Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi-LIDL Specials - Megathread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

cheers Aegir, will try for one of those tomorrow, hopefully might finally get sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 24,742 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Aldi
    pimp my bike
    ZAxui7s.png

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

zell12 wrote: »
    Aldi
    pimp my bike
    ZAxui7s.png

I got those lights that you attach to your spokes the other day (not Aldi), and I don't care, I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

CramCycle wrote: »
    I got those lights that you attach to your spokes the other day (not Aldi), and I don't care, I love it.

I'd love to get the ones that show a character moving like Mario jumping or something similar :D

mrcheez wrote: »
    I'd love to get the ones that show a character moving like Mario jumping or something similar :D

This looks cool, seems to be a very decent pop from them too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Those are class!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

mrcheez wrote: »

Mine are just the Cateye ones that look a bit like a Kellogg's spoke reflector. You have to be careful not to look at it in dark conditions as its kind of mesmerising.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I think these are the ones

https://www.monkeylectric.com/m210_bike_light/

Can have Space Invader characters or Pac man etc

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Random lot of cycling stuff showed up in Limerick Lidls this morning, got a set of large leggings for a tenner, there was gloves and jerseys and jackets in there aswell, not sure if nationwide.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Thargor wrote: »
    Random lot of cycling stuff showed up in Limerick Lidls this morning, got a set of large leggings for a tenner, there was gloves and jerseys and jackets in there aswell, not sure if nationwide.

Does anyone know if this was nationwide? I haven't checked my local Lidl but I'm probably late anyways. I think they were due some cycling gear a couple of months ago but they never came in so could it have been this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭.red.

I brought the yellow jacket back today. Wore it yesterday for a walk with a few heavy showers and it was like a teabag.
    No quibbles, straight up refund.
    I got the bib tights too which were awful. The tights then selves were fine but the pad was like sitting on a Kutcher scouring cloth. Wore them once and stuck them in the back of the cupboard.
    The jerseys have had a few outings now and I like them, they're a little heavy but I'm usually a warm person due to all my blubber but on the cold mornings with a base layer they're nice and comfy without the need for anything else.

What the jacket isnt waterproof? I tested it in pretty heavy rain once and I was bone dry, thats weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭.red.

Thargor wrote: »
    What the jacket isnt waterproof? I tested it in pretty heavy rain once and I was bone dry, thats weird.

Mine wasn't anyway. The lad I spoke to said he got one and had used it a few days in the rain and it was perfect so probably just a dodgy one.
    I was happy to change it for another one but they'd none left.

Wow those fluorescent neoprene gloves from Aldi a while back are near perfect, freezing fog and mist this morning and it was pure comfort. They're just a bit stiff but cycling with warm hands when it's this cold is a joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

I had a similar pair but wasn't too big a fan. I liked the fact that they were fluroescent for giving turning directions in the dark mornings and evenings, but found that they got sweaty when you finally got warmed up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

yep, they're good for maybe half an hour before they get a bit sweaty.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Neoprene uses the moisture to keep the skin warm doesn't it? Obviously, with wetsuits it's water rather than sweat, but the same logic would apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

I use those neoprene gloves for all day audaxes during the winter and they're the mutts nuts. Especially if it's a very wet day. Yes, your hands are damp but you're warm the whole way round.

Total game changer for me anyway even though I wasn't that big a fan of them when I bought them, literally makes it easier to get out of bed in the cold mornings knowing you're going to be nice and warm going in, I have 5am starts and night shifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭byrnem31

The lights in aldi are very good. Using them weeks now and they last a while before a recharge is needed. Loads of different light settings on them too.

• Advertisement

I sometimes use those very light cotton/linen gloves you can get in a pharmacy as liners under my winter gloves. Feels so much better when the hands get a sweat on. They are actually really good also if you need to wear latex or vinyl gloves for a period.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭byrnem31

Got a ski jacket today in lidl for my short commute to work on the bike. High viz, loads of pockets, removable hood and zips under the arms to let the air in. 29 quid, not bad at all. It would be ideal for a hybrid bike, I've a racer but it will do the job for cold winter mornings.
    Few left tallaght village.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭harringtonp

It's the ski section but picked this up yesterday in Aldi and got to try it out this morning. Great piece of gear, breathable, snug fitting and flexible material

Lidl have bike offers 08/03
    workstands, helmets, tools, pump, led lights, sunglasses

• Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi, any link please, can't find anything in Lidl or Aldi website

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

Lidl's book online is only up to next Thursday 4th, probably tomorrow or Tuesday before the new book is up.

This is the Lidl NI version
    https://www.lidl-ni.co.uk/en/c/cycling/c1300/w2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

https://www.lidl.ie/en/c/just-keep-spinning/c64/w2

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I'll grab one of those work stands for sure, any know if the sunglasses are any use?
    Functionally at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I have that bike stand, very useful

Advertisement