I run the first one x 2 on my commuter bike during the winter and I've been more than impressed with it even on unlit roads.

The rear of that set was mixed, one gave up and one still going strong. I need a second rear light so I'll likely buy another set just for it.

I’ve had the same experience, great front light, especially in terms of battery life. The rear light gave up the ghost in under a week.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,557 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

I dug out the rear one recently, which I got last year. Still had a good charge in it despite being in a drawer for many months.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,775 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I dug out the rear one recently, which I got last year. Still had a good charge in it despite being in a drawer for many months.

Hoping the new set is as good as.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,557 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Btw, it's the lozenge shaped one I have.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Get the set for 17.99euro,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Hungrycol wrote: »
    Is this a stand for folding bikes? :P

462111.JPG

Only works if you unfold the bike and fold up the stand. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Was the turbo trainer available last year? Anyone know is it decent and can it connect to an app like Zwift?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Was the turbo trainer available last year? Anyone know is it decent and can it connect to an app like Zwift?

You would need a cadence and speed sensor for it to work with Zwift.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

The turbo trainer was available the last couple of times, but any reviews I read weren't kind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

The turbo trainer was available the last couple of times, but any reviews I read weren't kind.

I bought one. It lasted 5 minutes before going back. Jet engines would be quieter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

The merino base layers also look like good value

I don't think they have any pure merino this year - only "with merino". Bleaghhh.

What do people think of the various gloves offered? The bright-yellow neoprene ones look good, but what are they like to wear? I loved the yellow-backed black ones last year (until I lost one), but would like some reflective material on palm and fingers for signalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Rechuchote wrote: »
    I don't think they have any pure merino this year - only "with merino". Bleaghhh.

What do people think of the various gloves offered? The bright-yellow neoprene ones look good, but what are they like to wear? I loved the yellow-backed black ones last year (until I lost one), but would like some reflective material on palm and fingers for signalling.

the base layers are pure merino I think:
    HFO2Myt.png

Rechuchote wrote: »
    The bright-yellow neoprene ones look good, but what are they like to wear?
    I got the black neoprene ones last year. Only used a few times (back to the whole doesn't rain as much as you think on the east coast), but they're fine for commuting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Are they not waterproof? How are they in the cold, considering you get colder weather in the east?

Mc Love wrote: »
    Are they not waterproof? How are they in the cold, considering you get colder weather in the east?
    I got them for the wet. I have Galibier Barrier gloves for the cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭8kvscdpglqnyr4

Aldi had a track pump in their cycling specials in the past. Great pump. I think it cost €7.
    Anyone know if the track pump will be available on Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

Aldi had a track pump in their cycling specials in the past. Great pump. I think it cost €7.

Not that I can see

https://www.aldi.ie/c/specialbuys/dates/2018-09-30?sort=popular&q=%3Apopular%3AtransactionalStatus%3Atransactional%3AtransactionalStatus%3Anontransactional%3AEvent%3ACycling&lowerBound=2&upperBound=80&text=

I'd like a nice roomy strong pannier too, but no sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Mc Love wrote: »
    Are they not waterproof?....
    No overshoes are waterproof in any sort of heavy rain or prolonged ride. Best you can hope for is helping keep your feet warm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Lidl do a great one for a similar price aswell but they had it recently, give customer service a try and they'll tell you if any still have it.

Advertisement