Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi-LIDL Specials - Megathread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    That's actually pretty cool save you working up a sweat if you've no changing facilities.

yep I think it's brilliant, was telling my dad he should get one if they were on sale here. would easily go in the boot of his car and make it much easier for him to cycle longer distances.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

very good price for a folding eBike, even cheaper than Decathlon's version (which is also not available here).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

they have this in the UK :eek::)

I'd get one if they went on sale here, 40kmph and a 50km range, all sold out though, I imagine like their full Ulegra bike a few years ago, very little stock I imagine.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,557 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Question is what do they mean by that Max speed?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Question is what do they mean by that Max speed?

As with all these e bikes over a certain speed the motor drops out. It's still a bike so will go as fast as you can turn the crank you'll just be assisted up to 25mph which I believe is meant to be limited to 25km/h over here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I imagine with Aldi it is the fastest that a World Champion track cyclist could pedal that bike over a flying 200m due to friction in the hub rather than anything to do with pedal assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

They also have this!!

Bike trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Its a very poor range from Aldi this time around, no bib shorts or proper jerseys (except for that thing that looks like a golfing t-shirt) Aldi used to have pretty decent bib shorts and jerseys but recently have been offering very little of use/value. I will however pick up one of the bike floor stands but nothing else this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Its a very poor range from Aldi this time around, no bib shorts or proper jerseys (except for that thing that looks like a golfing t-shirt) Aldi used to have pretty decent bib shorts and jerseys but recently have been offering very little of use/value. I will however pick up one of the bike floor stands but nothing else this time.

The only thing I wanted was a cheap track pump but it didnt show up :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

Their floor stand is very useful.

I will probably pick up some electrolyte tablets, don't really see anything else that jumps out at me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

Is the bike cleaning stuff any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭theunforgiven

Yep, bought lots last time, there was a bunch of it at reduced prices.
    Wet, dry lube, Degreaser, Mug Off cleaner, all does the job well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,557 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Its a very poor range from Aldi this time around
    Yep, bought lots last time, there was a bunch of it at reduced prices.
    i suspect this is why. a load of the cycling gear was still available for weeks after the last time they had the cycling specials. maybe everyone who wanted a track pump now has one?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Chris871

Was in this morning and the Muc off stuff was priced wrong when scanned(price on tag was correct). Picked up some degreaser & Lube and only came up for €1.99 each, no complaints at that price :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Anyone got or used one of their floor bike stands?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭theunforgiven

Hurrache wrote: »
    Anyone got or used one of their floor bike stands?

Yep, wouldn't be without it. Excellent bit of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

I have one from lidl which looks similar. Have it over 5 years now and its still working fine. Mainly use it for washing. If I grab my mtb by the seat post it holds the bike level pretty well to this day. Gets constant use by the brother also so could say its easily been used once if not twice a week for the 5 years. No complaints

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Hope some is left after work!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Yep, wouldn't be without it. Excellent bit of kit.
    Are you talking about the assembly stand or storage stand?

Assembly Stand

Storage Stand

I have one of the assembly stands that's lasted a good few years. Very useful and worth getting for maintance jobs or just cleaning the bike.

I'll pick up a couple of storage stands. Hopefully they are as good.

Got one of the assembly stands this earlier morning, seems like it'll do the job. Now I can't wait to clean the bike.

Also got a few pairs gloves too, hoped they would have glasses but they didn't. I can't be trusted with an expensive pair of glasses or gloves. The amount of gloves I've lost over the years has led to a running joke in our house about me needing them sown on a string run through my jersey so I can't lose them :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Got muck-off degreaser and cleaner, they must have undercharged me because both came in at under a 5er. Should've bought more!

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭devonp

got 2x Packs CO2 & an inflator, High5 bottle and top tube bag

forgot about the electrolyte tabs are they any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭CormacH94

Got muck-off degreaser and cleaner, they must have undercharged me because both came in at under a 5er. Should've bought more!

Checked my receipt just here, same story, might pop in again later for a few more....

Anyone know what the difference between the Muc Off Urban and bog standard Muc Off is?

Local Aldi didn't have the electrolytes but might pick some up during the week if theres any left

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭ULMarc

CormacH94 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the difference between the Muc Off Urban and bog standard Muc Off is?

I think it's just marketing, they sell it as part of a 3 step urban kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

Anybody know what that chain lock with key is like? Was thinking of it as a secondary lock?

ULMarc wrote: »
    I think it's just marketing, they sell it as part of a 3 step urban kit.

Ah grand, thought it might not be as robust if it's marketed as ''urban''

Anyone pick up the base layers? Are summer base layers of any real use aside from a bit more crash protection?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

CormacH94 wrote: »
    Anyone pick up the base layers? Are summer base layers of any real use aside from a bit more crash protection?

Got a few mesh ones in Decathalon last year and they do seem to keep me cooler on hot days. I presume the theory is that they stop the jersey sticking and create an air gap. Haven't tested their crash protection properties yetwink.png Not sure if the Aldi ones are similar as I haven't managed to get there yet.

Got a few mesh ones in Decathalon last year and they do seem to keep me cooler on hot days. I presume the theory is that they stop the jersey sticking and create an air gap. Haven't tested their crash protection properties yetwink.png Not sure if the Aldi ones are similar as I haven't managed to get there yet.

Yeah they're sleeveless mesh material base layers, might pick one up to try out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭cletus

Picked up one of the floor stands, won't work with disc brakes :mad:

Will return it tomorrow. Picked up a cheap pair of gloves and some muc off dry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

That's something I didn't think of. I was going to pick up 2 but I'll just grab the one so.

Advertisement