Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi-LIDL Specials - Megathread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Rechuchote wrote: »
    How does it fit onto the bike?

you need a rear rack - it has 2 brackets the slip under one of the bars on the rack then the spring-loaded arm of the rack holds it in place (as you can see in my pic). But if you just had a flat rack with no arm you could probably secure it with cable ties or garden wire (the latter seems to be a popular method of securing baskets in France).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Rechuchote wrote: »
    How does it fit onto the bike?

you need a rear rack - it has 2 brackets that slip under one of the bars on the rack then the spring-loaded arm of the rack holds it in place (as you can see in my pic). But if you just had a flat rack with no arm you could probably secure it with cable ties or garden wire (the latter seems to be a popular method of securing baskets in France).

I've had a front basket for years, but the amount of extra weight you can carry on the rear is great - litres of milk, bottles of wine, boxes of heavily discounted beer ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

tuxy wrote: »
    I have those shorts, my favourite shorts from AE so far. I'm 181cm and 83kg and size XL fits nicely. Take two sizes up and you should be grand.
    Just ordered, Im the exact same height and weight, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,014 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Did anyone look at the Lidl shorts today?

They have these ones for a tenner

https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?articleId=20635

and also a 'pro' version for €15 - but what the hell is the difference between the pro and the standard version?

Did anyone look at the Lidl shorts today?

They have these ones for a tenner

https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?articleId=20635

and also a 'pro' version for €15 - but what the hell is the difference between the pro and the standard version?

Don't see a pro version for the mens but I assume it's like the bib shorts they have for women.

• Advertisement

Don't see a pro version for the mens but I assume it's like the bib shorts they have for women.

Don't think so. Here's the pro ones;

484120.jpg

Ironically, the non-pro ones are more nicely packed, in a nice little cardboard box that has them looking much better than the pro in plastic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i have a pair from a few years back, couldn't tell you if they were sold as pro or not; but i suspect not, the chamois is a little cardboardy. fine for the commute, but not high quality by any stretch.

Actually, you're right - despite the misleading picture on the pack, they are bib shorts.

Actually, you're right - despite the misleading picture on the pack, they are bib shorts.

If you've not had them before then once you go bibs you'll never go back. Regardless of quality they feel better on than normal cycling shorts. I've a few pairs from a few years ago like MB and they are great for daily short distances but not something I'd want to be in for a few hours at a time compared to "the good" shorts

Did anyone else get the mini foot pump?

https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?articleId=20630

I'm going to leave one at my desk, after some fecker whipped my track pump that I left in the bike shed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

not the ones in my local, i opened the pro box and they were not bib shorts.

not the ones in my local, i opened the pro box and they were not bib shorts.

That's mad - mine were definitely bibs, as evidenced by the slightly hysterical giggles from my missus and her WTF are you up to now looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Did anyone else get the mini foot pump?
    Looked, for travel (holidays and bike box) but the 80psi limit put me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Is the full size pump in Lidl any good? For 6.99 seems like good value?

for seven quid, it can't be bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Is the full size pump in Lidl any good? For 6.99 seems like good value?
    They're great, cheap at 5 times that price. Handy little container of valve adapters built into the casing aswell.

Macy0161 wrote: »

Thanks, that wouldn't be a big deal for me - enough to get me home from work anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭rayman1

Macy0161 wrote: »

If you use anything bigger than 23mm tyres, 80psi is plenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Nuphor

Any sign of things from https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?articleId=21101 hitting any stores yet? Took a look around yesterday, but not in stock in the 3 places I checked.

does that mount to your handlebars?

• Advertisement

FYI, this is the cycling forum - the thread is about cycling related items in aldi/lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

does that mount to your handlebars?

Mad max road cycling :cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Mad max road cycling :cool:

Ultimate Jousting

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Nuphor

FYI, this is the cycling forum - the thread is about cycling related items in aldi/lidl.

Oops, didn’t spot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Some cyclists like "trimming-the-hedge" IYKWIM ;)

If you're a roadie please only buy bib-shorts, don't want to see yer asr3crack in cycling "shorts" thanks very much. I have Aldi nappy cycling shorts from years ago but only wear them under less well padded bibs.

There's a reasonable selection of women's cycling shorts - crivit pro - in lidl in santry, the one in Omni, if anyone was looking for some. Reduced by 50% to six quid each.

There's a reasonable selection of women's cycling shorts - crivit pro - in lidl in santry, the one in Omni, if anyone was looking for some. Reduced by 50% to six quid each.

Likely making room for the new stuff later next week

https://www.lidl.ie/en/c/cycling-back-in-the-saddle/c913/w2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Very tempted by the pannier for 13 quid, anyone have any experience with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Very tempted by the pannier for 13 quid, anyone have any experience with them?

Yes i use it and its very good value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Nice one theres a track pump, been after one for a while and they werent coming up in Aldi or Lidl on previous cycling weeks

Advertisement