Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi-LIDL Specials - Megathread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭Macy0161

No one's seen it yet, but probably a better returns policy and warranty than similarly priced options?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Are the Parkside chain cleaner lubes worth picking up in Lidl today?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i bought a brake disc cleaner (not sure if it's parkside brand) a year or two ago. it's useless, it's too volatile and evaporates too quickly to be usable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Are the Parkside chain cleaner lubes worth picking up in Lidl today?

I have a couple of cans. I found them very good for degreasing parts when I'm disassembling etc. particularly things like ball bearings.

Conversely, I don't find them good for cleaning the chain and cassette, at least on the bike. I find soapy water works better

In terms of the specials, I've had similar experiences with the Lidl own brand. I prefer to pick up the muc-off stuff when it's in Aldi! I may pick up the cleaning set though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

The cleaning set is the only thing I'm picking up this time around. Up to now I've used old dish washing brushes

cletus wrote: »
    The cleaning set is the only thing I'm picking up this time around. Up to now I've used old dish washing brushes

Picked that up myself this morning. Don't forget to use the Lidl app and and activate any money off vouchers for extra savings.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Picked that up myself this morning. Don't forget to use the Lidl app and and activate any money off vouchers for extra savings.

How does that work I tried to use it there today picking up a few bike related things and couldn't figure out how to use the 5er off voucher!

Also couldn't find the bike helmet in the Parnell street branch of Lidl I'll have a look in Fortunestown later.

How does that work I tried to use it there today picking up a few bike related things and couldn't figure out how to use the 5er off voucher!

Also couldn't find the bike helmet in the Parnell street branch of Lidl I'll have a look in Fortunestown later.

Just go into your app. Activate the 'voucher' and then present the app showing your 'barcode card' to the machine by the cashier and it comes off automatically.

Just go into your app. Activate the 'voucher' and then present the app showing your 'barcode card' to the machine by the cashier and it comes off automatically.

Ah ok I was at the shelf service check out couldn't figure it out and it was busy.

• Advertisement

Just incase anyone goes around a few lidls like myself ha! The helmet got cancel due to delivery issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

I got one of the cycling jerseys yesterday:
    https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/cycling-offers/men-s-cycling-jersey/p46579

Size XL. I'm six foot and it's far too small, so returning it today.

Quality was good.

Just incase anyone goes around a few lidls like myself ha! The helmet got cancel due to delivery issues.
    Greystones were selling off one of the "smart" helmets from a previous special (indicators or something). A basket of craft beer and bike stuff - at least I'm two dimensional...

Was in both, but was evening, so no sign of the folding bike in Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭letape

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Greystones were selling off one of the "smart" helmets from a previous special (indicators or something). A basket of craft beer and bike stuff - at least I'm two dimensional...

Was in both, but was evening, so no sign of the folding bike in Aldi.

The folding bike was in Aldi Greystones this morning at 10, next to the hurling items

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

Does anyone know what's in the Lidl Brake Cleaner spray? I don't think it's isopropyl alcohol.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

letape wrote: »
    The folding bike was in Aldi Greystones this morning at 10, next to the hurling items
    Did it look any use?
    fatbhoy wrote: »
    Does anyone know what's in the Lidl Brake Cleaner spray? I don't think it's isopropyl alcohol.
    I would have to sniff it

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

CramCycle wrote: »
    Did it look any use?
    I would have to sniff it

It's Friday, so maybe I can treat myself to a prolonged sniff :pac: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

Thinking of picking up the bike workstand. Anybody any experience using it? I’ve a fairly hefty bike (Giant Escape, large, and a lot of ****e on it) so I don’t want it to topple over!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Qrt wrote: »
    Thinking of picking up the bike workstand. Anybody any experience using it? I’ve a fairly hefty bike (Giant Escape, large, and a lot of ****e on it) so I don’t want it to topple over!

I use mine pretty constantly, it’s a good bit of kit! Well worth the money!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yeah its a great yoke, only used it this morning to clean my MTB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Tony04

Is it in stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Tony04 wrote: »
    Is it in stock?

It was in a special on Thursday

It was in a special on Thursday

Lidl or aldi

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Danville

Available in Lidl @€;24.58. I paid €29.99 for it two months ago, I was robbed!
    It is well well worth the price. I highly recommend it.

Any stores with it in stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Danville

Lidl Kilkenny had three left on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

Tony04 wrote: »
    Any stores with it in stock?

Tried Belgard to no avail, went up the road to Fortunestown and there were easily 15/20 left. I was very happy to get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

Clondalkin - nangor road has at least 10 left this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭letape

CramCycle wrote: »
    Did it look any use?

It was in boxed so couldn’t take a look at it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Picked up the €25 bike stand in Lidl clonee today. Another 5 of them left at 7pm.

I must say my expectations were very low, thought it’d be a cheap, lightweight piece of crap tbh but I must say I’m very impressed.

It’s solid as fook, like proper weighty but then folds away very well for storage in seconds because of the quick releases.

For €25 everybody who cycles should own one of these. You’d be nuts not to.

Grabbed a rucksack and winter gloves while I was there too. If I ever have to commute to work they’ll come in handy.

Advertisement